This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:03 pm

Sob Sob. I shed tears for dear ETB. But, I've also shed tears for the pensioners evicted and now live in flea infested digs.
Ultimately, it's about our (your kids). Will they get squeezed out, or will they have the same chances as we (you) did.  :?:
In case some new readers are out there, I need to re-emphasize that Jimtan is a moron, his posts should be ignored.
I've also shed tears for the pensioners evicted and now live in flea infested digs.
Who's fault is that? a pensioner who is 65 right now, what were they doing for the last 45 years? Before the mass immigration and the huge spike in housing prices. What happened to all of the money they saved while renting? why did they not buy a house? Are you going to blame rich mainland Chinese 30 years ago? Or sky high real estate prices? whats the excuse? If anything pensioners should have won the jackpot. If they bought anything before the 80's when it was affordable. They would be retiring as millionaires. Probably ReallyReal's dad and your dad Jimtam gave those pensioners who are getting evicted fucked up advice and told them rent, its a bubble 40 years ago. If they bought a house they would not be in this situation.
Ultimately, it's about our (your kids). Will they get squeezed out, or will they have the same chances as we (you) did.
ETB is a home owner, he can down size if needed to help his kids buy. He has 1+ million in equity. He has options, re finance, sell ect ect. He has options. The only kids getting priced out is your kids Jimtan and Reallreals. Those of you bears who are to cheap and scared. Buying a house now insures the survival of your kids in the future. If the market goes down, then your kids can buy there own place. If it goes up you can sell. As for you two bumb buddies. you guys are fucked.
As Reallyreal likes to point out, us home owners should not act like skill had anything to do with our success. To a certain degree that's objective. Maybe timing of the market, job, financial stability  had something to do with it. But what I can say 100% certain is the bears had 100% fault for the fuck up of not buying years ago. There is no one to blame but them selves. Bears can blame there own hubris

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:27 pm

I must be doing something right if the trolls have to defend themselves.

In Vancouver, an ethical investor faces a dilemma. Should I invest in homes, and contribute to the squeeze. This is not a contest in financial markets between professionals. This is about ordinary people!

Some of us take a pass. No, I won't buy investment properties. I'll just make do with a small apartment. Have a small footprint.

Others will pay as much as they can. Hoard, squeeze, death to the weak. They'll wink at each other. Boast of the fortune they have/will make. "Next year... that Mercedes/Bentley/Ferrari" they tell each other.

Yes, it's a tale of two cities.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:28 pm

the trolls 
what you say is what you are

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Sob Sob. I shed tears for dear ETB. But, I've also shed tears for the pensioners evicted and now live in flea infested digs.
Ultimately, it's about our (your kids). Will they get squeezed out, or will they have the same chances as we (you) did.  :?:
In case some new readers are out there, I need to re-emphasize that Jimtan is a moron, his posts should be ignored.
I've also shed tears for the pensioners evicted and now live in flea infested digs.
Who's fault is that? a pensioner who is 65 right now, what were they doing for the last 45 years? Before the mass immigration and the huge spike in housing prices. What happened to all of the money they saved while renting? why did they not buy a house? Are you going to blame rich mainland Chinese 30 years ago? Or sky high real estate prices? whats the excuse? If anything pensioners should have won the jackpot. If they bought anything before the 80's when it was affordable. They would be retiring as millionaires. Probably ReallyReal's dad and your dad Jimtam gave those pensioners who are getting evicted fucked up advice and told them rent, its a bubble 40 years ago. If they bought a house they would not be in this situation.
Ultimately, it's about our (your kids). Will they get squeezed out, or will they have the same chances as we (you) did.
ETB is a home owner, he can down size if needed to help his kids buy. He has 1+ million in equity. He has options, re finance, sell ect ect. He has options. The only kids getting priced out is your kids Jimtan and Reallreals. Those of you bears who are to cheap and scared. Buying a house now insures the survival of your kids in the future. If the market goes down, then your kids can buy there own place. If it goes up you can sell. As for you two bumb buddies. you guys are fucked.
As Reallyreal likes to point out, us home owners should not act like skill had anything to do with our success. To a certain degree that's objective. Maybe timing of the market, job, financial stability  had something to do with it. But what I can say 100% certain is the bears had 100% fault for the fuck up of not buying years ago. There is no one to blame but them selves. Bears can blame there own hubris

^--- Thats basically the proverbial hit it on, nail onthe head etc.

However, other unnamed noobs basically spouse the drool/envy philosophy. instead of bettering oneself through improvement, bring others down to your level.  

People are not entitled to live in a Dirt Cheap house in the best locations.

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:44 pm

In Vancouver, an ethical investor faces a dilemma. Should I invest in homes, and contribute to the squeeze. This is not a contest in financial markets between professionals. This is about ordinary people!

Some of us take a pass. No, I won't buy investment properties. I'll just make do with a small apartment. Have a small footprint.

Others will pay as much as they can. Hoard, squeeze, death to the weak. They'll wink at each other. Boast of the fortune they have/will make. "Next year... that Mercedes/Bentley/Ferrari" they tell each other.

Finally capitulation on your bullshit charts and crash stories and sucking Steve Saretsky dick . Now your song has changed to its about moral and ethical dilemma. If that's what you truly believe I have nothing to say about that. My kids will rent to your kids in the future, don't worry.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Finally capitulation on your bullshit charts and crash stories and sucking Steve Saretsky dick . Now your song has changed to its about moral and ethical dilemma. If that's what you truly believe I have nothing to say about that. My kids will rent to your kids in the future, don't worry.
I can smell an 'investor' from a mile away. There are different solutions to the problem. Your kids would be better off if the market gave back 30% and cruised for the next 10 years.
A tale of two cities.  :!:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Maybe he's in a domestic partnership with.... nevermind

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:07 pm

laughter at the kids should have a Cheap House 

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:33 pm

I can smell an 'investor' from a mile away. There are different solutions to the problem. Your kids would be better off if the market gave back 30% and cruised for the next 10 years.
I wouldnt mind that, but dipshits will still complain. Sadly it wont happen because the Chinese are economically evicting caucasian from Vancouver

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:54 pm

I wouldnt mind that, but dipshits will still complain. Sadly it wont happen because the Chinese are economically evicting caucasian from Vancouver
2011 census / http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recen ... CMA&GC=933

Cantonese           133,405       5.8%
Chinese, n.o.s.    115,635        5.0%
Mandarin             92,420         4.0%
All Chinese combined is only 15% of the total population of Vancouver. Cantonese mostly came here before the handover of Hong Kong from GB. Chinese n.o.s include ethnics from Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia ect ect mostly late 60's-70's during Pierre Trudeau days. Even Mandarin is sub divided into Taiwan / Main-land China. There was a huge surge of Taiwanese in 2000's.
So actual mainland China I would have to guess less then 2% and in the 40,000 range. The idea that Mainland Chinese are flooding into Vancouver is blown way out of proportion.
But out of those 15% 99% of them own something, you don't see many Chinese renters.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:59 pm

I have confidence that Canadians will work out a COLLECTIVE solution. It's better to start early rather then too late.
We're not Americans who would fuck each other for the last can of beans. Remember Tommy Douglas. 

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 pm

I have confidence that Canadians will work out a COLLECTIVE solution. It's better to start early rather then too late.
We're not Americans who would fuck each other for the last can of beans. Remember Tommy Douglas. 
I have part of the solution jimtan. But do you think the city has the balls to rezone the entire city?
It'll take a bold approach which city hall doesn't have much of a track record of.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:08 pm

I have part of the solution jimtan. But do you think the city has the balls to rezone the entire city?
It'll take a bold approach which city hall doesn't have much of a track record of.
Hope for the best. Plan for the worst. 

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:03 am

All Chinese combined is only 15% of the total population of Vancouver. Cantonese mostly came here before the handover of Hong Kong from GB. Chinese n.o.s include ethnics from Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia ect ect mostly late 60's-70's during Pierre Trudeau days. Even Mandarin is sub divided into Taiwan / Main-land China. There was a huge surge of Taiwanese in 2000's.
So actual mainland China I would have to guess less then 2% and in the 40,000 range. The idea that Mainland Chinese are flooding into Vancouver is blown way out of proportion.
But out of those 15% 99% of them own something, you don't see many Chinese renters.

hahahahahaah - do you base your 99% of Chinese own on anything but your wishful thinking? Does it give you a warm and fuzzy feeling thinking that Chinese own because you are one?

I didnt catch that number in the census - care to provide a link? Impossible because you prefer #alternativefacts.

LOL

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:47 am

You can't be more correct than that. The other he/she/it is a total noob who could win a Nobel prize for "stupidity"  Anyone who actually lives in Vancouver knows that there are few groups who dislike renting above all other things