This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:58 pm

:lol:

I drive an E550 since 2014. What do you drive?
Cool story bro. This is a guy who lives in a condo and bitches about home prices being expensive.

Not only do you have no clue about economics and realestate. Your fincial planing is sub par as well to allocate that much money into a car while living in a 1 bedroom apartment.

I suppose you are "hood" rich

I drive a DeLorean, with flux capacitor option.
It is beyond your understanding. BTW, I'm a diamond aeroplan member this June.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:19 am

@admin

how is it that Jimtan is still not banned. He posts the same graphs over and over without even understanding what he is posting. No supporting ideas or anything.

He's like the Canadian Donald Trump. Denying climate change, except hes denying cold hard numbers of real estate
Its quite clear plain that you know how to interpret and analyze a chart. ! thumbs up!
I post individual sales so you aren't tricked by charts and graphs. There is nothing in the individual sales that indicate the market is changing direction.
In addition to that ,educated people know that high status on an airline plan means nothing anymore since the national carrier is ditching them

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:08 am

Cool story bro. This is a guy who lives in a condo and bitches about home prices being expensive.

Not only do you have no clue about economics and realestate. Your fincial planing is sub par as well to allocate that much money into a car while living in a 1 bedroom apartment.

jimtan has resorted to using superficial status symbols since his housing doesn't hold any. Good strategy

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:08 am

jimtan has resorted to using superficial status symbols since his housing doesn't hold any. Good strategy
Superficial? Cold hard cash, not play money.
Charts and graphs, not cherry picking.  :!:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:09 am

You could even say record breaking

2000sqft
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:54 pm

is that something to really brag about...and an E550 as an automobile and place to live in...get a clue..
To the moon and beyond!...at $2000 per sq ft

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:12 pm

I fought off the bear trolls from 2008 to 2015. I can certainly fight off a couple of bull trolls.

FYI of the newbies, I joined the forum as a bear in 2007-8. In late 2008, I flipped to be a buyer. Purchased my two-bed on Marinaside Crescent in March 2009. Spoke bullish for 6 years.

In autumn of 2015, I contacted a realtor. She wanted me to sell then. I said spring 2016.

So, we sell in March 2016 for another $200k. Applause.

By a strange coincidence, I started the Should The Government Intervene thread ... When?

After I sold the apartment, other owners in the building went wild. The unit above mine listed for +$100k. Guess it didn't sell. Last month, that unit listed for $20k below my transacted price.

I'm told that it sold above listing. No problem. Still in the same ball park.

Don't worry about me. I bought a one-bed pre-sale near Queen Elizabeth Park in autumn of 2015. Grasp! Walk through this summer.

Anyway, I don't need any more money. I'm preparing to exit. I'm worried about the kids. There's always some newbie buying at the top. BTW did you catch the latest news. Rrump is flexing his muscles.

He's going to change the game. He'll either be a hero or a big dummy. Stay tuned.
Read this post from Jimtan. Take a moment to digest what he wrote. Only bought into a apartment in 2009, drives a E550 and has diamond status in Aeroplan "allegedly" 
He contacted a real estate agent in autumn of 2015, but told the realtor to hold out for March of 2016. Claims he made a extra $200,000 in 6 months on a condo.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:09 pm

Get this. Someone who claims to be a millionaire and drives a DeLorean with flux capacitor. Pleeeze...  :roll:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:35 pm

I fought off the bear trolls from 2008 to 2015. I can certainly fight off a couple of bull trolls.

FYI of the newbies, I joined the forum as a bear in 2007-8. In late 2008, I flipped to be a buyer. Purchased my two-bed on Marinaside Crescent in March 2009. Spoke bullish for 6 years.

In autumn of 2015, I contacted a realtor. She wanted me to sell then. I said spring 2016.

By a strange coincidence, I started the Should The Government Intervene thread ... When?

After I sold the apartment, other owners in the building went wild. The unit above mine listed for +$100k. Guess it didn't sell. Last month, that unit listed for $20k below my transacted price.

Don't worry about me. I bought a one-bed pre-sale near Queen Elizabeth Park in autumn of 2015. Grasp! Walk through this summer.

Anyway, I don't need any more money. I'm preparing to exit. I'm worried about the kids. There's always some newbie buying at the top. BTW did you catch the latest news. Rrump is flexing his muscles.

He's going to change the game. He'll either be a hero or a big dummy. Stay tuned.
Read this post from Jimtan. Take a moment to digest what he wrote. Only bought into a apartment in 2009, drives a E550 and has diamond status in Aeroplan "allegedly" 
He contacted a real estate agent in autumn of 2015, but told the realtor to hold out for March of 2016. Claims he made a extra $200,000 in 6 months on a condo.
Well, some people are richer than they think or is it the other way around how does that commercial go i forgot

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:04 pm

http://www.westerninvestor.com/done-dea ... 1.20318062

Price: $12,000,000
No. of Units: 8
Price/Unit: $1,500,000
Building Size: 22,980 SF
Price/SF: $522
Property Type: Retail
2016 B.C. Assessment Value: $10,481,600

Showed up on my feed, we normally dont talk about comercial realestate. Safe to say its been zoned for mix use so its probably becoming a high rise.

Looks like developers still see value in land.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:30 pm

http://www.westerninvestor.com/done-dea ... 1.20318062

Price: $12,000,000
No. of Units: 8
Price/Unit: $1,500,000
Building Size: 22,980 SF
Price/SF: $522
Property Type: Retail
2016 B.C. Assessment Value: $10,481,600

Showed up on my feed, we normally dont talk about comercial realestate. Safe to say its been zoned for mix use so its probably becoming a high rise.

Looks like developers still see value in land.
with the new evergreen line, coquitlam is going like a rocket to infinity and beyond!

mfmfmf

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Is it possible to also post some transactions on the west side of Vancouver, particularly in the Marpole area and places near Cambie and/or Main?  I'm interested in seeing the prices for homes (single detached house or condo/apt/th) one buys to live in as well as land assemblies.
If I'm cherry picking I post this one.
The other I posted for another purpose.

5771 Clarendon
1810sqft detached built 1951
42x117 RS-1 lot
Asking $1,398,000
Sold $1,650,000 on 16-May after 7 days
Central Killarney home for sale! Huge 42' x 117.03' on a rectangular, flat lot with a triple car garage and lane access. Newer roof, replaced in 2015. Recent renovations in 2017 include: new wide plank laminate floors and new bathroom on the main level, and fresh paint throughout the entire house. This lovely home is move-in ready, enjoyable for many years to come. Walking distance to bus stops, restaurants, London Drugs Plaza, Killarney Market, Nanaimo Park, Waverley Elementary, Killarney Secondary, and more. Do not miss this great opportunity before it is gone! First viewing on Friday, May 12 from 6 to 7 PM. OPEN HOUSE on Saturday, May 13 and Sunday, May 14 from 2 to 4:30 PM. By appointment on Monday, May 15. Offers in my mailbox by Tuesday, May 16 before 5 PM. SOLD! Listed By: OAKWYN REALTY LTD.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Back on topic. Toronto following us...

"Toronto May Home Price Gains Slow as New Listings Surge 49%..."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -49-in-may

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Exactly, and not only that, Vancouver is diverging from most of Ontario, especially the bigger cities
And with the cancellation of the massey bridge keeping more in vancouver, we're going to the moon!

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Is it possible to also post some transactions on the west side of Vancouver, particularly in the Marpole area and places near Cambie and/or Main?  I'm interested in seeing the prices for homes (single detached house or condo/apt/th) one buys to live in as well as land assemblies.
If I'm cherry picking I post this one.
The other I posted for another purpose.

5771 Clarendon
1810sqft detached built 1951
42x117 RS-1 lot
Asking $1,398,000
Sold $1,650,000 on 16-May after 7 days
Central Killarney home for sale! Huge 42' x 117.03' on a rectangular, flat lot with a triple car garage and lane access. Newer roof, replaced in 2015. Recent renovations in 2017 include: new wide plank laminate floors and new bathroom on the main level, and fresh paint throughout the entire house. This lovely home is move-in ready, enjoyable for many years to come. Walking distance to bus stops, restaurants, London Drugs Plaza, Killarney Market, Nanaimo Park, Waverley Elementary, Killarney Secondary, and more. Do not miss this great opportunity before it is gone! First viewing on Friday, May 12 from 6 to 7 PM. OPEN HOUSE on Saturday, May 13 and Sunday, May 14 from 2 to 4:30 PM. By appointment on Monday, May 15. Offers in my mailbox by Tuesday, May 16 before 5 PM. SOLD! Listed By: OAKWYN REALTY LTD.
My settings only go to 2M. Not many west side would be captured.
I'll see what I have