since im a moderator now i believe it's time to introduce myself (finally)
1) Age / Location / Occupation
2) What real estate do you own?
3) What's your view on the market going forward? Buyer or seller? Which parts of the market?
4) Anything else?
1) early 20's/richmond and surrey (im a man of no fixed address)/ in my 4th year as a real estate salesperson/property manager and have been a part time messageboard monkey for even longer
2) I own an apt in Point Grey which I rent for now, but plan to occupy when I go to law school at UBC in the next few years (the home is so convenient to ubc... i have no choice but to get accepted there). prior to the point grey home i owned a point grey co-op apt which i sold for a really nice gain (learned a lot about co-ops in the process). family owns 14 properties in and around the fraser valley area (all purchased in 2001-02) which i manage
3) people on this forum continually give well thought opinions on why they feel the market has pretty much 'peaked' which are great to read. im not so sure myself - currently we still have very low supply (compared to years ago) in much of the GVRD and fraser valley (little concerned about downtown condos though) and until that starts to substantially change i think we're in for 'more of the same'. unless interest rates raise substantially i think there's enough money 'on the sidelines' ready to jump in should prices fall (maintaining a 'status quo' so to speak)
4) if you're a new lurker you're invited to post your questions/comments and join in on the discussion! we will treat you well
. don't be intimidated by the occasional skirmishes seen here - it's all 'harmless' in the end. if it gets too excessive it will be 'moderated' anyways