This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Re: Farewell Party. Taipan Retires from RETALKS

Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Arthur Ponzirelli:
Taipan - your insights and analysis have greatly benefited this forum over the years - your F.I.T. analysis and chart in particular. It's too bad you let yourself get baited into a bunch of useless bickering. Sun Peaks is a great resort and one of a very small handful that has seen rider days increase in the past 10 years. Enjoy your vacation home and your holiday.
....haw! haw! haw! You know Taipan has got to be a total idiot is Arthur Farthur is giving him his "seal of approval". Hey Arthur, hows the development of your recreational property going?
Or should we ask, did you "pitch a tent" yet?
Haw! Haw! Haw!..... :P

Your hero saw the stupidity of his thinking and slunk off in disgrace and left you and the rest of the Crash'tards holding the bag!
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Node??? :mrgreen:
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Arthur Fonzarelli:
Taipan - your insights and analysis have greatly benefited this forum over the years - your F.I.T. analysis and chart in particular.
....Arthur, what do you think of your statement now in light of the fact that you are now a happy debtor? :mrgreen:

ArthurFonzarelli
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Arthur Fonzarelli:
Taipan - your insights and analysis have greatly benefited this forum over the years - your F.I.T. analysis and chart in particular.
....Arthur, what do you think of your statement now in light of the fact that you are now a happy debtor? :mrgreen:
Seeing as how we're buddies now and everything... :lol: :lol:

I thought Taipan stimulated a lot of interesting debate, and I agreed with a lot of his conclusions. Just as I thought ETB stimulated a lot of good debate, and I agreed with a lot of his/her/its conclusions.

Taipan's F.I.T. chart was more informative than the vast majority of information I found on here... even if it didn't prove to be much of a predictor of price direction in Vancouver.

But for the record, I bought in a market that's been nominally flat, perfectly flat, for seven years. If the market turns south here, or I have to move, I can rent it out and actually get decent cashflow from it. I don't have to commute. Now compare that with Metro Vancouver, which I still think is ridiculously overpriced and totally unsustainable. And by "unsustainable" I mean if it stays high like this, the region's screwed, and if it crashes, the region's screwed. Welcome to the "new normal" I guess... :lol: :lol:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Fair enough :lol:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:46 pm

....are you still around Fawker?

I think you are.

How does your lovely wife put up with you? :P

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:17 am

Hey Geyser, your best buddy swung by VREAA to say hello but he didn't stick around too long in case you showed up. :mrgreen:

http://vreaa.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/t ... ment-78479

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Hey Geyser, your best buddy swung by VREAA to say hello but he didn't stick around too long in case you showed up. :mrgreen:

http://vreaa.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/t ... ment-78479
Still dispensing his valuable advice is he?

When he claimed to have bought a million bucks worth of gold it was trading at about US$1,630. When it dropped to US$1,500 he described it as a great buying opportunity. This week it's been hovering around US$1,280, is he still telling everybody what a great deal he got when he bought it several years ago for such a high price? :lol:

I'm not surprised he erased all his posts and ran away. I'm preserving my archive of his posts in case he comes back with his modified version of history again. :lol:
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Well he says he way ahead of everyone so that thing hasn't changed.... and he still spells it "your" when he means "you're". So I guess he hasn't changed too much. :mrgreen:

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:47 pm

I did suggest to him that some small portion of his massive store of wealth would have been better spent on ESL spelling and grammar courses (rather than gold way back when it was US$1,630 per ounce) but I'm not sure if he was able to read my advice. Perhaps "the people" he employs to read things for him were on vacation. :lol:
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:42 am

:mrgreen:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:00 pm

whoopee!
hoocuddanotfawkinnoded? :mrgreen:

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:01 pm

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson "Clowns are funny". :lol:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:34 am

Here you go Taipan, a nice going away present....

[img]gone[/img]
Last edited by WhipMaster on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:09 am

You still around Taipan? hahahahaha.... :mrgreen:

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:05 pm

When are we gonna give a farewellses party for Johnny?

Soon?

:idea: