This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS


Moderator: admin

 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Vancouver is the home of money laundering through the principal residence exemption.

Regular joes are still getting well below ask for homes - these "sales" are grey market transactions that fooled many of the suckers in Vancouver.

Lots of houses out there getting nowhere near peak prices - I wonder why? LOL
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:42 pm

yzfr1 wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:
yzfr1 wrote:

You keep throwing that term around, I don't think you understand what money laundering is.

I don't understand where the laundering comes in. How is cash from China used to buy a property all of a sudden "laundered" there is a clear paper trail to trace..

https://www.google.ca/amp/globalnews.ca ... alyst/amp/

A guy who is shorting the banks is the one claiming there is a money laundering going on. I wonder why hes saying that.

Just to let you know, if you become a Canadain citizen you can't hold your Chinese citzenship anymore. Those who have "laundered" there money out of China spent allot of money to get it out. It's will never go back.

I just LOL at you.


It is as plain as day - if you don't understand how easy it is or why it happens, then I suggest reading up on it.

Most of the sales that everybody gushes over are outliers that criminals to circumvent tax laws.


nope, and nope.

if you don't know why its not then you should do more reading.

innocent until proven guitly. This isnt communist China. you are in the wrong country.

there is due process here. TAKE that sucker.

The other unnamed individual called vancouver the capital - wrong as usual
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:45 pm

reallyreal2 wrote:
Vancouver is the home of money laundering through the principal residence exemptiom


Whining isn't healthy . Save electricity - no need to be concerned with people buying things that you cant afford but drool over



To the moon!
 
jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 5381
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:10 pm

yzfr1 wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:
yzfr1 wrote:

You keep throwing that term around, I don't think you understand what money laundering is.

I don't understand where the laundering comes in. How is cash from China used to buy a property all of a sudden "laundered" there is a clear paper trail to trace..

https://www.google.ca/amp/globalnews.ca ... alyst/amp/

A guy who is shorting the banks is the one claiming there is a money laundering going on. I wonder why hes saying that.

Just to let you know, if you become a Canadain citizen you can't hold your Chinese citzenship anymore. Those who have "laundered" there money out of China spent allot of money to get it out. It's will never go back.

I just LOL at you.


It is as plain as day - if you don't understand how easy it is or why it happens, then I suggest reading up on it.

Most of the sales that everybody gushes over are outliers that criminals to circumvent tax laws.


nope, and nope.

if you don't know why its not then you should do more reading.

innocent until proven guitly. This isnt communist China. you are in the wrong country.

there is due process here. TAKE that sucker.



Stop trolling. Don't say anything if you have nothing mature to add.
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:18 pm

jimtan wrote:
yzfr1 wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:

It is as plain as day - if you don't understand how easy it is or why it happens, then I suggest reading up on it.

Most of the sales that everybody gushes over are outliers that criminals to circumvent tax laws.


nope, and nope.

if you don't know why its not then you should do more reading.

innocent until proven guitly. This isnt communist China. you are in the wrong country.

there is due process here. TAKE that sucker.



Stop trolling. Don't say anything if you have nothing mature to add.

What you say is what you are
 
jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 5381
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:30 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:

i.e. when I bought my place I brought a 10% downpayment - income mattered.
My next purchase I'll be bringing 1.3M in equity - wealth matters.


You poor thing. Your equity comes from your home. Equity goes up when RE goes up. But, it also means the price of your next purchase went up too. Unless, you are selling out and moving to ...

What are the chances of you upgrading to Vancouver West? Or, upgrading to a bigger house?

Wealth is something created by tech millionaires and funded through the stock market. To them, their home represents a small part of their equity. Their prospects of upgrading are good if their Enterprise can continue to grow at 20% per year.
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Wealth from your own home is tax free by the way
 
VanLord
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:37 pm

reallyreal2 wrote:
Vancouver is the home of money laundering through the principal residence exemption.  

Regular joes are still getting well below ask for homes - these "sales" are grey market transactions that fooled many of the suckers in Vancouver.

Lots of houses out there getting nowhere near peak prices - I wonder why?  LOL

Can you show some examples!
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:46 pm

It's out of winter already things are going back
 
2000sqft
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:17 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:58 pm

VanLord wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:
Vancouver is the home of money laundering through the principal residence exemption.  

Regular joes are still getting well below ask for homes - these "sales" are grey market transactions that fooled many of the suckers in Vancouver.

Lots of houses out there getting nowhere near peak prices - I wonder why?  LOL

Can you show some examples!


Examples of grey market or getting nowhere near peak prices?

He's right about the grey market...some uneducated people fall for it but his definition of peak prices is 20% above the actual peak prices from last year LOL which obviously the current market and past market never reached...
To the moon and beyond!...at $2000 per sq ft
 
yzfr1
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 pm

jimtan wrote:
You poor thing. Your equity comes from your home. Equity goes up when RE goes up. But, it also means the price of your next purchase went up too. Unless, you are selling out and moving to ...

What are the chances of you upgrading to Vancouver West? Or, upgrading to a bigger house?

Wealth is something created by tech millionaires and funded through the stock market. To them, their home represents a small part of their equity. Their prospects of upgrading are good if their Enterprise can continue to grow at 20% per year.

This is another example I want people to pay close attention to. The stupidity is real... just imagine how dumb this guy is in real life. He actually has no concept of money or finance. His comprehension is like a grade 4 kid. 
He doesn't even understand that when you buy a house, you pay off your mortgage. Price appreciation is only one slice of the pie... And I have no comments about his tech millionaires and "funded through the stock market" rant. He went full retard on that one.
I hope through my many efforts to expose Jitman as a grade A moron is working and can dismiss his entire post upon seeing his name. He's in the same category as TDMA 
 
2000sqft
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:17 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:22 pm

yzfr1 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
You poor thing. Your equity comes from your home. Equity goes up when RE goes up. But, it also means the price of your next purchase went up too. Unless, you are selling out and moving to ...

What are the chances of you upgrading to Vancouver West? Or, upgrading to a bigger house?

Wealth is something created by tech millionaires and funded through the stock market. To them, their home represents a small part of their equity. Their prospects of upgrading are good if their Enterprise can continue to grow at 20% per year.

This is another example I want people to pay close attention to. The stupidity is real... just imagine how dumb this guy is in real life. He actually has no concept of money or finance. His comprehension is like a grade 4 kid. 
He doesn't even understand that when you buy a house, you pay off your mortgage. Price appreciation is only one slice of the pie... And I have no comments about his tech millionaires and "funded through the stock market" rant. He went full retard on that one.
I hope through my many efforts to expose Jitman as a grade A moron is working and can dismiss his entire post upon seeing his name. He's in the same category as TDMA 



And that reallyreally poster

Better yet...don't feed the trolls
To the moon and beyond!...at $2000 per sq ft
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:52 pm

yzfr1 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
You poor thing. Your equity comes from your home. Equity goes up when RE goes up. But, it also means the price of your next purchase went up too. Unless, you are selling out and moving to ...

What are the chances of you upgrading to Vancouver West? Or, upgrading to a bigger house?

Wealth is something created by tech millionaires and funded through the stock market. To them, their home represents a small part of their equity. Their prospects of upgrading are good if their Enterprise can continue to grow at 20% per year.

This is another example I want people to pay close attention to. The stupidity is real... just imagine how dumb this guy is in real life. He actually has no concept of money or finance. His comprehension is like a grade 4 kid. 
He doesn't even understand that when you buy a house, you pay off your mortgage. Price appreciation is only one slice of the pie... And I have no comments about his tech millionaires and "funded through the stock market" rant. He went full retard on that one.
I hope through my many efforts to expose Jitman as a grade A moron is working and can dismiss his entire post upon seeing his name. He's in the same category as TDMA 

Paying down your mortgage?  
Nobody in Vancouver pays down their mortgage.  Ask Alpine Credits or Capital Direct or your friendly neighbourhood mortgage broker.
You guys are hilarious.
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:55 pm

VanLord wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:
Vancouver is the home of money laundering through the principal residence exemption.  

Regular joes are still getting well below ask for homes - these "sales" are grey market transactions that fooled many of the suckers in Vancouver.

Lots of houses out there getting nowhere near peak prices - I wonder why?  LOL

Can you show some examples!

Just look at some of the sales that are completely out of line with other current listings - if a house sells for overask or well above market when there are a dozen sitting there for cheaper, don't you ever say "hmmmmmmmmmmm?"
 
yzfr1
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:04 pm

reallyreal2 wrote:
VanLord wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:
Vancouver is the home of money laundering through the principal residence exemption.  

Regular joes are still getting well below ask for homes - these "sales" are grey market transactions that fooled many of the suckers in Vancouver.

Lots of houses out there getting nowhere near peak prices - I wonder why?  LOL

Can you show some examples!

Just look at some of the sales that are completely out of line with other current listings - if a house sells for overask or well above market when there are a dozen sitting there for cheaper, don't you ever say "hmmmmmmmmmmm?"

I say hmmmmmmmmmm to you.
You never bought fruit before? shoes??? cars???? you make it seem like houses are chocolate bars in the same wrapping / weight  and look.
why are they used cars for cheap on Craigslist! why isn't anyone buying them all! Everyone who buys a new car must be laundering money!
I digress. Not all properties are the same. When I was buying my house I went to 20 - 30 open houses.. same garbage on MLS over and over. No one wants those houses... I would wait Monday morning for new listings from my realtor and pounce. I have a feeling that's what happens with allot of people. Once people cycle through the garbage houses with high prices.. they wait and when something comes onto the market thats why it sell for above asking. There will always be houses on the market that no many people will buy because of desirability but seller is un willing to lower price as well.
I hope this answers your question chief.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest