This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

outsider2k10
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

What is the deal with metrotown station square?

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:55 pm

I wonder what is the deal with metrotown station square. I remember I receive several email update last summer on phase 2+3 and last on there was a email claim both tower had sold out.

However up to this day the presentation center remain open with agent working inside and Today Feb 17 I received email regarding Chinese new year bonus draw promotion (discount toward to home purchases.) and there are great selection of homes remaining.

Did them really sold out? or "sold out " was just marketing gimmick to make people make purchase decision and perhaps there are some one back off of pre-sale?

My family went there during pre-sale, but we aren't considering it until lase phase. We can't image to live in there with all the construction going on near by. (My current condo is located on hazel street and we can hear all the construction cross the street.) It is also going to be interest to see how strong/weak is the strata, because it appears you are free to do stuff that most condos have restrictions on such as pet and rent (At least that is what sale agent told my mom's friend.)

red_lantern
Real Estate Talker

Re: What is the deal with metrotown station square?

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:40 am

Your're free to do what you want pretty much in the first year of any new development till the next AGM and once the bylaws etc get passed then the restrictions begin!

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:21 am

Red lantern is right, it will be up to the strata council to change things once enough units are sold. The problem is that any new bylaws will require a 75% "yes" vote to get passed. That can be hard to get, especially with rental and pet restrictions, although existing pets and rentals can be grandfathered.
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

rMBA13
Real Estate Talker

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:07 pm

How do I go about selling my assignment condo unit from a pre-sale?