This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

thinktom
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Had lunch with Semven, Thompson & Horton.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:50 am

Semven is a really nice guy. Thompson is loaded.... and Horton said you are all turdpuppets. :)

Had a great lunch. We should make it an annual event. If some bears were there, we coulda' had a brawl in the middle of The Cactus Club. :wink:

eyesthebye
Real Estate Talker

Re: Had lunch with Semven, Thompson & Horton.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:59 am

we all know Thompson is loaded - but does he have money? :lol:
the cure for higher prices is moving to a destination with lower prices

tapioca
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:56 am

Hey! I'm not I hope! :lol:

unicas
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Is Horton still bitter now he lost the full time job patrolling RET?

SethM
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:55 pm

thinktom wrote:
Semven is a really nice guy. Thompson is loaded.... and Horton said you are all turdpuppets. :)

Had a great lunch. We should make it an annual event. If some bears were there, we coulda' had a brawl in the middle of The Cactus Club. :wink:

Let me guess. Horton and Thompson are the same person and Ozzie Jurock was there too!

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:01 pm

I noticed the invite in the other thread, thanks! Little short notice for me, 7 day work weeks seem to be the norm for me these days. A meet and greet sounds great, I would love to meet some of the infamous posters from here!

semven
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Yeah, It was nice meeting you too Tom. Sorry I only had an hour and a half. 8) I am going to go to my grave laughing at the expression on your face when you saw Horton. :lol:

Johnny wanted me to pass this along though.....

D.O.I.N.K!!!!

thinktom
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:41 pm

semven wrote:
Yeah, It was nice meeting you too Tom. Sorry I only had an hour and a half. 8) I am going to go to my grave laughing at the expression on your face when you saw Horton. :lol:

D.O.I.N.K!!!!

LOL. Well, I got messages in my inbox from people who want to join next time so let's do it again.

eyesthebye wrote:

Well, now that I think about it... he didn't offer to buy lunch. :)

jesse1
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:33 pm

Good you guys got together. I won't call it a bull party because none of you are really "bulls" in the same way many are "bears". (Maybe it's telling when I can't name many Bulls any more.) Vis-a-vis is the secret sauce of online networking. Sounds funny but it's true. Keep up the + vibes.

Taipan
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 01, 2011 3:03 am

Last edited by Taipan on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

eyesthebye
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 01, 2011 9:08 am

thinktom wrote:
semven wrote:

D.O.I.N.K!!!!

LOL. Well, I got messages in my inbox from people who want to join next time so let's do it again.

eyesthebye wrote:

it's your write-off Tom - a gathering of potential customers.
You should have paid.
the cure for higher prices is moving to a destination with lower prices

semven
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 01, 2011 9:16 am

thinktom wrote:
semven wrote:

D.O.I.N.K!!!!

eyesthebye wrote:

Actually he did and Horton wouldnt let him...

semven
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 01, 2011 12:00 pm

You mean like Taipans "get together"?

Maybe RET forum members should get themselves setup for a meet and greet somewhere...I think Hastings Park for is a good spot. I cant speak for Horton and Thompson, I probably wouldnt go. It is fun though when like minded people meet...You get from these things what you invest in them..Believe me if you guys met Horton and Thompson and listened to what they contributed to the conversation we had at the Cactus Club...you would direct most of your qustions on this forum to them...I left early so I dont know how it ended, but I was sure glad I went.Hortons contempt for fearmongers and people who infect others with their own insecurities was on display momentarily...and we all agreed with it.
Tom will bear me out on this...I called for that lunch meeting to thank Horton for his input two years ago on some development property I have held for quite some time...His advice was Bang on, and I was grateful I listened. My disclosure to him of my identity and my property location was never compromised. You guys should treat Thompson with more respect also...Trust me on that.
This forum is a lesser place without Horton
SV

Austin
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 01, 2011 1:23 pm

I've never read any particular deep contributions by either Thompson or Horton.

If you know different, perhaps you could link to the post that I missed.

Simply saying the chinese are coming and that RE is a protection against inflation... That's pretty common knowledge. Yawn.

Anyways, people listen to Thompson and Horton is more than welcome I'm sure to come back and rejoin the community. Just skip the antics.

Actually, Thompson said something pretty wrong once.

He said he was selling some RE but didn't think the market was going to shrink. Given the huge amount of taxes he's coughing up over to the government on that sale, I still feel he's either lying or screwed up.
Redistribute consumption, not income.

Thompson
Real Estate Talker

Sun May 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Austin wrote:
I've never read any particular deep contributions by either Thompson or Horton.

Thank you for your kindness, oh wait, or maybe kindless? I have to check my dictionary again. :lol:
Actually, Thompson said something pretty wrong once.

He said he was selling some RE but didn't think the market was going to shrink. Given the huge amount of taxes he's coughing up over to the government on that sale, I still feel he's either lying or screwed up.

Only wrong once? God, I'm next to you. :P

And let me tell you something Austin, you are not in a postion to judge another been "right or wrong" without all the financial information in detail about him.
people listen to Thompson and Horton is more than welcome I'm sure to come back and rejoin the community.

I never give any suggestion to anyone that "it's time" to buy (or sell) ..., so there is no difference for people who listen to me or not. However Johhny is a different story, people who listen to him and bought properties since 2002 should be very happy about what they did. Another example is about gold and silver, people who listen to him and bought them recently should be very happy too. ...And you, my freind, hahahaha..., who are in their right mind wants to listen a taxi driver talk? Please!! :mrgreen: