This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

JasonBugra
Real Estate Talker

Re: Thoughts From My 1st Visit to China (Fuzhou)

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:44 am

Hi Tom, you are probably witnessing a biggest human population movement in history: Chinese government let billion of farmers move into cities, to free mussel and land for new technologies. As I read, it is just the beginning, the program is for 10 years from now.

You are right about Fuzhou, a city in China like Windsor in Canada. :wink:

That is the first time I have ever heard of this new plan.. Are you for real?

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:18 am

the thing about a millenial leaving warrants a large size lol. its not like there is a shortage of people in Metro Vancouver

westcoastfella
Real Estate Talker

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:16 am

the thing about a millenial leaving warrants a large size lol. its not like there is a shortage of people in Metro Vancouver
You can't base a municipal economy on sushi restaurants, coffee shops, and old people. The numbers are low now, so its not too alarming, but if it picks up steam... you're gutting the future economic engine for Vancouver. It would be alarming.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:22 am

If there was a lack of people then wages would rise

Demonizer
Real Estate Talker

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:33 am

If Vancouver continues on this trend of sky high prices, I think people's expectations will adjust accordingly OR continue to wait
OR they will leave. They've apparently already started: http://business.financialpost.com/perso ... ch-economy

oh well. if they feel they need to move out of province then let them. but kelowna, victoria, squamish etc is fine.

parts of surrey, langley, abbotsford, maple ridge, chilliwack isn't that bad and it's only within .75-1.5 hours away from Vancouver

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:45 am

If Vancouver continues on this trend of sky high prices, I think people's expectations will adjust accordingly OR continue to wait
OR they will leave. They've apparently already started: http://business.financialpost.com/perso ... ch-economy

oh well. if they feel they need to move out of province then let them. but kelowna, victoria, squamish etc is fine.

parts of surrey, langley, abbotsford, maple ridge, chilliwack isn't that bad and it's only within .75-1.5 hours away from Vancouver

:lol:

You guys are sowing the seeds of this cities demise.

Its so twisted to watch as many cheer on.

westcoastfella
Real Estate Talker

Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:09 am

If there was a lack of people then wages would rise
wages rise, to a point. once you hit that point, you outsource to lower cost jurisdictions. that point is different for different companies, but everyone hits it. personally, i don't put a lot of effort into hiring locally anymore.

Demonizer
Real Estate Talker

Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:47 am

it's been happening a while now. bigger businesses and industries are moving out of Vancouver into the burbs. things like fab shops and other industries.

it is too bad if tech people want to stay in van but want a house. i guess they can only live in a condo or move out of vancouver? there is tech in burnaby so maybe that is more suitable.

Vancouver will be like Whistler, a resort with food/service/tourism/services/furnishings for tourists and the rich and those lucky enough to already have property.

They need luxury cars, restaurants, grocers, shopping, alcohol, good coffee etc.

this is what Vancouver will become. A place to visit for fun and only the rich can live there or ones that have a home or inherited one.

regular joe workers will be in Langley, Delta, Abbotsford and head into the city for a night on the town for dining/entertainment have a good time at a concert/sport event or sight see around stanley park or the beaches. It's pretty common and most people are used to this anyways.

people have been coming into town for that for years.
Last edited by Demonizer on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:18 am

So some people who want a big house move to the Fraser Valley. Nothing wrong with that.

Demonizer
Real Estate Talker

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:19 pm

^^better than moving to ontario or calgary or something anywhere in between.

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:10 am

Opposite, I live in Vancouver but work in Langley. My co-worker bought a new SFH out in Clayton heights, border Langley in 2012, trying to sell now and tells me it's $750-$800 range now. Cookie cutter new development, 30' front no back yard. 2,000 Sqft, if that's true Langley is not so affordable anymore.

Broadway tech centre is a new development. Lots of big companies there on Broadway and Renfrew. I suppose they need to start building high rises around there similar to north Burnaby / still creek Brentwood style

Demonizer
Real Estate Talker

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:54 am

^ your commute is better going east instead of west for sure.

unless your job in Langley paid a lot, if i were you i'd try to find a job in vancouver

some would even cash out in vancouver and buy a mansion in Langley :lol: