This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS


Moderator: admin

 
jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 5427
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:07 pm

westcoastfella wrote:
It would actually help more if you just ignore the troll.  By definition, they will troll anything you post here, including actual facts, to goad you into replying... and then repeat cycle.  Its why they call them "trolls"

The troll won't last long if you guys took turns to trash him everyday. Just the facts will be enough. He is still here is because of the choices you made.
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:36 pm

jimtan wrote:
westcoastfella wrote:
It would actually help more if you just ignore the troll.  By definition, they will troll anything you post here, including actual facts, to goad you into replying... and then repeat cycle.  Its why they call them "trolls"

The troll won't last long if you guys took turns to trash him everyday. Just the facts will be enough. He is still here is because of the choices you made.

what you say is what you are
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:37 pm

People that think that (wrongly) interest rates will rise can take a longer term mortgage

and for people concerned about employment issues,. you can buy mortgage insurance. not life, from the bank.
 
yzfr1
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:34 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/opinion/non ... entwrapper

Anyone have any info about the secondary lending market? If this high risk lending is happening in Vancouver at a big enough %, this is the type of thing that can absolutely crash a market.

I just met a broker who specializes in non conventional mortgages with b and c lenders to Chinese with no credit or adequate income for conventional. He says he's doing 1 a week. Which is quite alarming
 
jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 5427
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:38 pm

yzfr1 wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/opinion/nonconforming-mortgage-market-1.4038515#commentwrapper

Anyone have any info about the secondary lending market? If this high risk lending is happening in Vancouver at a big enough %, this is the type of thing that can absolutely crash a market.

I just met a broker who specializes in non conventional mortgages with b and c lenders to Chinese with no credit or adequate income for conventional. He says he's doing 1 a week. Which is quite alarming

Thanks for the heads up. This is what I am seeing.

:"Sales of homes for over $1 million in Vancouver fell to 531 units in January and February of this year, down 45 per cent from a year ago, Sotheby's said.

The luxury segment of the Vancouver market — defined as homes worth over $4 million — was even more dramatically affected, plunging 68 per cent from a year ago to 43 units, according to the report."
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 pm

^--- irrelevant bit player in the metro vancouver realty market

people actually in vancouver know remax, sutton, royal, and so on are the main ones.
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 pm

https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ner ... 7-0700.cfm low risk and strong

this spring

we're going to the moon!
 
jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 5427
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:27 pm

The point is that CMHC is safe as long as the high risks are weeded out. More restrictive lending etc.

Hopefully, this will bring some sanity back into the TO market.

:roll:
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:36 pm

cmhc said its fine. and nothing wrong with the toronto market unless your drooling with envy at what others have
 
jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 5427
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:08 am

:lol: You're being small again.

I tell the truth; unlike you and Rrump.

CMHC didn't say that the TO market is fine. You did.
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:39 am

CMHC said vancouver, toronto and most others are fine

its not related to other vague references to foreign men


to the moon!
 
jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 5427
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:59 am

That's an outright lie.

"CMHC's ‘red’ alert: Surging home prices spread to suburbs

Hot markets in Vancouver and Toronto are causing home prices to rise in nearby areas, prompting Canada’s housing agency to issue a red alert about the country’s real estate sector as a whole.

Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. chief executive officer Evan Siddall said in an interview the agency’s “red” warning means that there is a strong risk of problems on the horizon. Ottawa uses CMHC analyses to guide its policies for the housing industry..."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e32407480/
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:10 am

[size=100][font=-apple-system, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]CMHC said  most places including Vancouver and Toronto are low risk and okay.  And its not related to some foreign men[/font][/size]



[size=100][font=-apple-system, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]that newspaper is not really related to Vancouver by the way. Its an eastern publication[/font][/size]
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:11 am

lol we're going to the moon!!!





"Despite high Vancouver home prices, demand for housing across the price spectrum is supported by a growing population and growth in personal disposable income. First-time home buyers focus on lower-priced options in suburban locales. At the upper end of the price spectrum, high net-worth residents, and those who have gained equity in their homes, are more likely to buy single-detached homes in central locations and luxury properties. Employment growth, long term population growth, and a limited supply of land for development provide further support to Vancouver prices."
 
VanLord
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:38 am

jimtan wrote:
westcoastfella wrote:
It would actually help more if you just ignore the troll.  By definition, they will troll anything you post here, including actual facts, to goad you into replying... and then repeat cycle.  Its why they call them "trolls"

The troll won't last long if you guys took turns to trash him everyday. Just the facts will be enough. He is still here is because of the choices you made.

Actually Westcoast is right, its like talking to a rock, you're just wasting your time arguing with him about nothing.  He's never going to respond in a meaningful way, so best to put him on ignore ignore ignore.  That's how you get rid of the troll.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests