This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

Near7
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

What's your opinion on Furry Creek, BC

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:01 am

Hey everyone,
I came across a couple of properties in Furry Creek while browsing ecorealty. Mind you I had no idea it existed before.
It seems to be undervalued considering it's a quiet and peaceful area 20 minutes to West Van and 20 minutes to Squimish .
A 20,000 sqf lot goes for 550K or a decent house around 850K. Lots or houses that big go for over 4X that price in west van or even Squimish
any input is appreciated.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Re: What's your opinion on Furry Creek, BC

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:42 am

Enjoy your retirement! :D

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Hey everyone,
I came across a couple of properties in Furry Creek while browsing ecorealty. Mind you I had no idea it existed before.
It seems to be undervalued considering it's a quiet and peaceful area 20 minutes to West Van and 20 minutes to Squimish .
A 20,000 sqf lot goes for 550K or a decent house around 850K. Lots or houses that big go for over 4X that price in west van or even Squimish
any input is appreciated.
That area is stunningly beautiful but I suspect there might be some traffic nightmares for regular commuters. No doubt in my mind about the positive aspects of living there if you like being out in the country.

West Van might be only 20 minutes away but that drive can become a noticeable disincentive to going out for the evening, if so, much of your free time will likely be spent in and around your home or at the golf club. If that's not a problem for you, it sounds good. Just be sure to check the landslide potential and proximity to the ground shaking railway line. Some of the houses near the track tremble like a jelly when a train goes by.
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

red_lantern
Real Estate Talker

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Beautiful Area, a bit remote, for retirement it's okay though. Nice area but caution of the bears - they will ransack your yards and sheds...lots of them...lots of cats and dogs got eaten alive as owners let them roam the streets in that neck of the woods.

Hopes
Real Estate Talker

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:59 pm

While the lots are nice and big, you have to watch out in regards to servicing. It can be a real nightmare just prepping the land.

futureporscheowner2
Real Estate Talker

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:49 pm

A major Chinese developer is looking into redeveloping Britiana Creek and I would say Fury Creek was ahead of its time by 30 years.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:57 pm

A major Chinese developer is looking into redeveloping Britiana Creek and I would say Fury Creek was ahead of its time by 30 years.
Oops! Not necessarily a good thing. Sometimes, they can try for a bridge too far.

The Squamish waterfront project is still stalled, if I am correct? Too many condo.

billybob

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:54 pm

The Porteau Cove development, 10 minutes closer to Vancouver, has never gotten farther than an exit on the highway. There's still a sign up saying "Porteau Cove welcomes the Olympics". http://www.concordpacific.com/porteau-c ... r-sale.htm. 1100 homes planned, but I think it all stalled out when things went south in 2008.

Near7
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Went out to look at a couple of houses in Furry creek yesterday. Amazing what you can buy for 850K in the area. The way the current market is, the area seems undervalued by at least 30% wonder why the Asian investors haven't discovered it yet. It would be perfect for someone who works on the north shore preferably West Vancouver. A commute of 55 min one way everyday for us is a bit too much though. Fell in love with the area. here's the houses we looked at. After doing some research, it seems that the area hasn't had much growth in equity since 2005.

https://www.ecorealtyinc.ca/bc-real-est ... =261151764

https://www.ecorealtyinc.ca/bc-real-est ... =261321716

Near7
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Completely agree, long term potential is fantastic.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Beautiful homes. Built for display and entertainment. But, how many of your friends will come over???? :shock:

Where's the nearest Starbucks? What about the schools???? :mrgreen:

Lady Luck
Real Estate Talker

Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:39 pm

I'm thinking the charm of no services would wear off. No milk, no school, no sushi 

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:20 am

I'm thinking the charm of no services would wear off. No milk, no school, no sushi 
Personally, I'd love to spend a summer weekend there in a waterfront home, enjoying the company of good friends, eating breakfast and dinner on a nice deck overlooking the water and helping them decimate their collection of fine wine and single malts. But living there 365 days a year? Hmmm .... not so much.
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.