This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Bullish forum posters.... where are they?

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:02 am

So where did the honourable bulls like Property Magnate, Steinbock, IslandLandlord, GPDU, etc., go??? :D

I remember when the Be :evil: rs were running rampant ridiculing anybody that had anything to do with the real estate industry, other than being a Tenant. I remember when people made fun of Property Magnate because of his handle and also they were jealous because he bought a few condos. I think he worked in the Condo Industry selling pre-sales or something. Anyhow, what happened to him? He was always polite inspite of the rude derisive remarks made by the L.O.S.E.R.S. He must've done real well. I bet you he probably owns his place(s) clear title today. :D

What about Steinbock? The eagle avatar was quite deadly. He was a vocal real estate advocate. :D

What about IslandLandlord? Good times! :D

What about GPDU? I think he is a new Canadian and a big investor. He even bought a place in Texas. :D

Can you think of any more great bulls that aren't around anymore? :D

I miss them. :D

Please log in and say "hello", if you are out there and operating under a different handle, please send a PM.
Your secret is safe. :D
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Re: Bullish forum posters.... where are they?

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:13 am

Where's Pigvomit aka Nerking? :mrgreen:

Property_Magnate
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:29 pm

WhipMaster!

You called?

I still visit this site occassionally just to get a sense of how some posters feel about our RE market, but apart from that, I have long given up on the childish back-and-forth that goes on here at times :wink:

I have moved on from residential and have been working in the commercial RE industry for over 8 years now. A lot less ups and downs and I get to deal more with businesses rather than individuals who tend to be less professional. Both sides of the industry have their pros and cons, but I love working with commercial brokers and tenants. I work for a large developer in town looking after their commercial portfolio in Western Canada.

A little about what has happened since my last post (I can't even remember when that was!):

- Sold 2 of my condos that I bought pre-sale in 2004 in downtown Vancouver just by Rogers Arena. One sold in 2010 and the other in 2012. Both were 2 bedrooms that were purchased for $280K give or take and sold around $560K each. One I lived in with my family and rented out the other.
- Used the profits to upgrade to a spectacular 3-bedroom, 1600 square feet "new" condo in Fairview
- Have 2 lovely young kids
- Love condo living close to downtown with my family for the proximity to work downtown, restaurants everywhere and just the energy that the burbs don't offer

I was really fortunate with how things worked out for me in real estate. I definitely took chances when I bought a few presale condos to flip back in 2004, but I was adamant at the time that there was room to grow for Vancouver. I still think it is one of the best places to live in the world and I am gladly paying for it by choosing to live close to downtown. I travel a lot internationally and every time my plane lands at YVR, I feel so blessed to be back home to such a beautiful place.

I took some chances, had some luck and stayed away from the extreme negative and positive views of posters on this forum. I would put myself in the Bull camp always, but that is only because I think you need to be ready to seek out deals - and this requires a pro-active mindset. One should never buy what they cannot afford (everyone agrees on this), but you should always be ready to buy a home when you need one (starting a new family, for example). Most of the original bears on this forum are gone, but I must say, it is funny to look back and see how wrong on the timing they were. :oops:

Good luck with your stick poking WhipMaster!! I love how you riled em' Permabears up back in the day! :lol:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Property Magnate, how nice of you to grace us with your presence. :mrgreen:

I am so glad things worked out for you. :D

Those were the days huh? I knew you'd be successful. You always handled yourself impeccably with these "ne'er do well, armchair, geniuses". :mrgreen:

I think there are a lot of the original B :evil: ars still around but they are scared to show their face.
And now that you have given us the good news about how things worked out for you, I am sure they will probably remain scarce.
Haw! Haw! Haw! :mrgreen:

PS... I can't rile them up anymore as time and the market, has taken it's toll on the codgers....hahahahaha :P

pigvomit
Real Estate Talker

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Hey WipeMister,

Got bored with this site, first time on for a looongg time.Still very Bullish on Surrey! Good vibes to you in what ever incarnation!

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Pigvomittttttt!!!! :mrgreen:
Wretchhhhhh~hhhhhhhhhhh! :D

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Hey? How's your mastiff doggy doing?
It was a pup way back when. :mrgreen:

tedeastside
Real Estate Talker

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:51 am

man how can anybody be bearish on a city in which you can go skiing in the morning, snowshoeing in the afternoon, look at a world famous steam clock at night,
a city which is the hometown of 1-800 got junk , a city with a CFL team, a city with 3pm sunsets in winter ,really awesome mountain views, a city that holds the record for most expensive groceries on earth, a city with awesome seawalls and food carts

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:16 am

Yes... And we would have had 1~800~I~stink.... But you moved. :mrgreen:

pigvomit
Real Estate Talker

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:24 am

Me Mastiff is an old Fart now! just like me.Walk him twice a day but now just a couple of blocks.He is finished after that.But,,He is still my best Friend!!!!!! :)

Lisa

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:56 pm

man how can anybody be bearish on a city in which you can go skiing in the morning, snowshoeing in the afternoon, look at a world famous steam clock at night,
a city which is the hometown of 1-800 got junk , a city with a CFL team, a city with 3pm sunsets in winter ,really awesome mountain views, a city that holds the record for most expensive groceries on earth, a city with awesome seawalls and food carts
I was lazing on the seawall with my crystal meth buddies, watching the sunset just the other night. Then we wandered over to the steam clock, turned a few tricks, rolled a few little old ladies, before we got ready to ski the following day. What a place! And so affordable. I mean it makes Paris look sick. Would you rather tour the Louvre, or take a shot at old Vancouvre?

thinktom
Real Estate Talker

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:36 pm

I was lazing on the seawall with my crystal meth buddies, watching the sunset just the other night. Then we wandered over to the steam clock, turned a few tricks, rolled a few little old ladies, before we got ready to ski the following day. What a place! And so affordable. I mean it makes Paris look sick. Would you rather tour the Louvre, or take a shot at old Vancouvre?
Hi Timber.. I mean... Lisa. :wink:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:45 am

Lisa=Timber=Chimp=Chimperella? :shock:

Well fancy that?

Help...Yet again I find myself on another realestate forum....cuz I am a l.o.s.e.r.
:mrgreen:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Chimp~ster? Where are you? :shock:
In re`habe? :mrgreen:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:46 pm

I know where you are.... You're all laughing right now. :mrgreen: