This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

Austin
Real Estate Talker

Re: TREB vs Competition Bureau on Real Estate Data (sold pri

Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:59 pm

Which is even worse, Silverman. You don't even get the benefit of those barriers, rather it's the industry as a whole which has put up barriers. As realtors, you shouldn't even care.

Anyways, we both know your stats are a misdirection. The lionshare of commissions go to some crazy top % of realtors.
Redistribute consumption, not income.

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:03 pm

1word. Negotiations. Why do the haters always leave this out.

Case in point, just did a deal before we left. The homeowner, a great guy, tells me he has vast experience negotiating. He tells me he can out negotiate any realtor. Fine. We move on.

The day of offers comes. We get 4. I ask him what he wants to do. He says counter the best one and do the deal. He is also getting noticeably stressed out. He has forgotten the emotions involved in ones own home.

I show him 3 different angles that are better. He receives hundreds of thousands of dollars over ask and is thrilled beyond words. His wife laughs, elbows him, and he apologizes for 'knowing everything'.

I get why people think Realtors dont deserve the paycheck but my suggestion is lose the ego and win. If my stockbroker charged me $25k but brought me $300k I'd kiss his feet. It wouldnt matter to me if it took him 1 day or 2 months either.

Dont pay the commish to just anyone. Do your research and hire the right professional. Happy new year all.
LOL - don't you mean "professsional".

oli
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Which is even worse, Silverman. You don't even get the benefit of those barriers, rather it's the industry as a whole which has put up barriers. As realtors, you shouldn't even care.
The barriers put up by the industry benefits individual realtors.

Austin
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:20 pm

Yeah maybe. I think t his is more of a structural issue though rather than an individual issue.

oli
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:19 pm

Yeah maybe. I think t his is more of a structural issue though rather than an individual issue.
Actually I'm curious Austin, so you DON'T think commissions are too expensive but the service needs to improve and data needs to be opened up... why?

If you're ok with the current going rates (of course with no price fixing) then why do you care about seeing the data and how can the quality of service improve??

Austin
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:03 pm

I think people should be getting more service for their money. Virtual walkthroughs, detailed analysis on residential areas, more comp data that is easily accessible. better search engines. Certainly, fisbos should show up as well. I hate that I will pay full buyer commission to a realtor and they won't show fisbos unless you force them to. Even then, you don't know if you are getting a fair analysis.

At the end of the day though, the commission isn't that high especially on these million dollar houses. It's just the service can really really suck.