This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:54 am

trailer voice: this time.. its different!  to infinity and beyond!

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/tripadvi ... march-2017

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:15 am

I'm simple shocked.

There's a troll running around the forum, insulting people and libeling Steve. I''m the only one willing to bring the troll down.

Then, there's a realtor who attacked Steve's character and professionalism. This is not on.

You may disagree with the bear assessment. Its your task to offer the counterpoint backed by FACTS and FIGURES. 

Let me remind you that I was a buyer in 2008. I talked bullish from 2009 to 2015. What happened in 2016?

Currently, we are in a balanced battle between bull and bear. There are many possible scenarios. Only the numbers will give an indication of how things will proceed. So, let's discuss in an adult analytical manner.

It would also help if you throw facts at the troll, and hold him accountable for his lies.  :!:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:20 am

jimtan wrote:
It would also help if you throw facts at the troll,

takes 1 to know 1

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:23 am

the condo guy has an unlicenced site with some toy graphs and things

intelligent people know we're going to the moon!!

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 am

jimtan wrote:
Does anyone have the ten year inventory numbers? Is ETB just shooting in the dark?

I used to know how to get it a few years back...but not know.

Here is a comment on inventory
New listings for detached, attached and apartment properties in Metro Vancouver totaled 3,666 in February 2017. This represents a 36.9 per cent decrease compared to the 5,812 units listed in February 2016 and an 11.4 per cent decrease compared to January 2017 when 4,140 properties were listed.

This is the lowest number of new listings registered in February since 2003.

I didnt get this from Steve Saretzky's site lol

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:46 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:
Sure man, market is off for detached unless you're out there looking for one. Go ask potential buyers if detached are getting cheaper lol.
You're trying to jawbone the market down. Won't work friend.

Why do you get your panties in a bunch anybody says the market is off.  It is as plain as day.  
ETB = the home of alternative facts.
Judging by your posts, one would think that 90% of sales are greater than asking price.  Not ever 25% are.  
Cherry picking 101.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:48 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
Does anyone have the ten year inventory numbers? Is ETB just shooting in the dark?

New listings for detached, attached and apartment properties in Metro Vancouver totaled 3,666 in February 2017. This represents a 36.9 per cent decrease compared to the 5,812 units listed in February 2016 and an 11.4 per cent decrease compared to January 2017 when 4,140 properties were listed.

dig into mlx lol

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:49 am

reallyreal2 wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:
Sure man, market is off for detached unless you're out there looking for one. Go ask potential buyers if detached are getting cheaper lol.

Why do you get your panties in a bunch anybody says the market is off.  It is as plain as day.  
Judging by your posts, one would think that 90% of sales are greater than asking price.  Not ever 25% are.  
Cherry picking 101.

not sure about the underwear references but that other guy is just some unlicensed noob with a hobby site and some pictures

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:29 am

reallyreal2 wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:

Cherry picking 101.

If the market is off I'll be one of the first to post the info.
What I don't like is for individuals to manipulate data for their personal gain.
Saretzky's motivation is very obviously self serving

westcoastfella
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:38 am

jimtan wrote:
There's a troll running around the forum, insulting people and libeling Steve. I''m the only one willing to bring the troll down.

Then, there's a realtor who attacked Steve's character and professionalism. This is not on.

You may disagree with the bear assessment. Its your task to offer the counterpoint backed by FACTS and FIGURES. 

Let me remind you that I was a buyer in 2008. I talked bullish from 2009 to 2015. What happened in 2016?

Currently, we are in a balanced battle between bull and bear. There are many possible scenarios. Only the numbers will give an indication of how things will proceed. So, let's discuss in an adult analytical manner.

It would also help if you throw facts at the troll, and hold him accountable for his lies.  :!:

It would actually help more if you just ignore the troll.  By definition, they will troll anything you post here, including actual facts, to goad you into replying... and then repeat cycle.  Its why they call them "trolls"

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:40 am

westcoastfella wrote:
jimtan wrote:

It would actually help more if you just ignore the troll.  By definition, they will troll anything you post here, including actual facts, to goad you into replying... and then repeat cycle.  Its why they call them "trolls"

+ 1

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:41 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:

Cherry picking 101.

If the market is off I'll be one of the first to post the info.
What I don't like is for individuals to manipulate data for their personal gain.
Saretzky's motivation is very obviously self serving

self serve. . sounds like circle serving lol

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:47 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:
jimtan wrote:

Why don't you check the 10-year inventory numbers before you make up your mind.
Lets not confuse new listings with active listings. How does the REB calculate inventory/months. Is it based on new listings or active listings?
Let's not confuse detached with condo. My point (and Steve's) is that detached sales in Vancouver East/West, Burnaby and Richmond are below average. Hence, price correction are needed in the overheated markets.
The important thing is note is that momentum in the high-end market has been broken. It is possible that the multiple bidding in starter condo is a sign of the final blowout.
There's the risk that the NDP may come out with a populist platform. Game has changed world wide. Are you in denial.

Finally, I dare you to repeat the slanderous accusations about Steve on his site. I'll be interested to see what he does.  :!:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:52 am

jimtan wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:
jimtan wrote:

Why don't you check the 10-year inventory numbers before you make up your mind.
Lets not confuse new listings with active listings. How does the REB calculate inventory/months. Is it based on new listings or active listings?
Let's not confuse detached with condo. My point (and Steve's) is that detached sales in Vancouver East/West, Burnaby and Richmond are below average. Hence, price correction are needed in the overheated markets.
The important thing is note is that momentum in the high-end market has been broken. It is possible that the multiple bidding in starter condo is a sign of the final blowout.
There's the risk that the NDP may come out with a populist platform. Game has changed world wide. Are you in denial.

Finally, I dare you to repeat the slanderous accusations about Steve on his site. I'll be interested to see what he does.  :!:

that condo site is unlicenced btw
try www.realtylink.org for real licenced listings

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:55 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:
jimtan wrote:

Firstly you aren't required to look at some random lists of what house in Vancouver to decide something.

Secondly, the unlicenced condo site(and the random john smith on this site doesn't realised that said noob with toy pictures mostly deals with apartments, not houses, and said houses are flying off the shelves in Metro Vancouver.   There is way too much competition especially in the +2m range.

Lastly, there's little chance the fringe parties will have an american style campaign.  Things are different here, and its a new normal.