This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

arkangel31

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Sat May 13, 2017 11:10 am

I actually want prices to go down and sold our house in 2011 in north delta, but this doesn't seem to stop.   Who knows if it ever will.   The sales for this year are still  up 4.8 percent above the 10 year average, so you can't compare them to last year alone.  Last year was an aberration and sales were up over 40 percent versus the ten year average.   

I hope the green's having some power over the liberals will help curb the market, and rising interest rates in the states.  But who know's with the corruption and greed in this city. 

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 12:35 pm

^--- drooling and envy is showing

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 1:00 pm

I actually want prices to go down and sold our house in 2011 in north delta, but this doesn't seem to stop.   Who knows if it ever will.   The sales for this year are still  up 4.8 percent above the 10 year average, so you can't compare them to last year alone.  Last year was an aberration and sales were up over 40 percent versus the ten year average.   

I hope the green's having some power over the liberals will help curb the market, and rising interest rates in the states.  But who know's with the corruption and greed in this city. 
Why did you sell?

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Why did you sell?
the old way is to get an education and work smarter instead of drooling at what others have instead of trying to bring them down to your level

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Makes sense. You're not alone.
There's over 50% of the population hoping for a correction. 50% are renters. Plus those who sold. Plus those who hope to upgrade.  :!:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 2:18 pm

Irrelevant - plonk

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 2:19 pm

3405 Clark Drive
2268sqft detached built 1910
2640sqft RT-10 lot
Ask $1,389,000
Sell $1,711,000 on 3-May after 15 days
Once in a lifetime! 1910 renovated character home located in prime Cedar Cottage area, this part of Clark Drive is NOT A BUSY STREET, RT-10. 2268 sq ft of living space, 3 levels, 3 bedrooms up & a 2 bedroom legal suite down. Exceptional floor plan that is spacious & well thought out. French doors off living room, dining room & master bedroom overlooking beautifully landscaped gardens with wisteria, pergola, peach trees, flagstone walkways, water feature, drip irrigation, landscape lighting, decks & patios. Bonus 169' crawl space for storage, bike room. See agent for 2007 reno list. House was raised, new foundation & 2 bedroom suite all on permit. High income from suite rental and separate utilities. This home is a MUST SEE!
Spring and summer - we are going to the moon !

arkangel31

Sat May 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Eyes my mom had passed away and it seemed hard for my dad to stay in the same place with the memories.   So we sold in 2011, bid on some subdividable lots in 2012 and 2013.  We lost out on those lots to builders.   We bought back into 2013 and last year sold in may and made a good profit.  We bought a townhouse last april prior to selling our other house and that has gone up about 275,000.  It's not like I haven't profited from the out of wack prices, I just feel it's not best for the overall well being of a community when prices are so out of reach for many here.   I also know some people linked to political groups and the corruption and money given is mind boggling.  It's all to keep the money train going.  

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 8:01 pm

^-- irrelevant - plonk

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 8:01 pm

educated people know that the high prices and especially the empty homes help pay for the increases of city salaries and services especially when not used

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Eyes my mom had passed away and it seemed hard for my dad to stay in the same place with the memories.   So we sold in 2011, bid on some subdividable lots in 2012 and 2013.  We lost out on those lots to builders.   We bought back into 2013 and last year sold in may and made a good profit.  We bought a townhouse last april prior to selling our other house and that has gone up about 275,000.  It's not like I haven't profited from the out of wack prices, I just feel it's not best for the overall well being of a community when prices are so out of reach for many here.   I also know some people linked to political groups and the corruption and money given is mind boggling.  It's all to keep the money train going.  
Yes. makes sense.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 9:14 pm

^-- irrelevant - plonk

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 9:15 pm

this time its different. its a new normal. we're going to the moon!

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 13, 2017 9:50 pm

I agree that these high prices are not healthy - but I disagree with those that think the status quo will magically bring about a change.
For housing types, there are detached and condo, and not much in between. Anything that you can raise a family in costs a fortune because deveolopers just arent building them.

1. Rezone any lot 5000sqft and above to RT, multi-family
2. Only approve a development that has 30% of the units as 3 bedrrom 1200sqft
3. Each condo tower should devote a fllor to seniors housing rental. The strata to be responsible for their support
Etc etc.

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 14, 2017 8:13 am

Realtors must love you, not to mention all of the PTT you've paid to the government.
I think you got the idea, it is all about keeping the money train going. Not even specific to Vancouver real estate but the whole global financial system.  It's all just a house of cards built on debt and borrowed time.
National debt, debt in general is never meant be paid off. It's just a cycle of printing money and paying out interest.
I've been advocating since day one, a property is the best way to hedge against fluctuation in the market. Buy something you can afford, maybe its a used smaller condo further east. If you own it you can fight off soaring markets. Who is to say money isn't being devalued faster then anticipated and homes aren't really going up that much in value.
Housing in Vancouver is probably a sham, but who has 10+ years of their lives to wait it out. The bears might be right in 2030 but no amount of money can buy lost time of your life back.