This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

Austin
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Vancouver RE is about to get CRUSHED if this keeps up

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:31 pm

This is 2008 all over again.
Redistribute consumption, not income.

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver RE is about to get CRUSHED if this keeps up

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:54 pm

This is 2008 all over again.

Sure is.

The world is about to plunge into another recession and there is nowhere to shuffle the debt to this time. Pretty scary.

jesse1
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:28 pm

nowhere to shuffle the debt to this time
For every debtor there is a creditor. Hu's more worried?

Taipan
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Last edited by Taipan on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:03 pm

nowhere to shuffle the debt to this time
For every debtor there is a creditor. Hu's more worried?
:lol:

Who really knows? I assume that the east is best aware of the financial position the world is in. I don't think they are blind to the severity of the US financial crisis, lets hope that we as a province really are the "gateway to Asia," and that Asia is going to see this through with relatively little pain.

jesse1
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Asia is going to see this through with relatively little pain.
... because they are creditors? With all the barking China has made about the US's debt, they just can't seem to get off the US Debt Sauce.

Taipan
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Last edited by Taipan on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pb
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Yup, I have waited patiently just reading. No part arguing with the folks who have a vested interested because they'll tell you their mouth isn't full of shit when their ears and eyes are gushing it. She's all done now folks, stick a fork in 'er. And to those that have always said we need outside forces to force this market down....lol. Come clean...You were kidding, right :wink:

jesse1
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Quotations from Chairman Homer
"Dear Lord: The gods have been good to me. For the first time in my life, everything is absolutely perfect just the way it is. So here's the deal: You freeze everything the way it is, and I won't ask for anything more. If that is OK, please give me absolutely no sign. OK, deal. In gratitude, I present you this offering of cookies and milk. If you want me to eat them for you, give me no sign. Thy will be done."

vanreal
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Recession means very low rates for a very long time. How is this going to screw people. If your property drops in value just down sell as you will certainly be able to afford the payments. Also Vancouver isn't overpriced compared to other cities, it just isn't dense enough. Too many single family houses on large lots in the centre of the city.

jesse1
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:33 pm

single family houses
Dude, "single family" hasn't been around most of the city for a while now. You're denser than you think.

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Asia is going to see this through with relatively little pain.
... because they are creditors? With all the barking China has made about the US's debt, they just can't seem to get off the US Debt Sauce.
I think thats where the conversation needs to head, can the largest creditor afford another recession? I'm certainly not fit to say, I am not sure anyone is. What I do know is that China is still growing "too fast", they are actively pursuing ways to discourage investment and slow down inflation. The Chinese are looking to slow their growth to around the 5% mark. North America can only dream of accelerating growth to 5%. On the surface, yes I would say this creditor is better fit to weather the storm.

On the flip side, never dismiss the Americans. Bunch of sly, sleazy business men looking to save their asses and empires are sure to come up with creative ways to keep America wealthy.

I think the concern this time around is that the two largest economies of the world are in dire straights, the EU zone and the US. How do you really fix this problem? How do you raise confidence in economies that now clearly demonstrated are in totally stalled once the stimulus is dried up.

unicas
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Postby rofina » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:41 pm

What I do know is that China is still growing "too fast
You pretty much can blame China for the West`s misery. The West`s demise starts with the rise of China , and to a lesser degree India.

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:59 pm

Postby rofina » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:41 pm

What I do know is that China is still growing "too fast
You pretty much can blame China for the West`s misery. The West`s demise starts with the rise of China , and to a lesser degree India.
Its a bit of a chicken and egg conundrum. Would China of had the opportunity to grow the way it has if not for the greed and constant pursuit of profits in corporate America?

I think the West is doomed now, the Chinese have had too much time to build up the middle class. Few more years China wont be nearly as reliant on the NA consumer, thats when the real trouble starts. Billion something people, thats a massive amount of potential consumers to exploit.

Americans need something drastic to get going again. Status quo wont do it any more.

tapioca
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Bring it.

I have been a bear for a while now. We have a very small mortgage - less than rent and don't care if we lose "value" on the house, it's not real anyways. and my industry is doing well out of the current financial situation (not to boast, as I don't enjoy seeing other people being hurt). I would like to buy another property but not at these prices.

B RING . IT. OOOOON.