This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Re: Selling a house in surrey- how much real estate commission?

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:00 am

VanLord wrote:
Maggie123 wrote:
There are a few agents in the Surrey area that will sell for a lower commission on the listing side.  The key is to ensure the buyer's agent side is enticing.  The list price is a big marketing factor - the lower the price, the more eyes will be on it.  And, you want to ensure that the listing agent does more than just hang a sign and post on MLS.  Ensure that the property is exposed as far and wide as possible from day one of listing with good pics and a good write up.   (MLS, Craigslist, Kijiji etc).  Hopefully, that will ensure that it moves quickly and doesn't sit on the market.  Having a property sell fast is good for the listing agent too.  It makes them easy money and it looks good for their business.  My two cents.  Good luck. 

If I were a realtor (which I'm not) why would I take a listing with lower commissions?  I take all the costs associated with the listing and advertising, the risk if the deal goes sideways, or if the buyer sues down the road for whatever reason, I could get tangled up in a lawsuit, all for lower commissions.  I guess if you can get them to lower their commission all the power to ya, but why would a realtor do that, unless they are really hungry, which probably means they aren't the best anyways, which means it could cost you more than you save on the final sale price.

Well I guess it depends - realtors like to think they sell expertise but, in fact, they sell time - much like everyone else.  Therefore, if they are able to earn a commission on a sale quickly and with little marketing (lets face it, what marketing do they really need to do other than put the house on mls), then why wouldn't they take a lower commission?  
Everything is negotiable, especially a realtor's commission.  

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:25 am

^---- correction - realtors provide experience and data

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:37 pm

rMBA13 wrote:
Why is there sudden rush of foreign chinese investors in Surrey?

It's strange that the skeptics ask discerning questions while the trolls repeat the party line.  :?:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:00 pm

https://twitter.com/vywccnc/status/753326588490637312
"Many people are calling out the racism in#VanRE"

oli
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:01 pm

How much did you end up paying and did the house sell quickly?