This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

tapioca
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Rofina

Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:08 am

older bungalow has just come on the market - 2 blocks from confed park, views, on eton. contact eddie yan Sutton realty. good luck! (don't know what it's on for) hasn't hit MLS yet

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Re: Rofina

Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:23 am

I think it's $1.288 Million :shock:

Its a 66 x 122 lot, that's why.

Spectacular water & mountain views! This immaculate 6-bedroom, 3-bath family home sits on a nice 66x122 lot overlooking Burrard Inlets, NS mountains & Downtown Van. This home features beautifully refinished inlaid HW floors, dble glazed windows, extra large living room, spacious newer kitchen, huge sundeck, good-sized bedrooms, a huge 3-bedrm plus den basement suite ideal for in-laws or as a mortgage helper. Double carport with lane access plus large driveway & plenty of room for RV, trailer or boat parking. Quiet & desirable neighborhood with lots of newer homes. Close to Eileen Dailly Pool & Rec Centre, parks, trails, & is only a few minutes from all the shops & restaurants in the Heights. Open house Apr 12 Sunday @ 2-5pm.
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:53 pm

I had friends living close to that area. The views of the inlet from their almost "clifftop" home were mind blowing!!! Stunningly beautiful!
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

tapioca
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:55 pm

1.288. dang.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:07 am

C'mon people! What's the matter with you?

There are decent properties out there. Here's a shack in Marpole for just $849k.

http://www.realtylink.org/prop_search/D ... &SCTP=OPEN

A NEWISH TOWNHOUSE IN Fairview.

http://www.realtylink.org/prop_search/D ... &SCTP=OPEN

That said, I am astonished at the lack of open houses in the $800k-$1m range in the downtown/Yaletown/Kits/West End areas. OMG!!!!
Attachments
depositphotos_31001991-Wealth---Earn-Money-Concept---Business-Cartoons-Vectors.jpg
depositphotos_31001991-Wealth---Earn-Money-Concept---Business-Cartoons-Vectors.jpg (36.59 KiB) Viewed 5455 times

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:48 am

8570 Fremlin???? :shock:
1/2 duplex???? :shock:

James, you can't be serious???? This looks sad, very sad, very sad indeed....
Well firstly, I know what Geyser would say... too many poor people in that area and all those ethnics, Chinese, East Indian, Filipino....fawk..... that's just not acceptable. (according to Geyser...or should we call him, the Last of the Great White Geys). :D
Secondly, it's a half of a duplex! :shock: It's better than a compartment but Rofina wants all the benefits of a house.

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:34 pm

Thanks for keeping an eye out Tapioca!

We are sitting out - again.

For one I hope that things cool off in the fall, with more listings and less competition.
Second, a job change for my partner means 3 months of probation.

Pick it up again in the fall, if thats a no go - not sure what then.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Sitting out is a good idea.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:17 am

Whippy,

You know that I am always serious, unlike some clowns who think that they are funny! :mrgreen:

Anyway, this is all there is between $800k and $1m. Half a house is better than none? :roll:

Tree lined street. Your own patch of green. Take it or leave it. My experience tells me that what matters is Location, Location, Location.

Hope that Rofina will check back in autumn. Meanwhile, adios amiga! 8)
Attachments
Clown.jpg
Clown.jpg (33.56 KiB) Viewed 5323 times

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:41 am

Half a house is better than none?
...that's like saying a kick in the balls is better than a poke in the eye.
I will pass on both thanks. :lol:

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:26 am

Half a house is better than none?
...that's like saying a kick in the balls is better than a poke in the eye.
I will pass on both thanks. :lol:
:roll:

What a strange analogy! I guess you know best about poke in the eye and kicks in the groin? :mrgreen:

Anyway, this is a RE forum. Let's stay on track! :!:
Attachments
Clown.jpg
Clown.jpg (33.56 KiB) Viewed 5255 times

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:41 am

I was staying on track.
I am telling you that those choices aren't very palatable, just like the aforementioned analogy choices.
I would pass
pass
pass
pass..... then I would.... move to Vancouver Island! :D

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:48 pm

8570 Fremlin???? :shock:
1/2 duplex???? :shock:

Well firstly, I know what Geyser would say... too many poor people in that area and all those ethnics, Chinese, East Indian, Filipino....fawk..... that's just not acceptable. (according to Geyser...or should we call him, the Last of the Great White Geys). :D
Secondly, it's a half of a duplex! :shock: It's better than a compartment but Rofina wants all the benefits of a house.
WTF???

If you know anything at all about me it's my irritation at dumb racist comments and the kind of slack-jawed, knuckle-dragging, mouth breathers that make them. My own family is racially diverse and, as I said, they are "my own family" and they are all very important to me.

It's the knuckle draggers that I don't like and, unfortunately, they are usually overepresented in areas of poverty. That does not mean I automatically like or dislike poor people, it's the overepresented jerks in their midst who I don't like. Even when those jerks deal enough drugs or steal enough money to move into nice neighbourhoods, I still dislike them.

FWIW, some of the very best poor people I have ever interacted with we're living in appalling conditions in the third world, but they were kind, friendly and, despite their grinding poverty, they wanted to share what little they had.

Really Whippy, I thought you knew me better.

End of rant. :(
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:39 pm

I like a half duplex - the back half. But not in Marpole.
Maybe one in Commercial Drive area or city hall would be a better choice for the money

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:09 pm

Jimtan wrote:
Anyway, this is a RE forum. Let's stay on track!
Yeah, no kidding. now lets see some more of your climate change charts Jimmy. :roll:

Pot meet kettle.