This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

vancityeast
Real Estate Talker

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:56 pm

25 years old male
Lived in Vancouver all my life
Club Promoter/ DJ/ Hydroponics
Own a 1100 sq/ft 2 bedroom condo in Vancouver where I currently live
Own a 1 bedroom 580 sq/ft rental property in Chilliwack
Own a 3 bedroom 2200 sq/ft house in Abbotsford
I believe the market in Vancouver will stay strong but will rise at a slower pace in years to come.

Zaboo

Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:50 am

27/Vancouver/Accountant

Own a townhouse. Parents transferred title of a property to my brother and I. Property in East Vancouver

Looking to make a purchase next year as I'm getting married so I'm hoping prices will come down but I'm not sure what the market will do.
Saved a bunch of money for a downpayment in RRSP so I could First Time Home Buyers but now Im ineligible so that hurt. What also makes it interesting is that fiance also saving to RRSP but as soon as we're married I think that makes her ineligible for FHB as well. So me need to change our plans to buy sooner rather than later.

May use equity in property I own now to cover some downpayment loss for not being able to use FHB so that its not a high ratio mortgage. Can't sell the place that my brother and I own cause the P's and him still live in it.

arrow2fast

I don't even know if that's investing.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:35 pm

47/F/immigrated to canada 18 years ago. I am Canadian now, but my sentiment is all over the world.

2 industrial buildings, some of it rented to a company I own, so it is kind of captive market, the balance is rented out to arm-length tenants.
planning to buy a house to renovate and flip.
I feel inexperienced.

investinbc

Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 55 year old real estate agent. I have been selling real estate in Canada for over 30 years, beginning in Saskatchewan, and progressively moving west. I now work all over Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, with my office located in Chilliwack.

I hear a lot of stressing over the current price of real estate in the downtown Vancouver area. I couldn't agree more. It's certainly a market to watch very closely and carefully.

I would encourage everyone to look a little east when considering where the most strategic real estate invesments are in British Columbia. From Burnaby to Chilliwack there are some absolutely great deals to be had.

I operate a monthly real estate investment tour where potential investors are exposed to a number of great properties over the course of one day. It's a lot of fun, and you get to meet some great people. We offer the tour in English, as well as cantonese and manadarin (using translators).

Our upcoming tour on Saturday November 24th focuses on farm properties, as well as a bed and breakfast. We pick up people in Vancouver and Burnbaby and make our way to the properties using a very comfortable mini-bus.

To learn more, visit http://www.investinbc.ca/home.html

In any case, I wish you all the best of luck...happy hunting!

Oh, as for question 3, I own two homes in Chilliwack.
Learn about our upcoming tour of excellent investment properties in beautiful British Columbia Canada at http://www.investinbc.ca

xel

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi All,

34/Surrey,BC, Entrepreneur - IT/Outsourcing/Virtual Assistance

I'm just starting out and trying to learn real estate investing. Looking forward to gain new friends and learn from the forum members here.
Let''s Live a Great Life! We Only Live it Once!

Wentworth

Introducing myself

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm a REALTOR in Vancouver/Lower Mainland.

If your planning on investing in the real estate industry my advice for you is to make sure you hire a REALTOR that understands the market and is willing to go the distance for you. Also if your investing in Presales please make sure you and your REALTOR do your due dilligence on the developer. If its a resale property make sure you understand the market/community your investing in.

regal

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:19 pm

32/F/health field
rent a house in Chilliwack
Want to buy but don't want to pay my life and soul to the bank to have a 40 year mortgage-- I plan on renting for cheap and banking $ to save for a good down payment and then have a mortgage for 25 yrs or less
Prices will adjust towards correction even in outlying areas because there will be oversupply in the next 5 years- too many condos and townhomes everywhere

coinebro
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:51 pm

35, Prince George, investor/builder
We own 10 rental units, currently doing two flips, and 5 new construction projects
We feel the market where we are focusing on will stay steady this year, no big jumps. The new houses still sell fast if they are what the buyers want ( bungalows). We will be buyers and builders this year in Prince George and Kamloops.
We have been doing this full time for four years and there is nothing like the real estate game. Partners welcome. www.coveinvestments.com

[/url]

salbrecht

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:31 am

1) I'm 32, born and raised in Vancouver. Realtor is my occupation.
2) I own a townhouse on Commercial Dr., and two rental condos (one downtown and the other in east Van). I believe that a realtor has to put his money where his mouth is.
3) I believe that the market will continue to be strong for the next few years. However, the type of price increases we've seen in the last couple of years can't continue. I expect something in the range of 8% this year as opposed to the 14-20% we've seen recently. Listings will rise and the market will become more balanced.

Sebastian Albrecht

http://www.SebastianAlbrecht.com
http://www.KingEdwardVillage.ca

CyrusAD
Real Estate Talker

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:33 pm

1) 24 YO male. One of the very few born and raised Calgarians still living here. Hopefully not for long. Planning on moving to the coast in the very near future. I'm a professional cross country skier, road biker and a mechanical/manufacturing engineer in between bike rides.
2) Own a condo in inner city Calgary (Red Mile). Listed on welist.com for now...
3) Not knowledgeable enough about the GV area to make an uninformed RE prediction but my guess for the Calgary market is a return to 2006 prices by 2009.

Tim08

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:07 am

43/ Prince George / Millwright
I don't own any real estate right now but am looking in the market for oppertunities while renovating my own house
I do own a snack vending company that is delivering passive income.
Mostly I have joined this blog to learn.

P.S. We should'nt have to go to page 15 to view the latest postings, they should appear on the first page.

CanadianIgloo

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:28 pm

18/Vancouver/Student
Don't own anything due to my age obviously.
I can't make a prediction.
I joined these forums because I'm extremely interested in every aspect of real estate, and will probably ask a lot of questions to expand the little knowledge that have.

Buttercup
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:27 pm

40/Comox Valley/Self employed
I work on the periphery of the development community.
Own a personal home, a multi-family property, small commercial rental and small recreational property.

Started buying property and stocks in 2001 because they looked cheap, stopped in '06 because they looked expensive. Looking forward, my aim is too build up cash reserves and borrowing power for the next time either looks cheap to me.

skibum

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:06 am

hi everyone,

37/male/married

have been lurking here for awhile reading as much as i can, allthough there is not always posts that apply to me, i enjoy the opinions. but now am looking for some specific opinions/advice

Bobby604

Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:39 pm

Hey Everybody,

My name is Bobby, and im 26!

A little info on my RE background (Very limited).

I bought a condo in Mount Pleasant 3 years ago when it was still somewhat seedy. You all know the rest. the area blew up, and I made a $120k profit.

Last year I bought into Clarke House in Burnaby and am now planning on listing it. Stand to make a 50k profit in just 7 months.

I am here to further my understanding of how the market works and other areas of knowledge.