This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:24 pm

I'm seeing some positive signs from the market.
No panic buying or selling.
No wild swings in prices.
Houses are sitting on the market more than 7 days..
No bidding wars with sell prices $150,000 to $500,000 above list prices.
Open houses are less busy the frat parties.
Could it be that our market is becoming...normal?

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:26 pm

3443 east 47th ave
2152sqft detached built
33x159 RS-1 lot
Asking $1,508,800
sold $1,650,000 on 18-sept after 6 days

Prime Killarney home on an extra deep 33 by 159.44 corner lot. 1.5 baths and a single garage .Plenty of potential here. # bedrooms up and two down. Listed By: COLDWELL BANKER WESTBURN RLTY.
Attachments
photo_server.jpg
photo_server.jpg (75.46 KiB) Viewed 781 times

Harahomes
Real Estate Talker

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:16 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:
3443 east 47th ave
2152sqft detached built
33x159 RS-1 lot
Asking $1,508,800

Prime Killarney home on an extra deep 33 by 159.44 corner lot. 1.5 baths and a single garage .Plenty of potential here. # bedrooms up and two down. Listed By: COLDWELL BANKER WESTBURN RLTY.

What frustrates me the most is that the media and real estate pundits keep telling people the market is crashing, or that the prices will drop 50%.  These poor people sit on the sidelines believing everything and get priced out of the market. 
The market has slowed during the summer sure, but in demand properties are priced about the same or ticked up a bit.  And there is a demand for those properties.  Good luck to all those out there looking

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:50 am

Harahomes wrote:
What frustrates me the most is that the media and real estate pundits keep telling people the market is crashing, or that the prices will drop 50%.  These poor people sit on the sidelines believing everything and get priced out of the market. 
The market has slowed during the summer sure, but in demand properties are priced about the same or ticked up a bit.  And there is a demand for those properties.  Good luck to all those out there looking

Interest rate is going up wolf may coming. :lol:

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:14 pm

What's with the whining?  :roll:

anna2

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Harahomes wrote:

Thank you, Harahomes.  I totally agree with you and understand your frustration.  I was like that for many years and felt bad when I saw friends and relatives getting price out.  I often blamed myself for not trying harder to convince them to buy.  I eventually got over it and no longer care.  They are all adults who are responsible for their own lives.  It's easy to tell someone to "buy" or "sell" or "wait" or whatever, but everyone's situation is different and we don't know the whole picture.  If they don't do their research or think about their own finances and choose to blindly follow someone's advice instead (i.e. Garth Turner's blog), then it really is their own fault for their misery.  People can say a lot of things or give advice without much accountability.  Some people are bored, some people have their own agenda, some people are evil, etc. so we can't always believe everything we hear.  The people who are priced out and could have bought have nobody to blame but themselves.

I recently read this and enjoyed it, although it's purely based on opinion:
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report ... e36421582/

Sorry to go off topic.  Let's see more individual property sales! :D

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:44 am

Harahomes wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:
3443 east 47th ave
2152sqft detached built
33x159 RS-1 lot
Asking $1,508,800

Who says the market is crashing? Seriously, I think we all follow RE a little and I can’t remember anywhere someone saying the market is crashing.

And who even listens to the media anymore? That’s so 2 years ago.

And why do you even care?

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:47 am

anna2 wrote:
Harahomes wrote:

Thank you, Harahomes.  I totally agree with you and understand your frustration.  I was like that for many years and felt bad when I saw friends and relatives getting price out.  I often blamed myself for not trying harder to convince them to buy.  I eventually got over it and no longer care.  They are all adults who are responsible for their own lives.  It's easy to tell someone to "buy" or "sell" or "wait" or whatever, but everyone's situation is different and we don't know the whole picture.  If they don't do their research or think about their own finances and choose to blindly follow someone's advice instead (i.e. Garth Turner's blog), then it really is their own fault for their misery.  People can say a lot of things or give advice without much accountability.  Some people are bored, some people have their own agenda, some people are evil, etc. so we can't always believe everything we hear.  The people who are priced out and could have bought have nobody to blame but themselves.

I recently read this and enjoyed it, although it's purely based on opinion:
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report ... e36421582/

Sorry to go off topic.  Let's see more individual property sales! :D

I tend to believe realtors. They are such upstanding citizens that only have the public’s best interest on their mind. ahahahahaahahahahaahahahaaa....

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:38 am

http://www.westerninvestor.com/news/bri ... 1.23053483

I noticed realtors are starting to use this angle, market is at all time high and crash is looming so you should list your property now and cash out.

I’m assuming inventory is tight, and how they are trying to fear monger to try and drive up more listings.

Realators know the least about the market compared to anyone. They are wearing Kanye West dollar sign glasses blocking thier view of everything. Irregardless of the market conditions its the absolute best time to buy and sell a property.

Its up to the consumer to become educated and do some research. Realtors dont have a fiduciary obligation as long as they make thier comssions

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Right. Lots of inventory...
Attachments
WV list sold.JPG
WV list sold.JPG (41.98 KiB) Viewed 485 times
VW sold list.JPG
VW sold list.JPG (45.14 KiB) Viewed 485 times
VE list sold.JPG
VE list sold.JPG (45.54 KiB) Viewed 485 times

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:41 pm

“For all property types, the sales-to-active listings ratio for September 2017 is 29.8 per cent. By property type, the ratio is 14.6 per cent for detached homes, 42.3 per cent for townhomes, and 60.4 per cent for apartments.

Generally, analysts say that downward pressure on home prices occurs when the ratio dips below the 12 per cent mark for a sustained period, while home prices often experience upward pressure when it surpasses 20 per cent over several months.“

Igornoe Jimtam, incase anyone forgot hes the village idiot. I suppose the pretty colours and pictures must of triggered his feeble mind.

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:55 pm

2381 E Georgia St.
1863sqft detached built
3x105 RS-7 lot
Ask $1,859,000
sold $1,866,000 on 25-sept after 7 days

REMARKABLE TRANSFORMATION Reimagined East Van Home! Upstairs experience seamless open plan living, sumptuous oak flooring, recessed lighting, wood burning fireplace, radiant heating ..create & impress in a chef's dream kitchen complete w/top end Fisher & Paykel side/side fridge, 5 burner gas side in range, acres of Cygnus granite work surfaces, exit the custom french doors & experience an exceptional URBAN OASIS, custom flagstone, jetted spa, gas firepit, outdoor shower. Decend to a private self-contained 2 bedroom lower suite, polished concrete flooring, stunning kitchen & bath. Chill in the highly unque Casita out back. Euro-line windows throughout, irrigation system, integrated Napolean BBQ + more! Listed By: SUTTON GRP-WEST COAST (BRDWY)
Attachments
photo_server-1.jpg
photo_server-1.jpg (117.71 KiB) Viewed 401 times

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:10 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
I'm seeing some positive signs from the market.
No panic buying or selling.
No wild swings in prices.
Houses are sitting on the market more than 7 days..
No bidding wars with sell prices $150,000 to $500,000 above list prices.
Open houses are less busy the frat parties.
Could it be that our market is becoming...normal?

As I was saying...

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4351590

"For the first time since 2011, we are seeing real estate in all five of our largest cities appreciate at a manageable, healthy clip," he said in a release. "Canadian housing is enjoying a Goldilocks moment — not too hot, and not too cold."

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:58 am

The housing market is only SFH?

Condos up 20-25% YoY...

I remember you saying condos were worthless ETB?

People willing to pay more for a generic box in the sky than a SFH!

What gives??

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:20 pm

rofina wrote:
The housing market is only SFH?

Condos up 20-25% YoY...

I remember you saying condos were worthless ETB?

People willing to pay more for a generic box in the sky than a SFH!

What gives??

During the tech bubble, garbage stocks were being traded at billions of dollars. Though people paid $$$ for it dose not mean it has intrinsic value.

Condos and detached property objectively speaking, condos in my opinion are less desirable long term and limited.. sub divide, rebuild ect.

However at the moment people are into condos, just like people are into bit coin. I think SFH will win out if time horizon is long enough.

But like any good investor you need to keep up with the times and be able to be flexible / adapt and identify opportunities as they come along. Condo market is wide open for making $$$ at the moment