This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Re: Competition keeps home sellers in the Driver Seat

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Lol.
There are no Russian buyers, the stats don't show it.
Where have we heard that before?
Head back in the sand

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:22 pm

Lol.
There are no Russian buyers, the stats don't show it.
Where have we heard that before?
Head back in the sand
I didn't say there are "no Russian buyers" here, I was just letting you know that Canada is not amongst their top 30 choices of countries for buying real estate.

I didn't say there are no Fijians, Hungarians or Turks here either, but you might be out of luck if you are expecting those groups or even the Russians to keep the insanity going. Vancouver is barely on their radar and I can assure you that Russian oligarchs will not be looking for old houses on the East side. :lol:

BTW, I did ask you for your source of information regarding the wealthy crowds of Russians currently scooping up our real estate, but as expected no such source was provided, just unsubstantiated claims and more bluster.
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:26 pm

not to worry geyser - ETB is pretty confident that immigration drives prices.... I am not sure why the REBGV isn't sponsoring more refugees to prop up the multi-million dollar valuations were currently see.
I heard a rumour that a lot of wealthy buyers from Somalia are headed this way! :lol:
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.