This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

semven
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Hi Everybody!!

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Anyone think the worm is starting to turn? 
Lagging Stock Market in global terms.
Home Prices are Crazy, Wages are stagnant and NDP/Green alliance has an ominous feeling about it.
Not to mention the Trudeau Honeymoon is a distant memory.
Foreign Buyers Tax?..Not as worried about that as much as Chinese Government can reach Canadian assets now,
...Interesting times
C`mon Taipan sell me on some Gold,Guns and Bullets

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Re: Hi Everybody!!

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:28 pm

What do you think?

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:21 pm

semven wrote:
Home Prices are Crazy, Wages are stagnant and NDP/Green alliance has an ominous feeling about it.
Foreign Buyers Tax?..Not as worried about that as much as Chinese Government can reach Canadian assets now,
...Interesting times

Economics wont sink this ship.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/sask ... -1.4159137

Just read this today, I'm sure it's these immigrant cheats that are buying up all the houses. If this gains traction it could lead to the beginning of the end

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:33 pm

People forget that here things are different and its a new normal.  With 30,000 people a year coming to the region and restricted supply - to infinity and beyond

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:28 am

Bring it on ...

"Poloz Weighs the Sudden Urgency of a July Rate Hike in Canada

... In fact, by choosing to soften the ground last week during a deputy’s speech, Poloz is only fueling speculation he’s itching to move. If he wanted to raise rates later this year, then he could have set the stage at next month’s decision, which coincides with new quarterly forecasts and a press conference. 

This is a central banker, after all, who has a reputation for being accommodative, and who only a few months ago was talking about rate cuts. By the time his seven-year term is done, Poloz will probably have kept borrowing costs on average at lower levels than any of his eight predecessors -- a legacy shared by many of his contemporaries in other countries.

“You can argue Steve has been more accommodating, so must feel really confident in the economy’s prospects if he’s itching to go,” said Andrew Spence, head of liquid alternatives at Scotia Institutional Asset Management and a former adviser at the Bank of Canada.

In other words, the fact Poloz has moved so quickly into what is for him uncharted territory may be a signal he’s determined to move. Talk of higher rates may suggest an underlying change has taken place..."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -eco-watch
Attachments
Canada 5 year mortgage.JPG
Canada 5 year mortgage.JPG (60.59 KiB) Viewed 590 times

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:35 am

Even if anyone believes that foreign media it doesn't matter - they can lock in their rates

semven
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:55 am

Wonder if anyone is thinking that Condos are the new ticket to acquire.
 The metrics of affordability are such that I know a few folks that are acquiring a portfolio of Condos as rental stock. Trick is that you need to acquire new ones  so you establish them as rentals before formation of strata council can create rules regarding rental thresholds. (grandfathering)
Sounds like something for Thompson...
(I know you're out there)

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:44 am

semven wrote:
 The metrics of affordability are such that I know a few folks that are acquiring a portfolio of Condos as rental stock. Trick is that you need to acquire new ones  so you establish them as rentals before formation of strata council can create rules regarding rental thresholds. (grandfathering)

Haha, you are right Semven, bought four highrise condos this year,  wish I could buy more but no bank give me loan any more. :lol: The last condo I bought was all cash, not very smart move for an investor.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:23 am

thompson2 wrote:
semven wrote:

Haha, you are right Semven, bought four highrise condos this year,  wish I could buy more but no bank give me loan any more. :lol: The last condo I bought was all cash, not very smart move for an investor.

Still can't get your story straight can you.
LOL -  :lol:
You got one part right though - I underlined for you... 

hey - whatever happened to your boyfriend?  and pooof, he was gone... no more whippy.  you must cry yourself to sleep every night... just like dinktom because of his unfamous family.  I think his next move is the balloon boy move.... he just can't stand he is a nobody.

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Eh? Living in ur mother in law's basement you never understand what's going on in the real world. The condo market is so hot anyone who wants a piece has to provide a clean offer, no subjects.  When you got the accepted contract and take it to the bank for the mortgage, bank may or may not give That to you. 

Do you get it now reallyreal ass? I guess not, because you're too dump to understand anything .  :lol:

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Why are you avoiding the subject of your boyfriend? Heart still hurts?

LOL

Where or where can whippy be? LOL

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:00 pm

semven wrote:
...Interesting times

Taipan was sadly replaced by Geyser who sells guns and bullets since 2011.  :D

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:37 pm

CHILDREN... Please play nice.

In answer to SEMVEN, Vancouver is a long term growth prospect. So, a long term investment will likely return an above average yield. The problem is the entry point. There's always someone buying at the top of the cycle. And, only a few buying at the bottom.

That said, do note that City Hall has finally found its backbone. The Cambie Corridor Phase 3 alone will have a net increase of 11k units (row houses, townhouses and apartments).

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=129673

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:32 pm

thompson2 wrote:
Eh? Living in ur mother in law's basement you never understand what's going on in the real world. The condo market is so hot anyone who wants a piece has to provide a clean offer, no subjects.  When you got the accepted contract and take it to the bank for the mortgage, bank may or may not give That to you. 

Do you get it now reallyreal ass? I guess not, because you're too dump to understand anything .  :lol:

people that actually live in vancouver know what happens on cambie is a drop in the bucket.  supply is limited. to the moon!

semven
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Hey Thompson!!!
I figured you would have been at the front of the line for the Condo Craze.....I think that its a pretty safe move. Prices being what they are you would think they will cash flow, and liquidity isnt going to be an issue moving forward.
Hope you have been well.

In answer to you JT. I think that the volume of Buyers isnt where it used to be now that affordability has been stretched. I dont really do any business in Vancouver but it only makes sense that with the pending tax implications against vacant homes and targeting of foreign buyers along with the origin of their finances its not the Wild West anymore.
Im gonna shoot Tom a PM and get him to weigh in on it....Who knows? Maybe I will wake up Johnny too