This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

grantness
Site Admin

Sat May 29, 2004 1:28 pm

The main reasons are (1) i have the resources now to do this which i did not before and (2) and it will leave me open to pursue other opportunities rather than be locked into certain properties

RiskArb
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Sun May 30, 2004 6:21 am

1) Age 25 / Vancouver-Born Chinese-Canadian / Treasury Risk Management Analyst.

2) 1 House in Langley (with accepted offer), 1 townhouse in Langley (putting on the market in a few days), 1 townhouse in Maple Ridge (putting on the market by the end of the month).

3) See http://www.realestatetalks.com/viewtopic.php?t=8923
Treasury risk mgmt analyst? So you calculate exposures and give lines? I used to trade derivatives (swaps, options, exotics) and you guys were the bane of my existence! (joke)

Good to see that you're monetizing your assets. Good luck

grantness
Site Admin

Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:26 am

I’ve also begun looking into foreclosures as well, specifically, pre-forecloses.
I have never heard of a "pre-foreclosure" here in Canada, could you please describe what this is?

pstracha

Re: Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:10 pm

I just logged in for the first time, and was interested to know about everyone here, namely:
1) Age / Location / Occupation
2) What real estate do you own?
3) What's your view on the market going forward? Buyer or seller? Which parts of the market?
4) Anything else?
Hi everyone! I just joined the forum now and thought I'd introduce myself.

1. I'm and Electrical Engineer, 27, born and raised in BC (mostly Kamloops) now living in Burnaby.
2. Haven't yet purchased an investment property, but I'm hoping to pick one up soon in the Lougheed Town Centre.
3. Market? Hmmm ... well for sure the prices the new condos and town homes are selling for is amazing. But what's truly crazy is people lining up overnight to purchase those condos !!!

Cheers!

RiskArb
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:44 am

Sorry I've been MIA. Good to see more Spore folk here. I've actually moved to Hong Kong since my last post, but still long for home (Vancouver).

Welcome to all the newbies! Keep up the posting. Maybe at some point we can arrange a meet-up to trade ideas and punches :wink:

shioru
Real Estate Talker

Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:16 am

3) What's your view on the market going forward? Buyer or seller? Which parts of the market?
4) Anything else?
1) 25/Whistler (orig. Singapore)/Ppty Mgr
2) Used to have a triplex in Squamish, now in Whistler (getting flooded sucks the big one) and looking for new investments - bring on the ideas :))
3) From a Whistler POV -- its a buyer's market unfortunately; but demand is there for the lower end of it, I suspect prices will hold as a 300k-400k townhome is still semi-affordable for the DINKs out there even w/ no downpayment.
4) Glad to see lots of Sporeans - do say hi you guys out there. Always happy to discuss RE over a beer if anyone is up in Whistler........

jasonkawaguchi
Real Estate Talker

Re: Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:58 pm

I just logged in for the first time, and was interested to know about everyone here, namely:
4) Anything else?
1-35/Whistler/real estate agent
2-house
3-too long to put in an answer, anyone intested I am more than happen to give a number to
4-I think Shioru said something about beer? Let's do this!

Accountingchic
Real Estate Talker

Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:35 pm

32/accountant (duh!)
also own environmental analytical lab and small cosmetic company

have houses in Calgary, Victoria, Pender Harbour

odee

Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:39 am

4) Anything else?

1) 20 / Vancouver / Online Businesses
2) Condo in Kits, renting out
3) Looks good long term, short term correction
4) here to learn as much as i can!

smallinvestor
Real Estate Talker

Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:41 pm

My first post in any internet forum. This sounds like fun. Been reading this forum for a couple of months now.

1. 35 years old. Vancouver. Real estate broker/manager/investor.
2. Residential & commercial real estate. Small portfolio.
3. Like Jurock always say: wish I'd bought (more) 5 years ago. Haven't sold any yet. Vancouver.
4. Landlording had been very tiring lately.

silverman
Real Estate Talker

Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:51 am

Welcome to the forum :lol:

Agitprop
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:59 pm

I'm shelter challenged, or homeless, but with a little luck maybe I can afford an airstream like Honkytonkman one day. I just logged in for the first time about an hour ago and must say, it seems like a very active board. Perfect.

My forays into the occult world of real estate arcana convince me that something wicked this way comes. But I have my fingers crossed, am facing Mecca and hoping those of you who forecast the positive, are right.

Actually, I was kidding about the homeless part. I live in the Gulf Islands and live off income from commercial real estate in Seattle. I'm Canadian, my husband is American. Part of my dread comes from living through the tech wreck in Seattle. The city had a similar upbeat look and feel, (all bright shiny new and vibrant) that Vancouver has right now.
Drugs are for people who can't handle realtors

MultipleOffer
Real Estate Talker

Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:14 pm

4) Anything else?

1) 29 / North Vancouver / Realtor
2) North Van Condo, Vancouver House (rental), Burnaby Condo (rental)
3) Market is hot again - so busy right now
4) Hope to become part of this online community :)

clueless_foreigner
Real Estate Talker

Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:23 am

4) Anything else?

1) 37++ / abroad / ex-yuppy
2) less than I should have
3) no original views. global real estate is in a long cycle of synchronised insanity. one day, leveraged 'investors' are going to lose their shirts ... but I don't know when
4) history will not be kind to alan greenspan

Islandguy
Real Estate Talker

Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:51 pm

Hello all,

I'm in Victoria, 46 and working as an engineer (for not much longer I hope). Sitting on the sidelines in the real estate market the last few years due to that damn divorce thingy but looking to get back in later in the year when I think the prices are long overdue for a pullback.
You can check my other posts to see why I think that way since I have lived through two bubbles (right when I wanted to sell) so I can smell the signs all around.
Been reading this site for 6 months or so and is great to see the variety and quality of opinions and enthusiasm for discussing the markets pros and cons.

Islandguy