This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

Poverty
Topic Author

New condo walkthrough

Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi everyone.

I just bought a new Condo and it's closing soon. I've scheduled my walk through with the builders for this Tuesday. It's a new unit built last year or maybe end of 2013? Anything specific I should be looking for? The only thing I've noticed in my visits is that my stainless steel fridge has a dent on the right door. Also I'm in BC so I should have 2 years of warranty I believe. Should I bother checking the parking garage/garbage areas or just my parking stall only?

Thanks for any responses :)

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Re: New condo walkthrough

Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:54 pm

I think in your offer to purchase it allows the Developer to change layout, square footage, etc. unilaterally. I would make sure that the square footage is the same and if not, you need compensation for it. Make sure your parking and storage location is where it is suppose to be and also under what type of ownership it is, ie limited common property, or common property.

I can't think of anything else. :D
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

Arrow
Real Estate Talker

Re: New condo walkthrough

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:09 pm

This topic was done to death a few years ago when the King Edward Village development was struggling to the finishing line. Strangely, the whole voluminous thread seems to have disappeared into the fog of history. If anyone has a copy perhaps they would be kind enough to repost it for the OP's benefit.