This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

thinktom
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Happy New Year to my friends (& haters lol) on RET!

Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:19 pm

I'm currently In Panama, just left CR, and thought I'd check in and wish you folks a happy new year.

My family and I have decided to take a year off and do the following. Please check out the website.

http://WWW.AroundTheWorldIn80Anthems.com. So far my 11 yr old daughter has sang in 16 countries and raised at least $20-$25k. Could be lots more, we don't know worldwide totals. She has sung with hundreds and hundreds of children so far and we still have 64 countries to go.

I'll certainly have a better perspective of worldwide real estate after this. I can tell you this much after 16 countries. Real estate is moving briskly in many places and China is buying up lots of it worldwide, not just Vancouver. :wink:

I hope 2016 brings everyone on RET health, happiness and prosperity for you and your families. See you in Sept. 2016.

Tom
PS-Thx to Semven for his awesome support!

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Re: Happy New Year to my friends (& haters lol) on RET!

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:12 am

Congratulations Tom, and a Happy New Year.

Its amazing you are able to do this for your kids, and yourself.

Proof in the pudding folks - more to life than a $1,000,000+ mortgage in East Van!

Enjoy the rest of the trip.

All the best for 2016 to all.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:44 pm

That's fantastic, well done! :D

Happy New Year to you and yours.
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

Dragonslayer
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:51 pm

Happy New Year...

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:21 am

Some people don't like stability

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:06 pm

not sure that anybody cares - lol

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi Tom, great to hear!
Happy New Year to you, hope you have another fabulous year! :mrgreen:
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

thinktom
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:01 am

Hey Reallyreal,

I just wanted to give you a heads up. Just don't bother, whatever you're yapping about. I happily blocked you back when East side lots were $500k. I bet ya' didn't buy one when you had the chance, did ya'? :wink:

Love,

Tom

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:20 am

Thinktom pretends he doesnt care but it kills him that he never became more famous than a middling realtor in Vancouver.

Good luck!!!

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:15 am

Thinktom pretends he doesnt care but it kills him that he never became more famous than a middling realtor in Vancouver.

Good luck!!!

Hes traveling the world with his family - you're whining from behind your computer.

What does that say about you?

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:00 pm

Good luck!!!

Hes traveling the world with his family - you're whining from behind your computer.

What does that say about you?
Sorry - where am I whining?

Let him travel all he wants. Who cares? I don't.

thinktom
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:44 pm

http://www.aroundtheworldin80anthems.com/new-index/

Thanks for the backup Rofina! :wink: Hey RR, check out our global media link. I think we're doing ok. :D 54 countries to go, too! You can also donate to SOS Children's Villages (fully tax deductable) on the front page. We are currently in South Korea. People abandon their children in 'baby boxes' here. :cry: SOS is an amazing charity.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:15 pm

I may have shifted from the bull camp to the bear camp in recent years but that doesn't stop me from admiring what Tom is doing. Spending a year going around the world is a terrific experience for him and his family and he's supporting a worthwhile charity too. That suggests to me he's financially successful and almost certainly a lot more successful than most posters on this forum.

Well done Tom, you appear to be a good guy and deserving of our respect - even if some of us might disagree about the current market. :D
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:49 pm

That is one of way of looking at it.

I see a set of parents who had aspirations of becoming famous and never made it. So who knows what their motivation might be for going on this trip. maybe keeps them in the spotlight in their own eyes.

thinktom
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:20 am

Thx Geyser. Right back at ya'. Agreeing to disagree is such an important sign of respect and I know we share that.

As for 'haters' like ReallyReal, social media has clearly proven that remaining anonymous allows cowards and unhappy people to focus on anything, rather than their own sad reality. Looking in the mirror at wasted potential is a pain some can't
do, right RR? Keep it coming my man. You bring honour to PoundCruncher, Freako, and the fine hater warriors that came before you. :wink:

As for me, this is a bucket list if there ever was one with a great way to raise money for SOS. If I get diagnosed with liver cancer... Etc.. after this trip, I'll know I got to see a great deal of this planet. My dad died at 64.

I hope 2016 is going well for everyone.