This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:43 pm

You might also be looking at the value of your own home a bit optimistically too: You had a $560k mortgage that has probably been reduced to about $370k now. Not so sure your home would sell for $1.8million in this current market.
You're funny man
Assuming we are talking about the property I think we are all talking about - $1.8m all day long. It would last a day.

I think it was a 50' lot, no?

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:56 pm

You might also be looking at the value of your own home a bit optimistically too: You had a $560k mortgage that has probably been reduced to about $370k now. Not so sure your home would sell for $1.8million in this current market.
You're funny man
Assuming we are talking about the property I think we are all talking about - $1.8m all day long. It would last a day.

Thats not whats funny.
Jealousy reared its ugly head again.
My point was that I have a shitload of equity...1.2M or 1.4M, who cares? Except to someone who is envious.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:15 pm

You're funny man
Assuming we are talking about the property I think we are all talking about - $1.8m all day long.  It would last a day.

Thats not whats funny.
My point was that I have a shitload of equity...1.2M or 1.4M, who cares? Except to someone who is envious.
Its certified abject jealousy, and if envy was an olympic sport he/she/it could win GOLD in Korea 2018 next year

HomelessinSD
Real Estate Talker

Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:03 am

ETB,

You've done very well with your purchase, no doubt. Nothing but congratulations to you. I was simply doubting your evaluation of your property in in this current market.

Your home is mostly land value and I don't think it would command $1.8millon in the present market conditions. Maybe $1.5million. But you say you aren't going to sell so there is no reason to estimate one way or other other. Unless you are just bragging.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:14 am

You're funny man
Assuming we are talking about the property I think we are all talking about - $1.8m all day long.  It would last a day.

Thats not whats funny.
Anyone who is in Vancouver and knows whats going on is things are starting to light up not only because of the season and the new incentives.  In other areas, dissing by those that show jealousy well.. nevermind..

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:27 am

ETB,

You've done very well with your purchase, no doubt. Nothing but congratulations to you. I was simply doubting your evaluation of your property in in this current market.

Your home is mostly land value and I don't think it would command $1.8millon in the present market conditions. Maybe $1.5million. But you say you aren't going to sell so there is no reason to estimate one way or other other. Unless you are just bragging.
Its also funny that you think you're the expert on how much my property is worth.
I think I know quite a bit more about Vancouver than you do, and in particular my own property.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:41 am

Why are you getting so upset?

Lots of talk - put your property on the market and sell it: otherwise everyone has an opinion which is neither right or wrong (including you).

And remember, tomorrow your property is selling for less than today... and that same story everyday for the foreseeable future. Buyers have vanished.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:52 am

ETB,

Its also funny that you think you're the expert on how much my property is worth.
I think I know quite a bit more about Vancouver than you do, and in particular my own property.
Some people prefer to be a clock watcher and with envy thats all. Purchasers abound and spring is coming.  Educated people know that not everyone has access to the data

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:18 pm

I thought we made some progress but seems like we are sliding backwards.

Lets just all agree ETB is in the +1 million equity range +/- $800,000. Still sounds likes first world problems to me.

lets keep the conjecture to a minimum.

ETB keep posting sales from MLS, the bears might say that's cherry picking but nothing stopping the bears from cherry picking distress sales

I'm in the same boat at ETB, I have equity in the million +/- few hundred thousand. Both of us don't plan on selling. Even if the market dropped by 30% I would not even blink because its all paper gains. I would start to worry if it ate into my initial capital or somehow the property became worth less then my mortgage.

I feel that majority of detached homes should be in good finical standings and can avoid a flash crash, a steady decline for a year or 2 in single % loss is healthy, every market needs to cycle. Even greedy bulls know its not good for a chart to go vertical. Slowly decline and let time pass, hopefully we can find some support or build confidence where more people can participate again.

I feel that explains why prices are not coming down as fast as expected given the fewer sales going on, no one is desperate.

Anyways conjecture.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Lets just all agree ETB is in the +1 million equity range +/- $800,000. Still sounds likes first world problems to me.

ETB keep posting sales from MLS, the bears might say that's cherry picking but nothing stopping the bears from cherry picking distress sales

I'm in the same boat at ETB, I have equity in the million +/- few hundred thousand. Both of us don't plan on selling. Even if the market dropped by 30% I would not even blink because its all paper gains. I would start to worry if it ate into my initial capital or somehow the property became worth less then my mortgage.

I feel that majority of detached homes should be in good finical standings and can avoid a flash crash, a steady decline for a year or 2 in single % loss is healthy, every market needs to cycle. Even greedy bulls know its not good for a chart to go vertical. Slowly decline and let time pass, hopefully we can find some support or build confidence where more people can participate again.

I feel that explains why prices are not coming down as fast as expected given the fewer sales going on, no one is desperate.

Anyways conjecture.
Tell that to your "to the moon" buddies.

If you say you will be fine with a 30% decline,I believe you. But a lot of people would be not okay with it.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Anyways conjecture.
There's a ton of people here that are insanely drooling with envy of what you and ETB have, and rather than improving thyself, would prefer people to be brought down to their level.  Anyone who actually has a place knows that a diddly drop like that won't mean a whit. People that actually know about these things would realize that there's not all that many new places being built with 30,000 people a year coming, and a low vacancy rate. Well in other words, we're going to the moon!

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:11 am

5542 Killarney
2454sqft detached built 1978
33x123 RS1 lot
Asking $1,420,000
Sold $1,523,000 on 7-Feb-2017 after 8 days on the market
Immaculately maintained Vancouver Special on a 33'x 123' lot with an opportunity to renovate or use as an income generating investment. Main floor could easily be suited and features a large recreation room, 1 bedroom and bathroom, fully equipped secondary kitchen, and laundry room with access to the garage. Upstairs includes 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, generous living/dining room space, and a bright kitchen and eating area that leads onto the massive 318 sqft deck with eastward views. Convenient location close to various restaurants, grocery stores, parks, steps away from transit and near the 29th avenue skytrain station. Open House: 6-7pm on Thursday, February 2nd/ 2-4 on Saturday, February 4th/ 12-2 on Sunday, February 5th. Listed By: RE/MAX CREST REALTY WESTSIDE
Attachments
photo_server.jpg
photo_server.jpg (98.98 KiB) Viewed 1770 times

Tsawguy
Real Estate Talker

Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:16 pm

5542 Killarney
33x123 RS1 lot
Asking $1,420,000
Immaculately maintained Vancouver Special on a 33'x 123' lot with an opportunity to renovate or use as an income generating investment. Main floor could easily be suited and features a large recreation room, 1 bedroom and bathroom, fully equipped secondary kitchen, and laundry room with access to the garage. Upstairs includes 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, generous living/dining room space, and a bright kitchen and eating area that leads onto the massive 318 sqft deck with eastward views. Convenient location close to various restaurants, grocery stores, parks, steps away from transit and near the 29th avenue skytrain station. Open House: 6-7pm on Thursday, February 2nd/ 2-4 on Saturday, February 4th/ 12-2 on Sunday, February 5th. Listed By: RE/MAX CREST REALTY WESTSIDE

Assessed value is $1.607M Actual address is 5442 Killarney

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:26 pm

5542 Killarney
33x123 RS1 lot
Asking $1,420,000
classic house. a popular format and shape

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:33 am

Ive noticed tons of land assembly deals in east Van recently. On 33rd past Knight, Slocan and 29th and now I see a whole block on Rupert and 22nd which is like 5-8 houses.

Lots of demand for more affordable townhouses, maybe its developers buying homes and developing them into town homes keeping the juice flowing every so slowly