This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

HAM
Real Estate Talker

Re: Are Prices Dropping as Fast as you Predicted/Hoped?

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:11 am

"jimtan"

Your claims about 'everyone' has no credibility. As I have pointed out, your claim that only the bears are left in this forum is false. There is semven, Tom, Mike, Austin, Waldo etc etc etc.
??
I'm not a bear?
Based on what?
If Waldo is a bull, he'd already bought and lost money like jimmy. There's many bears on vci that would love to be here but can't register. Like me, took 3 tries.

Waldo, believe me now on the condo market?
So jimmy said I missed the dip in Richmond last year. And now prices have fallen even more with no balance in sight! The poor old man is just too old and grumpy!

jesse1
Real Estate Talker

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm actually getting a little alarmed at the number of sales I'm seeing over asking price.
I can almost guarantee it is less than last year. Based on sales being 20% lower. I'd be more alarmed sales aren't stronger. Not to put too fine a point on it, but unless sales start increasing, the back half of 2013 is going to be, how do we say, sluggish.
There is no shame in overpaying

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:18 am

I'm actually getting a little alarmed at the number of sales I'm seeing over asking price.
I can almost guarantee it is less than last year. Based on sales being 20% lower. I'd be more alarmed sales aren't stronger. Not to put too fine a point on it, but unless sales start increasing, the back half of 2013 is going to be, how do we say, sluggish.
Ahhh!

Good news indeed. Armaggedon has been postponed to second half.

Perhaps, this helps explain.

"B.C. film industry manages 2.3-per-cent gain in business for 2012

... His comments came after the B.C. Film Commission reported that a $115-million gain in domestic production in B.C. last year — to $324 million — offset an $88-million drop in foreign production — to $892 million.

The B.C. total means the province remains the second-busiest film and television production centre in Canada — about $60 million behind the $1.28 billion spent in Ontario last year.

Anxious B.C. industry officials say production activity fell sharply in late 2012 and continues to remain slow this year. They want the province to boost tax breaks to attract film and television production being lost to other jurisdictions."

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainme ... story.html

HAM
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 am

Great news!!! Sales for March will come in at the lowest in 15 years!! Arent sales supposed to be stronger with a increased population?

Btw, I'll show you something tonight on Richmond. Your cowardly acts you demonstrate here are so predictable. So I predict you'll be shocked and will cowardly stfu!
So jimmy said I missed the dip in Richmond last year. And now prices have fallen even more with no balance in sight! The poor old man is just too old and grumpy!

Jacobi
Real Estate Talker

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:18 pm

Great news!!! Sales for March will come in at the lowest in 15 years!! Arent sales supposed to be stronger with a increased population?
How do we know?, it's only half way through the month. I'd guess -25% for march sales compared to march 2012. We'll know in 2 weeks. I really think march and April numbers will foreshadow what will happen the remainder of the year. If march and april sales numbers are bad, watch out!

Austin
Real Estate Talker

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Give the situation with HST, it's not surprising sales are slow.
Redistribute consumption, not income.

fishguy15
Real Estate Talker

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Give the situation with HST, it's not surprising sales are slow.
I find it interesting that on the buyers' side, the reversion to GST/PST will have little impact on the overall cost of a resale home. The savings will ultimately be a few hundred bucks. Would that actually sway a person's decision to buy?

Austin
Real Estate Talker

Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:38 pm

I don't think it's that simple, but we'll see how April pans out.

If Intrade was around, I'd be willing to bet we see an uptick April/May in terms of activity.

fishguy15
Real Estate Talker

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:40 pm

I don't think it's that simple,
Why not? There isn't a lot of savings from the buyer's perspective. If it were that big of a deal, have the seller eat the few hundred bucks to get a deal done before Apr 1. Mind you, there was a great deal of misconception about the application of the HST in the first place.

Austin
Real Estate Talker

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:49 am

There's a lot of economic activity I think that people are delaying because of the HST and I suspect that could blow over into RE purchases as well. Perception is one, but also some people like to reno when they buy.

HAM
Real Estate Talker

Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:20 am

There's a lot of economic activity I think that people are delaying because of the HST and I suspect that could blow over into RE purchases as well. Perception is one, but also some people like to reno when they buy.
Really? I bet you didn't know that most Asian and East Indian people don't pay taxes on renos and pay less on labour as well. It's called the black market. For example, my friend saved 7k-10k on a kitchen Reno. He paid 23k from a Asian when a white guy wanted 30-34k. Who would you choose? That's why they do it.

Asians all think alike, which is looking after theirselves and their family, not the government. It is what it is, hate it, or do it yourself. It will always happen.

Austin
Real Estate Talker

Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:36 am

Well, we'll see how it goes. I think by EOM April we should have some more clarity of what the rest of the year might do.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Asians all think alike, which is looking after theirselves and their family, not the government. It is what it is, hate it, or do it yourself. It will always happen.
'...but isn't that what the government is doing, looking after us??? no???

When prices drop 90% from todays levels, I am a buyer. :lol:
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)