This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

Johnny Horton
Site Admin

Re: Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:28 pm

Welcome BHP :mrgreen:

I don't know where the rest of the Forum is. Especially the Bears on the Forum. They don't greet anybody.
But then, all they do is gripe cuz they're grumpy.

Welcome aboard! :mrgreen:

RiskArb
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:19 am

Welcome noobs! :D It's a real piss-fest on the forums right now so I recommend wading in gently!

islandlandlord
Real Estate Talker

Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:36 am

Good morning,

I have been surfing around this site for a few months, and i finally joined. I must say, there is a wealth of real estate information on this site, and I look for forward to contributing where i can.

Cheers,
islandlandlord

raja
Real Estate Talker

Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm

30/richmond/looking for a new job(formerly in agriculture sales)

rent a property in coquitlam, have owned it for about 7 years now.

the value has pretty much doubled since i first purchased the property, so even if the market does drop 20 %, yes it will bug me but im not looking to sell it anytime soon. at the end of the day i may pay less property taxes so that is good for me. I have purchased this property as a long term and know that over the next 10-15 years the value will continue to increase.
The rent i receive pretty much pays for the mortgage and house insurance leaving me to pay for a majority of the property taxes. so overall i am quite happy with it.

I do want to look at purchasing another property however I am going to sit back and wait at least another year and maybe two to see how the market unfolds. i want to look at purchasing another property with land attatched. I have looked at condos however i dont like anything that doesnt have land! the only areas i would look at condos are something that have water/mountain views. but that would be a very rare exception.

metalhead
Real Estate Talker

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:02 am

49 M / Abbotsford, BC

3200 sq.ft. SFH. clear title. bought in '91.
Present value, probably about 60K less than a few months ago?

Looking to buy a rec. property at or near the bottom, whenever that may be??
I see things going very bad for a good while before they get better.

Johnny Horton
Site Admin

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:54 am

Tansi everyone! :mrgreen:

fullhouse

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:11 pm

Newbie here...

1) Age / Location / Occupation
30 / Vancouver / Business Analyst

2) What real estate do you own?
None

3) What's your view on the market going forward? Buyer or seller? Which parts of the market?
extremely profitable with the recession. Definitely Buyers market.

4) Anything else?
Looking for a Mentor and learn how to get started in Real Estate Investing.

vancityguy
Real Estate Talker

Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Just wanted to say hi.

I'm new to the forums and have found the threads an interesting read.

Johnny Horton
Site Admin

Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:53 am

Tansi. :mrgreen:

agraham
Real Estate Talker

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:22 am

32 / Vancouver / Video Game Programmer
None
3) What's your view on the market going forward? Buyer or seller? Which parts of the market?
Neeeeerow... boom! After the olympics when we realize it didn't save our crazy valuations and it finally bottoms out I'll be buying.
4) Anything else?
My predictions graphed at http://vancouvercondogames.agraham.ca/

MainStreet
Site Admin

Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:24 am

Greetings all.

46 / Newcastle (Australia).... but moving to BC in 2009 / EAM Consultant

7,600 sq foot family home & two other investment homes

Ugly..... Long way to go in Canada yet if what we are seeing in Australia is anything to go by...... Probably look to buy in late '09 or 2010

4) Anything else?
Looking forward to some new adventures with my family in Canada.

:D

kootenayrealtor

Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:05 am

Hey Everyone! I'm a 25yr old canadian, born on Vancouver Island in Nanaimo and have called the Slocan Valley (West Kootenays) home for the past 12 years!
I am a Realtor with C21 in Castlegar and my husband and I own a new home on 4 acres just outside of Slocan!

http://www.century21.ca/kamela.davies

Cheers!

reduced

Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:56 pm

Greetings, I've been a lurker for a while and have enjoyed the banter on this board.

43 / North Vancouver / I work with computers
Condo, paid off
I see the market going down quite a bit, so I guess I'm a bear. I hear about people waiting to re-list in the spring when the market will pick up, but I think these people are in error, and the market will only be worse in the spring. Looking to upgrade to a house once prices become reasonable again.
4) Anything else?

dfish
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:50 pm

43/47, Southern California, me, retired, husband, Systems Analyst

House in Tustin Ranch, Orange County

Definite drop, we have been experiencing a declining market for 1.5 - 2 years now and I believe Canada will follow suit, Buyer in Vancouver somewhere

4) Anything else?

Canadian family living temporarily in US for 13 years under NAFTA agreement, have decided time to "repatriate" back into Canada by summer 2009, originally from Calgary and don't want to experience the harsh winters any longer, wish to relocate to Vancouver, not sure where, hopefully will be able to determine with the help of this site. Did visit Vancouver last month, lucky to get out due to snow and all the flight cancellations, but did find a few interesting properties in White Rock and 1 in West Van. Not sure if we should "jump" and purchase the West Van house, a little nervous due to the market conditions at present. In our opinion everything seems highly overpriced right now, but I guess when comparing what you get in SoCal, it may take some attitude adjustment to what you get in Vancouver. But we firmly believe that over the next year, the Canadian markets will drop as the US have over the past while. However, believe that the drops won't be as steep as in the US. Great site and look forward to reading a number of threads, especially enabling us to determine what area in Vancouver/Greater Vancouver will be the right location for us.

developerman
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:56 am

Hey all, I am new here but I work in the real estate business so here's my intro:

I have worked for a medium sized developer in the Vancouver area for the past 8.5 years (started in early 2000). I do market research/site aquisition/marketing managment, etc. I am one of the key people here. I hope to be able to bring a developers opinion to all the great topics here.

See you all on the forums!