This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

RiskArb
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Re: RE Anecdotes - Post them here!

Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:11 am

I caught up with a former colleague from the investment banking world. A Chinese property tycoon just gave him US$1.5bn to manage and asked him to buy large natural resource projects of strategic interest to China. And the tycoon threw in a building he owns in Hong Kong as well for my friend to work out of with his team. In the past 4 months, they've blown through about $600mm, mostly in Central Asia.... and the tycoon is planning to hand them another billion or two this year.

Oh, and the tycoon is also looking to relocate to Canada.

F*ck me.

eyesthebye
Real Estate Talker

Re: RE Anecdotes - Post them here!

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:41 am

I caught up with a former colleague from the investment banking world. A Chinese property tycoon just gave him US$1.5bn to manage and asked him to buy large natural resource projects of strategic interest to China. And the tycoon threw in a building he owns in Hong Kong as well for my friend to work out of with his team. In the past 4 months, they've blown through about $600mm, mostly in Central Asia.... and the tycoon is planning to hand them another billion or two this year.

Oh, and the tycoon is also looking to relocate to Canada.

F*ck me.
let me guess, Vancouver?
the cure for higher prices is moving to a destination with lower prices