This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

unicas
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:27 am

by HAM » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:06 am

Sales are definitely going to be lower yoy. I don't get why these people need to beat each other up for a standard lot home.
They did not get Mark Carney's repeated warnings properly translated for them. Stupid eh?

vancityeast
Real Estate Talker

Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 pm

We held an open house at 4240 Parker St., list $829k, over the weekend. Willingdon Heights area.

We had 160 people through the opens over Sat and Sun and received 4 offers. Very large amount of local and overseas Chinese buyers in attendance, probably 85%.

Just fyi.
Surprised there is that much interest from overseas Chinese buyers in North Burnaby. My friend who lives in the area said there were several $1 million dollar homes that sat on the market last year ended up selling this year. I guess some of the buyers just couldn't wait any longer.
The proximity to Vancouver and Downtown is a major plus. Not surprised there's interest in that area as opposed to Richmond.

HAM
Real Estate Talker

Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:34 pm

We held an open house at 4240 Parker St., list $829k, over the weekend. Willingdon Heights area.

We had 160 people through the opens over Sat and Sun and received 4 offers. Very large amount of local and overseas Chinese buyers in attendance, probably 85%.

Just fyi.
Surprised there is that much interest from overseas Chinese buyers in North Burnaby. My friend who lives in the area said there were several $1 million dollar homes that sat on the market last year ended up selling this year. I guess some of the buyers just couldn't wait any longer.
The proximity to Vancouver and Downtown is a major plus. Not surprised there's interest in that area as opposed to Richmond.
So why hasn't 3939 Parker st hasn't sold yet after a reduction. It's been sitting for quite a while now. I think about 1 year now.
So jimmy said I missed the dip in Richmond last year. And now prices have fallen even more with no balance in sight! The poor old man is just too old and grumpy!

semven
Real Estate Talker

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:33 pm

So why hasn't 3939 Parker st hasn't sold yet after a reduction. It's been sitting for quite a while now. I think about 1 year now.
If you live next door I might know why.....

Warren12
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:35 am

Hehehehe :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HAM
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:43 am

Hehehehe :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That was a terrible attempt to insult me. Come up with a better insult next time Toopy.
So jimmy said I missed the dip in Richmond last year. And now prices have fallen even more with no balance in sight! The poor old man is just too old and grumpy!

Waldo
Real Estate Talker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:51 am

hi Tom,

Can you tell us more about sales at 1321 east 18th ave and 6970 Lanark?
Both Sold way above asking price at 955K and 945K.
They both look pretty run of the mill
Is this typical of market for detached or is there something
about these properties we aren't seeing?

thinktom
Real Estate Talker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:01 am

4240 Parker St had 4 offers, listed at $829k and sold for $858k. I guess some realtors are better than others? :) (Joking. no idea who the realtor is for 3939 Parker)
Last edited by thinktom on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

RaggedyRenter
Real Estate Talker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:05 am

hi Tom,

Come on, drop the pretense already. You knew more about these sales already, you're just trying to get tom to do the dirty work for you.

thinktom
Real Estate Talker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:09 am

hi Tom,

Waldo (like you don't know...), detached is very hot in Knight, Commercial, Fraser and Main.

We listed 844 E. 22nd for $1.549 million (Fraser and 22nd area). 49.5 ft by 122 ft lot. Beautiful reno. Very busy opens, even in that price range. I can report more details later (for those who care).

http://www.realtylink.org/prop_search/D ... l&From=MLS

tapioca
Real Estate Talker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 am

Good news about North Burnaby.

There isn't a lot around in that area. ANd hastings east of Willingdon is improving by the month.

HAM
Real Estate Talker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Good news about North Burnaby.

There isn't a lot around in that area. ANd hastings east of Willingdon is improving by the month.
And 2 Grosvenor Ave can't sell. It's already asking over 10% below peak pricing for this brand new home on Capital Hill.

HAM
Real Estate Talker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:35 am

Last edited by HAM on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tapioca
Real Estate Talker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:16 am

There are always the few homes that sit in NB HAM. I've been following that area for a few years now, and there's always the listing that's overpriced/weird seller/oiltank-who knows what with issues that sits. Even when the market was hotter than now there were some listings that didn't move.

I still see things selling in my area. Definitely taking longer though.

timber2012
Real Estate Talker

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:24 am

I think I predicted $850K on the sale with some upside (saying that it would be hard to push to $900K).

Drove by that house the other day and thought it had very little curb appeal.

Tom - care to share the story behind the sale? Bidding war obviously - how many dropped out immediately? I think you said there were 4 offers but were 2 starting with a 7 (ie disciplined :) )and two others that got into a pissing match? Or did 4 people stay to the end?
George Carlin once said "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”