This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

semven
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Re: Hi Everybody!!

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:57 pm

tdma800 wrote:
thompson2 wrote:
Eh? Living in ur mother in law's basement you never understand what's going on in the real world. The condo market is so hot anyone who wants a piece has to provide a clean offer, no subjects.  When you got the accepted contract and take it to the bank for the mortgage, bank may or may not give That to you. 

Do you get it now reallyreal ass? I guess not, because you're too dump to understand anything .  :lol:

people that actually live in vancouver know what happens on cambie is a drop in the bucket.  supply is limited. to the moon!

Looks good on Paper TDMA but the spread between Multi Family and Detached housing is so great that passive investing on Houses is reaching a boiling point (maxing out).I think the Buyer pool is substantially reduced and was dwindling even prior to the introduction of the Foreign Buyers tax
If you are referring to the Cambie Corridor assemblies, that kind of investing is an exercise in greed that is very difficult. risky, and time consuming.
It is the kind if thing that is out of reach for most of us regular buyers and limited to Corporations with deep deep pockets

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:00 am

For those who aren't cheerleaders, the numbers matter...

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... will-burst

Look at the divergence in real RE prices (chart below) between USA and Canada after 2009. Look at the last steep spurt in 2015-16. That's me selling my False Creek apartment.

For those who actually ask difficult questions, measure the ratio of the spikes in 1982 and 1991 against the base. Then, measure the spike from 2001 to 2017. Spectacular? That's the extraordinary loose monetary policy that's going to end. That's ETB's paper million.

AS the author (Ben Carlson concluded...

"The problem is that the home-buying experience is fraught with emotion. People rarely think about the characteristics of real estate as an investment when putting down roots and making the biggest purchase of their life. Once the herd mentality sets in these things take on a life of their own. In downtown Toronto, the average sale price of a detached home this spring was $1.2 million.

No one knows when insanity like this will come to an end. Bubbles are like an avalanche. The longer they build up, the worse they will be when they eventually destabilize.

The same is true of financial markets. No one really knows when or why bubbles come to an end, but eventually people come to their senses and the music stops. U.S. homeowners understand all too well what can happen to the economy when the housing market destabilizes. The timing is impossible to predict, but Canadians should be on avalanche alert."
Attachments
Real housing prices.JPG
Real housing prices.JPG (33.66 KiB) Viewed 245 times

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:58 am

jimtan wrote:
HaHa. You guys are cute.

I fought off the bear trolls from 2008 to 2015. I can certainly fight off a couple of bull trolls.

FYI of the newbies, I joined the forum as a bear in 2007-8. In late 2008, I flipped to be a buyer. Purchased my two-bed on Marinaside Crescent in March 2009. Spoke bullish for 6 years.

-----------------------------------------

Don't worry about me. I bought a one-bed pre-sale near Queen Elizabeth Park in autumn of 2015. Grasp! Walk through this summer.

Anyway, I don't need any more money. I'm preparing to exit. I'm worried about the kids. There's always some newbie buying at the top. BTW did you catch the latest news. Rrump is flexing his muscles.

Are you by polar? In the same post you claim to be a bear and sold off your place, in the same post you said you bought another pre-sale.

You are claiming its one big bubble, so you sold off and immediately bought right back in. You just helped realtors and the city earn a bunch of money.

You are a serious mental idiot.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:35 am

This guy has no analytical ability. He posts a ton of hot air without empirical backing. Does not grasp strategy. Just lemmings. Monkey see, Monkey do.

The last article he referenced (Post #38) was from 2015, while Poloz has just changed policy days ago. Are you a cherry picker, a dumbot, or a dumb cherry picker?

“... Interests rates can go in any direction, BOC already indicated its willing to go negative.” 

Meanwhile Steve Saretsky has actually done some work...
Attachments
Record construction apartments.JPG
Record construction apartments.JPG (83.26 KiB) Viewed 234 times

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:22 am

Listen carefully Jimtan, there is no article or annaytics. I quoted a post you made earlier in the year.

You stated you sold because you thought the market topped, yet in the same post your claim you bought another pre-sale.

If you cant have a decent rebuttal for this, I suggest you stop posting anything. I think everyone will agree.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:34 am

The worst thing is that you're a freaking hypocrite too. I feel dirty just talking to you.  :oops:

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:50 am

jimtan wrote:
The worst thing is that you're a freaking hypocrite too. I feel dirty just talking to you.  :oops:

Finally, at least you admit you are a hypocrite.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:56 am

yzfr1 wrote:
jimtan wrote:

Finally, at least you admit you are a hypocrite.

There we are. Just like the moon man.  :roll:

You're on IGNORE.

semven
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:29 pm

You can be a "Bear" and both sell and re enter the Market.
Say you sell a Single Family Home and re enter the market the next day with a smaller home, or a Condo.
Provided the asset is not exactly the same as the one you divested your acquisition becomes a "Hedge" or "Pivot" from your previous Home.
Location, Lot Size, Living Area sq footage, Time Horizon for future Development are all relevant attributes to defining the direction you are taking in your transaction.
If you pivot from investing in Houses to Condos you could essentially be shorting the Market for Real Estate and be Bullish on the quality of living in an area.
The laws supply and demand are converging with the metrics of affordability now.
a Prius vs Escalade kinda thing....

Doesnt make you a hypocrite...

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:51 pm

semven wrote:
Say you sell a Single Family Home and re enter the market the next day with a smaller home, or a Condo.
Provided the asset is not exactly the same as the one you divested your acquisition becomes a "Hedge" or "Pivot" from your previous Home.
Location, Lot Size, Living Area sq footage, Time Horizon for future Development are all relevant attributes to defining the direction you are taking in your transaction.
If you pivot from investing in Houses to Condos you could essentially be shorting the Market for Real Estate and be Bullish on the quality of living in an area.
The laws supply and demand are converging with the metrics of affordability now.

I agree, in Jimtan's case thats not what is happening. IF you follow some of his other posts he alludes to the fact that he timed the market perfectly.

Just read some of his posts. I particularly love how he tried to explain the "coming apocalypse" based on quantative easing.

I feel like im taking crazy pills, no one see's that hes a moron.

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:54 pm

jimtan wrote:
HaHa. You guys are cute.

I fought off the bear trolls from 2008 to 2015. I can certainly fight off a couple of bull trolls.

FYI of the newbies, I joined the forum as a bear in 2007-8. In late 2008, I flipped to be a buyer. Purchased my two-bed on Marinaside Crescent in March 2009. Spoke bullish for 6 years.

In autumn of 2015, I contacted a realtor. She wanted me to sell then. I said spring 2016.

So, we sell in March 2016 for another $200k. Applause.

By a strange coincidence, I started the Should The Government Intervene thread ... When?

After I sold the apartment, other owners in the building went wild. The unit above mine listed for +$100k. Guess it didn't sell. Last month, that unit listed for $20k below my transacted price.

I'm told that it sold above listing. No problem. Still in the same ball park.

Don't worry about me. I bought a one-bed pre-sale near Queen Elizabeth Park in autumn of 2015. Grasp! Walk through this summer.

Anyway, I don't need any more money. I'm preparing to exit. I'm worried about the kids. There's always some newbie buying at the top. BTW did you catch the latest news. Rrump is flexing his muscles.

He's going to change the game. He'll either be a hero or a big dummy. Stay tuned.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:59 pm

semven wrote:

Absolutely right. Thanks.

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:13 pm

yzfr1 wrote:
I feel like im taking crazy pills, no one see's that hes a moron.

Don't take him seriously, he is an idiot for sure. :)

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:27 pm

semven wrote:
 Time Horizon for future Development are ..

That's the most difficult part in real estate, it is a higher level for the investor, but if you are correct about the location and time you can laugh all the way to the bank. :):

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:10 pm

semven wrote:

Agreed. but at the end of day, jim has to account all the coins he got in his pocket to see if he is a winner or loser by timing market. 
Vancouver condo prices increasing over 2% per month since Jan 2017, it is not a good news for him. :P