This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

leftside
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Eastside Townhouse sold for over 1 million

Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:28 pm

An Eastside townhouse sold for over 1 million recently. 1500 sq ft, really nice and in a fantastic family orientated complex with lot's of room for kids to play. But, still.... over 1 million. Blows my mind.

I honestly thought prices had peaked 2.5 years ago. But I've seen 30% gains in townhouses/duplexes in certain areas since then.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Re: Eastside Townhouse sold for over 1 million

Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:57 pm

No surprise. Condo and TH in good locations and great shape are doing well.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:42 am

looking good people!

DAB
Real Estate Talker

Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:04 pm

When houses are in the 1.5- 2 million range. 1 million is not a lot.

scoobydoo
Real Estate Talker

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:42 pm

1 million is not a lot
Is that you Donald?

vanreal
Real Estate Talker

Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:27 am

Where in the east side was it located. I know that half duplexes near me are going for 1 mill but a townhouse seems nuts

westar99
Real Estate Talker

Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:25 pm

What do people here think about those new townhouse developments springing up around South Vancouver/Marpole?

I'm talking about places like the Churchill, Winona park around W. 63rd & Cambie area and the new ones around Oak and Park?

The units tend to go for about $1.1 million or so.

Would they be an OK purchase?

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:54 pm

What do people here think about those new townhouse developments springing up around South Vancouver/Marpole?

I'm talking about places like the Churchill, Winona park around W. 63rd & Cambie area and the new ones around Oak and Park?

Looks nice. Most of them are smart looking with full features. But, don't expect a swimming or a gym. The Cambie developments are on high ground. You never know! :mrgreen:

VanBullBear
Real Estate Talker

Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:04 am

westar99, I grew up in that area. I went to Churchill for my highschool and Winona parks was one of my go-tos for going on dates haha.
The side walk have cherry blossoms and they look gorgeous around fall.
Laurier annex is a good elementary school and Churchill is an even better highschool.
The neghborhood is chinese dominated, I think it was more than 80% chinese during my highschool. Not to say there is anything wrong with that, I find the canadianized chinese to be quite pleasant.
Langara college/ golf course is just walking distance as well as oakridge.

It is one of the best areas in Vancouver, in fact It's a location where I have always wanted to purchase but the price tag is out of my league.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:37 pm

I lived inear Oakridge Mall many years ago and it was a nice neighbourhood. It's a bit too quiet for my tastes today but the mall is nice and (I believe) is soon to be extensively redeveloped. It's also conveniently located on the Skytrain line. Overall I think it's probably still a good place to live.

Good luck with your choice.
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:42 pm

westar99, I grew up in that area. I went to Churchill for my highschool and Winona parks was one of my go-tos for going on dates haha.
Laurier annex is a good elementary school and Churchill is an even better highschool.
The neghborhood is chinese dominated, I think it was more than 80% chinese during my highschool. Not to say there is anything wrong with that, I find the canadianized chinese to be quite pleasant.

It is one of the best areas in Vancouver, in fact It's a location where I have always wanted to purchase but the price tag is out of my league.
Yes the area around langara station up to King Edward , especially 41st is live and pumping

rMBA13
Real Estate Talker

Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:15 pm

Meh.. Its too boring of a neighborhood in my opinion. Feels like I'm in Beijing everytime I visit Oakridge mall.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Right about that. If high net worth people aren't your cup of tea, then the Oakridge area is inappropriate.

westar99
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:07 pm

We really like that area, too. Lots of greenery and open space makes it nice. The proximity to the Canada Line is good, too.

That's why my family and I are looking at a new townhouse in that part of town. We can't afford the $2,500,000 needed for a home in that area and don't wish to pay $1.2 million for an old wreck of a house in a sketchy part of East Van.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:21 am

1.5 will get you a brand new place in east van