This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

madeitbc
Topic Author

Zoning Question Langley Township

Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:29 am

Hello: I need some advice on Zoning in the Langley Township. I live in the Smith neighbor plan http://www.tol.ca/Services-Contact/Documents-Library?folderId=383&view=gridview&pageSize=10 , and they are in the process of re-zoning. In most case I would be satisfy with that. However as I live on a 15,000 sq. ft. lot, with a tear down house. On my side of the street, they are only increasing the zoning to 4 single family detached units per acre. Due to that the amount of money it will sell for is limited. It is disappointed as townhomes are been built ½ block away. When this first came down a couple of years ago, I have been in contact with the Mayor, all council members, and township staff with no success.

Now it appears that I maybe should bring in someone on my behalf, to see what they can do to increase zoning. Now who would you contact in situation likes this? Any referrals? Any advice?

Thanks for your help beforehand.
Cheers

semven
Real Estate Talker

Re: Zoning Question Langley Township

Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:49 pm

To be able to answer your question would require more information specific to your Property than would be advisable to disclose on an internet forum.
For now your best course of action would be to see how many of your immediate neighbors share your concerns. Then speak clearly and in one voice to the Planning Department
Good Luck