This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Fri May 15, 2015 11:13 am

getting down to just 300 detached listings in the sub 2M range, east Vancouver.
Inventory shrinking quickly.
I suspect May will bring another 2-4% price increase

3174 E 5TH AV
MLS® V1120589
2248sqft detached built 1963
33x122 lot
asking $899,900
sold for $1,202,000 on 11-May after 10 days on the market
Family home in Renfrew neighbourhood, on a quiet tree-lined street. Functional layout with 3 good size bedrooms upstairs, original refinished wood floors, cozy living room with mountain view. Spacious, great potential rental or in-law suitedownstairs with separate entry has 2 bdrms, full bath, rec & flex room & wine cellar. Enjoy the sunny SW facing sundeck for year round BBQ with direct access from the kitchen. Detached garage, carport, plenty of street parking. Next to Sunrise Park, also walking distance to Rupert Park, T&T grocery & Superstore, transit & schools. Move in now & bring your renovation ideas or build your dream home. First showing at the Open House Sat & Sun May 9 &10, 2-4pm.Offers presented Monday, May 11 at 3 pm. Listed By: PROMPTON REAL ESTATE SERV.INC.
Attachments
3174 east 5th ave.jpg
3174 east 5th ave.jpg (53.7 KiB) Viewed 5028 times

HomelessinSD
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 15, 2015 11:38 am

Translated in by Google translator:

"Chinese people always pay attention to their children's education , investment in education spare no effort. Regardless of the old and new immigrants , the pace has not been firm , schooling of children already put family issues. Whenever the San Francisco Bay Area school district , close to a large number of Chinese families gather some even can not afford , we will not hesitate to pay high rents. In the shadow of the financial crisis, the shadow of a downturn in the real estate , housing prices in these areas all the way strong.
In the San Francisco East Bay in Alameda County , for example, the county in September median house price of three hundred eighty-five thousand US dollars , compared with last year fell by 31.25% . The town has a star Albany High School , and the University of California, Berkeley adjacent houses in September the central parity six hundred ninety-four thousand US dollars , up 19.14 percent over five hundred eighty-two thousand five hundred US dollars a year earlier.

Stanford University in Palo Alto, where the city has two outstanding high school , September median house price was $ 1,152,500 , up 12.8 % over last year .

Subprime mortgage crisis triggered by the financial crisis , the Chinese are smart sophisticated investors to create business opportunities . The more sluggish real estate market , the more they sell the opportunity."

Wow - written the same way Thompson posts in RET. Maybe he's writing his posts in Chinese and using Google translator to cut and paste in RET....

This is what you are hanging your hat on as factual data?

I tell my children all the time that it's okay to fool around and be foolish sometimes, but don't "act the fool". You are later.

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Wow - written the same way Thompson posts in RET. Maybe he's writing his posts in Chinese and using Google translator to cut and paste in RET....
God... I just googled it this morning and got the article in 5 mins. It was posted in a Chinese internet. So, Homeless, if I tell you the source now you wouldn't accuse me wrote the article by myself few years ago? :lol:

Wait a minutes, You missed the most important parts here (!):

"美国房地产信息网站DataQuick的最新统计显示,旧金山湾区九个郡104个城市中,今年九月的房屋中间价与去年同期相比,都有不同程度的下跌,最高达46.62%。但华人集聚的奥伯尼、伯克利、旧金山日落区、柏林甘姆、密尔布瑞、帕洛阿图、萨拉托加、库柏蒂诺以及佛利蒙等市、区拥有在全美以及加州排名前列的公立高中,房价却未出现大幅下跌。"

These are the "facts" you were talking about. But unfortunately I can't translate them from Chinese into English because of those cities' (or areas') name. It just like you can't connect dots between "rich gate" to Richmond ,or " elegant place" to Coquitlam, if you are not living in Great Vancouver even you are a Chinese. So, Homeless, why don't you let your Chinese wife translate them into English (please) since you guys are living in San Francisco. I firmly believe she will tell us the same thing as I told you : There were no big correction in those high populated Chinese areas (in or around San Francisco), they all hold relatively well in the crisis! .... Maybe Thompson is CEO of DataQuick?? :lol: :lol:

HomelessinSD
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Thompson - I realize you are just trolling and can't possibly be that stupid. Hope you had your fun and enjoy the long weekend.

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Thompson - I realize you are just trolling and can't possibly be that stupid. Hope you had your fun and enjoy the long weekend.
I have fun indeed, but I am not trolling, my weakness is : enjoy teaching. :P

Have a good long weekend to yourself.

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 15, 2015 2:21 pm

you resort to name-calling you've lost the argument

HomelessinSD
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 15, 2015 2:43 pm

Argument? Hard to even classify that a discussion. Thompson uses the same tactics as you do.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 15, 2015 7:10 pm

the cheapest house(but with an ROW) in east van now - 33x110 lot

http://www.patsyhui.com/display.php?res ... afeae6385c

doc2
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 15, 2015 8:53 pm

how can such a house be allowed to exists and even worst how is someone desperate enough to buy that !!!

red_lantern
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 15, 2015 10:47 pm

It's a right of way, got a city sewer underneath the house, it will smell like shit - some investor from CHINA with breath that smells like shit and that doesn't understand a word of English will be suckered into buying it and using it as a bank account.

doc2
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 16, 2015 5:06 am

@red you must be one of those people that think your sh*t don't stink.

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Tue May 19, 2015 5:47 pm

920 38TH AVE E
MLS® V1121226
1851sqft detached built 1947
33x122 lot
asking $1,015,000
sold for $1,205,850 on 11-May after 6 days on the market
Lovely character home on quiet, tree lined street in PRIME Fraser location! This well kept home has gorgeous original hardwood floors, an updated kitchen and is on a beautifully landscaped 33 X 122' south facing lot with detached garage & lane access. Walk to schools, parks and vibrant Fraser St shopping corridor! Basement has suite (unauthorized & not tenanted) with separate entrance. Come and see it at the Open House Saturday & Sunday May 9-10 from 2-4pm. Offer presentation Monday at 6 pm. Listed By: SUTTON GROUP - SEAFAIR REALTY
Attachments
920 east 38th ave.jpg
920 east 38th ave.jpg (5.69 KiB) Viewed 4542 times

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Wed May 20, 2015 10:17 am

the hits just keep on coming

2931 43RD AVE E MLS®
V1120578
2338sqft detached built 1988
33x121 lot
asking $1,299,800
sold for $1458,800 on 11-May after 10 days on the market
Prime Killarney location. Beautiful Vancouver Special home has 3 bedrooms up and 2 bedroom suite down with additional bachelor accommodation. Just steps away from Killarney High, Park and Community Center. Granite countertop kitchen, laminate wood flooring, 4 full baths, double garage and large enclosed sundeck. Snatch this home quick and be ready for all your summer time BBQ needs! Property contains accommodation which is not authorized. Listed By: AMEX BROADWAY WEST REALTY
Attachments
2931 43rd ave east.jpg
2931 43rd ave east.jpg (41.06 KiB) Viewed 4439 times

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Wed May 20, 2015 11:14 am

:lol:

Its like an ever escalating race to 2 million.

Forget those 2030 predictions. How about 2016?

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed May 20, 2015 12:32 pm

http://www.vancourier.com/opinion/gover ... -1.1941361
If you have noticed a persistent ringing in your ears lately, take heart as we all are hearing it. It is the sound of government cash registers as they rake in revenue from Vancouver’s record-breaking real estate market.

What you will certainly not hear above the din is any politician saying they will make any changes that could risk driving down housing prices. That is because they are too dependent on the dollars it brings into government coffers.

In you still think that an elected official will come to the rescue of those trying to buy into Vancouver’s hyper-inflated single-family housing market, please note the following.

There are 757 million reasons why the B.C. government will not intervene. That figure represents the total the amount in dollars the government raised in property transfer taxes in the last fiscal year. Buying and selling homes is big business in B.C., and that figure could go as high as $1 billion if 2015 sales projections hold.

There are nearly 1.9 billion reasons why Mayor Gregor Robertson will keep his mouth zipped over double-digit property assessment increases across our city. The City of Vancouver issued $1.88-billion worth of residential permits in 2014. Overall this represents a 77 per cent increase over 2008.