This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Re: What do you see out there in March?

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:25 am

westcoastfella wrote:
Jim, did you start a whole new thread about nothing just so you could have an ongoing fight with a mindless troll?   :roll:

West,
You're welcome to add your March observations. Any useful insights to add to Steve's numbers?

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:28 am

www.realtyink.org THIS is a licenced condo instead of that random john smith who purports to know condos lol

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:29 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:
Steve Saretzky is a condo guy.
It's in his interest to trash detached for the benefit of his condo sales.
Notice how he doesnt mention anything about current detached inventory compared to 10 year avg...just to last years historic low?

You let me know if he ever tells the truth about what a poor investment a Vancouver condo is. That's his bread and butter.

I don't think Steve has ever said that Vancouver has been a poor investment. Obviously, it has been. Steve is merely stating the bearish view after the changes in regulations. Remember the vacancy tax, surchange on foreign buyers etc.
You're welcome to provide numbers for the 10-year series on inventory numbers. If you know how to compile it?

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:30 am

jimtan wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:
Notice how he doesnt mention anything about current detached inventory compared to 10 year avg...just to last years historic low?

You let me know if he ever tells the truth about what a poor investment a Vancouver condo is. That's his bread and butter.

I don't think Steve has ever said that Vancouver has been a poor investment. Obviously, it has been a good long term investment. Steve is merely stating the bearish view after the changes in regulations. Remember the vacancy tax, surchange on foreign buyers etc.
You're welcome to provide numbers for the 10-year series on inventory numbers. If you know how to compile it?

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:31 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:

op is a textbook definition of doubletalk . Everyone knows that the unclicenced condo site is a really negative person and saying a lot of what do they say, male cow exhaust?

in other news, 30,000 people in the vancouver region a year need a place to live

to the moon!

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:32 am

jimtan wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:

I don't think Steve has ever said that Vancouver has been a poor investment. Obviously, it has been a good long term investment. Steve is merely stating the bearish view after the changes in regulations. Remember the vacancy tax, surchange on foreign buyers etc.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:33 am

wow.  free money is always good

to infinity and beyond

http://www.royalpacific.ca/first-time-b ... t-program/

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:34 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:

Well, if unlicenced and negativity on  a place where many people are coming was an olympic sport, that condo guy could win GOLD in Korea 2018 !

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:35 am

tdma800 wrote:
http://www.realtyink.org THIS is a licenced condo instead of that random john smith who purports to know condos lol

That's the official site of the REB. Is a licence need to analyse and quote statistics? Please quote the exact regulation?

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:38 am

Does anyone have the ten year inventory numbers? Is ETB just shooting in the dark?

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:43 am

that condo guy doesnt look like he's licenced at all and pretty negative

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:43 am

people that are actually in Vancouver know that vacancies are low and there are plenty of people coming all the time that need a place to live.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:45 am

For the ignorance

"The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) is a member-based association of more than 13,535 REALTORS® who live and work in communities from Whistler to Maple Ridge to Tsawwassen and everywhere in between..."

It does not need a 'licence' to operate as a trade association. Please note that the association is not licensed to participate in RE transactions. Realtors are licensed.by the Real Estate Council of BC. (Please correct me if I am wrong).

https://www.recbc.ca/licensing/trading- ... sales.html

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:49 am

tdma800 wrote:
that condo guy doesnt look like he's licenced at all and pretty negative

Wrong.
A simple search for Steve shows that ...

Stephen Saretsky, Sutton Group-West Coast Realty, Broadway Representative, Licensed Dec 30 2018

I dare you to repeat your libel.  :!:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:52 am

that is an unlicenced condo site