This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

Would you pay more taxes ...

... to improve the transport infrastructure.
3 (50%)
... or, until hell freezes over.
3 (50%)

Total votes: 6

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Re: Time to get people and cars moving in Vancouver

Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:48 pm

You have met your match. :roll:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:57 am

Lil Jimmy SpankyBum, bow down and smell my feet, naïve!

Breathe deep! :mrgreen:
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:42 am

Never forget. I own you like I own geyser.
:D

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:48 am

:D
Now that was funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are right Jimmy, denial serves you well.
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

outsider2k10
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:07 pm

When are we going to know the voting result?

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:28 pm

... in that case, suck on my big toe too. :lol:

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:47 am

When are we going to know the voting result?
This is British Columbia. We will find out when they manage to fumble their way to the end. :D

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:53 am

The referendum is as good as passed.... now you may bow down and kiss the ugly wart on my big toe, Lil Jimmy WhackyBum! :mrgreen:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:33 pm

:mrgreen:

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:59 pm

What a great weekend for Vancouver. Jazz Festival, FIFA, dragonboat races, the fringe activity at Emery Barnes Park. The best place on earth?

That said, high RE prices isn't necessarily an endorsement of Vancouver. Our RE prices is a reflection of our transport dysfunction. There are consequences.

“Angus Reid Institute poll reveals extent of misery around high housing costs and transportation gridlock

... While 55 percent of respondents stated they were "happy" or "comfortable" based on their housing and transportation situations, another 27 percent described themselves as "uncomfortable" and another 18 percent were "miserable".

Among the miserable, 52 percent are tenants and 42 percent are university educated. Forty-five percent commute to work or school for 45 minutes or longer to work or school.

The happy, which comprised 21 percent of respondents, were largely homeowners (87 percent) and of those, 83 percent had no mortgage. Nearly two-thirds don't commute.

Only nine percent of those describing themselves as happy are seriously thinking of leaving town because of the cost of owning a home. That compared with 54 percent of the uncomfortable and 85 percent of the miserable. Fifty-seven percent of tenants are thinking of moving out of the region for this reason.”

http://www.straight.com/news/474541/ang ... -costs-and

While city hall tries its best...

“... The mayor also spoke broadly about leveraging city-owned land to bring down the costs of housing and increasing density by zoning for more townhouses and three-bedroom condos so families could stay in Vancouver.

He also spoke about a speculation tax, that is, targeting people who buy properties and then flip them for profit — an idea B.C. Premier Christy Clark has already thrown cold water on.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3117998

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:25 am

While city hall tries its best...

“... The mayor also spoke broadly about leveraging city-owned land to bring down the costs of housing and increasing density by zoning for more townhouses and three-bedroom condos so families could stay in Vancouver.

He also spoke about a speculation tax, that is, targeting people who buy properties and then flip them for profit — an idea B.C. Premier Christy Clark has already thrown cold water on.”
City Hall is stupid then.
1)Gregor gonna leverage, or mortgage, city owned land to bring down the costs of housing....????? Bring the cost down for whom? And at whose cost?
2) Speculation tax??? Ridiculous

Beaver, you people who believe this is a solution are first class idjiots, and you don't understand the issues. :mrgreen:

Give us another song and dance about how everyone should leave the critical thinking to you....
We all need another good laugh, Court Jester! :lol:

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:41 am

The results should be in within the next week. Here's a perspective about quality. The difficult part about the demand for quality from Translink is the need for us to demand quality from ourselves! :!:

"Minnesota is 2015's Top State for Business

... Minnesota scores 1,584 out of a possible 2,500 points, ranking in the top half for all but two of our 10 categories of competitiveness. But what may be most instructive are the categories where Minnesota does not do well. Both involve cost. Indeed, the birthplace of Spam, Scotch Tape and the supercomputer marks a new first this year. Never since we began rating the states in 2007 has a high-tax, high-wage, union-friendly state made it to the top of our rankings. But Minnesota does so well in so many other areas—like education and quality of life—that its cost disadvantages fade away.

... To some degree, Minnesota benefits from a trend that we have sought to reflect in our study this year. Rather than just seeking the lowest taxes or the highest incentives, companies are increasingly chasing the largest supply of skilled, qualified workers. So states are touting their workforces like never before, giving the Workforce category—where Minnesota finishes a respectable 13th—greater weight in our study.

But Minnesota doesn't just stumble into the top spot by accident. The state's path to the top is marked by a carefully crafted and still controversial strategy by Gov. Mark Dayton, the first Democrat to hold the office in two decades. The hallmark of his plan is something most governors seeking to win the hearts of business would never dream of: a big tax increase..." :mrgreen:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102759561

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:40 am

Quit grasping at straws and bow down to your master, naïve! :lol:

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:32 pm

I can't respect a person with sub-human intelligence and dubious parentage. Sorry. :!:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:20 am

Yes, but I know more about real estate than you do.
That means, " I am the boss of you!"....hahahahahahaha :lol:

Bow down, varlet! Thy master doth speaketh! :P