This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

arkangel31

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Sun May 14, 2017 9:29 am

Yzfr I got a private deal on the first one, so no realtor fee's.  When I sold the second one my realtor buddy did  it for a flat fee of 5000 and I got the highest priced sale on the block at the time.  That is what happens when the market is abnormally hot.   Property transfer fee's no way out of it.  I paid 10000 on my first deal and 9000 on my second one.  To tell you the truth I would sell the townhouse we are living in now and bank the money and sit, Over a million dollars in a mutual fund after the market crashes yeahoooooo..... or I put my money in another country with high interest rates yeahooo.... then I go travel the world... and all the idiots here can live in a rat race... trying to outbid each other lol..... Live life simply folks... Don't try to outrun each other.. this city has become a pretentious superficial hole...... where it rains 80 percent of the year... lol.. people who are dirt poor who live near the equator where there is actual sun are happier than most of the people in this city lol.... kinda of f up to tell you the truth... 

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 14, 2017 9:46 am

Yzfr I got a private deal on the first one, so no realtor fee's.  When I sold the second one my realtor buddy did  it for a flat fee of 5000 and I got the highest priced sale on the block at the time.  That is what happens when the market is abnormally hot.   Property transfer fee's no way out of it.  I paid 10000 on my first deal and 9000 on my second one.  To tell you the truth I would sell the townhouse we are living in now and bank the money and sit, Over a million dollars in a mutual fund after the market crashes yeahoooooo..... or I put my money in another country with high interest rates yeahooo.... then I go travel the world... and all the idiots here can live in a rat race... trying to outbid each other lol..... Live life simply folks... Don't try to outrun each other.. this city has become a pretentious superficial hole...... where it rains 80 percent of the year... lol.. people who are dirt poor who live near the equator where there is actual sun are happier than most of the people in this city lol.... kinda of f up to tell you the truth... 

Yeah it is a rat race. Ironic, if your parents had that mentality 30 years ago and sold their house. You would not be in the situation you are in now with equity and you would be also in the proverbial rat race as well.

arkangel31

Sun May 14, 2017 10:01 am

It was a different time,  houses were not 11 to 12 multiple's of income   they were 4 to 5 maximum.  You couldn't sell and bank the money and afford to travel if you had kids.  I have no kids so i'm able too.  Different scenario's kiddo's.  My general life skills and thought process tell me to look out for everyone not just the elite or the corrupt.  I have no problem with real estate being the way it is for myself personally.   Actually it would be beneficial to me if prices went up even more.  I look too the newbies and wonder how they are gonna live in this city.  

Go look at worldaudit.com/corruption and the countries in the top 20 ( european or north american mostly).   I'm punjabi/east indian myself and I can tell you from my own experiences of travelling to india, you don't want this country to turn into a cesspool of third world living and corruption

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 14, 2017 10:33 am

Housing in Vancouver is probably a sham, but who has 10+ years of their lives to wait it out. The bears might be right in 2030 but no amount of money can buy lost time of your life back.
Vancouver realty is not a 'sham'. It is about supply and demand; and lives are at stake. What we need to do is to change the rules in order to regain sanity and remain a functioning community.  :!:
We need three strikes before we get the bear market. #1 Foreigner buyers tax. #2 NDP/Green government. #3...???

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 14, 2017 2:16 pm

then I go travel the world... and all the idiots here can live in a rat race... trying to outbid each other lol..... Live life simply folks... Don't try to outrun each other.. this city has become a pretentious superficial hole...... where it rains 80 percent of the year... lol.. people who are dirt poor who live near the equ then I go travel the world... and all the idiots here can live in a rat race... trying to outbid each other lol..... Live life simply folks... Don't try to outrun each other.. this city has become a pretentious superficial hole...... where it rains 80 percent of the year... lol.. people who are dirt poor who live near the equator where there is actual sun are happier than most of the people in this city lol.... kinda of f up to tell you the truth... ator where there is actual sun are happier than most of the people in this city lol.... kinda of f up to tell you the truth...
100% agree.
I can't tell you how many times I've had this same conversation with people I know. I even mention how much better people in Central America live without all the rat race trappings.
Lets face it, Vancouver has become a cesspool. Regular, hard-working, middle class Canadian families don't live here. It's become a place of status where your postal code is your Bentley.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Housing in Vancouver is probably a sham, but who has 10+ years of their lives to wait it out. The bears might be right in 2030 but no amount of money can buy lost time of your life back.
Vancouver realty is not a 'sham'. It is about supply and demand; and lives are at stake. What we need to do is to change the rules in order to regain sanity and remain a functioning community.  :!:
We need three strikes before we get the bear market. #1 Foreigner buyers tax. #2 NDP/Green government. #3...???
^-- irrelevant - plonk

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Eyes my mom had passed away and it seemed hard for my dad to stay in the same place with the memories.   So we sold in 2011, bid on some subdividable lots in 2012 and 2013.  We lost out on those lots to builders.   We bought back into 2013 and last year sold in may and made a good profit.  We bought a townhouse last april prior to selling our other house and that has gone up about 275,000.  It's not like I haven't profited from the out of wack prices, I just feel it's not best for the overall well being of a community when prices are so out of reach for many here.   I also know some people linked to political groups and the corruption and money given is mind boggling.  It's all to keep the money train going.  
I agree that these high prices are not healthy - but I disagree with those that think the status quo will magically bring about a change.
For housing types, there are detached and condo, and not much in between. Anything that you can raise a family in costs a fortune because deveolopers just arent building them.

1. Rezone any lot 5000sqft and above to RT, multi-family
2. Only approve a development that has 30% of the units as 3 bedrrom 1200sqft
3. Each condo tower should devote a fllor to seniors housing rental. The strata to be responsible for their support
Etc etc.
high prices are healthy they pay for the city  services through taxes

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 14, 2017 3:02 pm

then I go travel the world... and all the idiots here can live in a rat race... trying to outbid each other lol..... Live life simply folks... Don't try to outrun each other.. this city has become a pretentious superficial hole...... where it rains 80 percent of the year... lol.. people who are dirt poor who live near the equ then I go travel the world... and all the idiots here can live in a rat race... trying to outbid each other lol..... Live life simply folks... Don't try to outrun each other.. this city has become a pretentious superficial hole...... where it rains 80 percent of the year... lol.. people who are dirt poor who live near the equator where there is actual sun are happier than most of the people in this city lol.... kinda of f up to tell you the truth... ator where there is actual sun are happier than most of the people in this city lol.... kinda of f up to tell you the truth...
100% agree.
I can't tell you how many times I've had this same conversation with people I know. I even mention how much better people in Central America live without all the rat race trappings.
Lets face it, Vancouver has become a cesspool. Regular, hard-working, middle class Canadian families don't live here.  It's become a place of status where your postal code is your Bentley.
then get a good business then you can afford that car you drool over as well.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 14, 2017 3:03 pm

It was a different time,  houses were not 11 to 12 multiple's of income   they were 4 to 5 maximum.  You couldn't sell and bank the money and afford to travel if you had kids.  I have no kids so i'm able too.  Different scenario's kiddo's.  My general life skills and thought process tell me to look out for everyone not just the elite or the corrupt.  I have no problem with real estate being the way it is for myself personally.   Actually it would be beneficial to me if prices went up even more.  I look too the newbies and wonder how they are gonna live in this city.  

Go look at worldaudit.com/corruption and the countries in the top 20 ( european or north american mostly).   I'm punjabi/east indian myself and I can tell you from my own experiences of travelling to india, you don't want this country to turn into a cesspool of third world living and corruption
It wouldnt be such a desirable place to live it was only a multiple of 5 by the way

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Agree

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 14, 2017 5:06 pm

^-- irrelevant - plonk

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 14, 2017 5:08 pm

There's over 50% of the population hoping for a correction. 50% are drooling with envy
FTFY

arkangel31

Mon May 15, 2017 6:31 am

It was a lot more desirable when it was multiples of 4 to 5, you didn't have entitled people all over the place.  You didn't have wannabe gangster's lighting up the city lol

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Mon May 15, 2017 6:43 am

There's plenty of places like that a 2 to 4 hour drive from Vancouver. Hope, Vernon, Lytton  etc.   Not that popular of a place

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Mon May 15, 2017 8:51 am

It was a lot more desirable when it was multiples of 4 to 5, you didn't have entitled people all over the place.  You didn't have wannabe gangster's lighting up the city lol
Most visitors that come to Vancouver agree it is a nice place to visit and extremely boring.