This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Re: Are interest rates finally going to rise?

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:10 am

ETB is right, no one is buying million dollar homes on wages. Its wealth from parents or some sort of inheritance.
Or from buyers who sold and are using that equity to move up the property ladder. I think this is the bulk of sales on detached properties 1M plus.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:49 am

ETB is right, no one is buying million dollar homes on wages. Its wealth from parents or some sort of inheritance.
Or from buyers who sold and are using that equity to move up the property ladder. I think this is the bulk of sales on detached properties 1M plus.
not to mention tax free gains if it was their own place

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:17 am

So I guess nobody should worry if there a spike in rates.... great news!!!! Let's do it!!!

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:23 am

So I guess nobody should worry if there a spike in rates.... great news!!!! Let's do it!!!

It will hurt first time home buyers, young families who scraped by to get into their first condo. Families that borrowed their own down payment from Christy Clark.

It will also idiots like Jimtan, just because hes a idiot.

Interest rate hike wont have the desired effect of cooling off hot money like people think. It will just wind up screwing up the vunlerable.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:50 am

It will hurt first time home buyers, young families who scraped by to get into their first condo. Families that borrowed their own down payment from Christy Clark.

Interest rate hike wont have the desired effect of cooling off hot money like people think. It will just wind up screwing up the vunlerable.
Let all the vulnerable people hurt - anybody that had to scrape by doesn't deserve a home or credit.

I am certain every recent buyer in Vancouver would have no issue paying a mortgage after a 1% hike - LOL

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:29 am

I think BOC will try it. It will fail.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:34 pm

If our economy can't handle interest rates at 2.5% (nevermind 4% or 5% which is more in line with historical norms), then our economy and housing market is a house of cards anyways. 

Better to tear it down and start over.

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:59 pm

I think that jimtan is just hoping someone other than him gets screwed. Typical ego-centric thinking.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:44 pm

So I guess nobody should worry if there a spike in rates.... great news!!!!  Let's do it!!!

I think that jimtan is just hoping someone other than him gets screwed. Typical ego-centric thinking.
It doesn't help if you get shrill and hysterical. I'm cash rich. I welcome a rise in interest rates. Let it come. Let it come.
Anyway, more than half of Vancouver residents would welcome a big dump in RE prices. As I've pointed out, half of residents are renters. Let it come. Let it come.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:46 pm

Only the envious droolers want a drop

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:46 pm

Let all the vulnerable people hurt - anybody that had to scrape by doesn't deserve a home or credit.

I am certain every recent buyer in Vancouver would have no issue paying a mortgage after a 1% hike - LOL
+1. You' said it . Everyone wouldn't worry about a small increase

2000sqft
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:07 pm

+1. You' said it . Everyone wouldn't worry about a small increase
gotta agree here...1% interest rate increase wouldnt affect most people really
To the moon and beyond!...at $2000 per sq ft

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:06 am

Anyway, more than half of Vancouver residents would welcome a big dump in RE prices. As I've pointed out, half of residents are renters.
Half of Vancouverites are have-nots. This is a sellers market for the past 16 years except for a 6 month period in late 2008 early 2009. I dont see the conditions that created a buyers market repeating. Going to be sellers market here for as far as the eyes can see.
You should be praying for an earthquake.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:11 am

RBC Canada has a 25 year mortgage for people that think interest rates 'have to' rise.

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:13 am

As you all know, asset values have been over-inflated because of zero (or negative) real interest rates. And, $14T worth of quantitative easing.
It doesn't help if you get shrill and hysterical. I'm cash rich. I welcome a rise in interest rates. Let it come.
This is how stupid Jimtan is, in original post he identifies that quantitative easing was the tune of 14 trillion.

Then his next post brags about how he is cash rich. I'm not even sure if he understands the principle of devaluation of base currency. Currency and money is two different things. Assets are the best way to hedge against inflation. Last time I checked you cant print more Vancouver homes.

Assets will move and keep up with inflation according to how much currency is out there. 4 apples will always be 4 apples, 4 dollars vs 400 dollars, there can only be 4 apples.

So Jimtan you idiot, not only did you lose out on RE gains your worthless cash is worth even less now. Good job, atleast you have a Hyundai E550