This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:10 pm

You are hilariously naive.

LOL

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:14 pm

jimtan wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:

i.e. when I bought my place I brought a 10% downpayment - income mattered.
My next purchase I'll be bringing 1.3M in equity - wealth matters.

You poor thing. Your equity comes from your home. Equity goes up when RE goes up. But, it also means the price of your next purchase went up too. Unless, you are selling out and moving to ...

What are the chances of you upgrading to Vancouver West? Or, upgrading to a bigger house?

Wealth is something created by tech millionaires and funded through the stock market. To them, their home represents a small part of their equity. Their prospects of upgrading are good if their Enterprise can continue to grow at 20% per year.

Dont cry for me jimbo. I'm sitting real pretty

VanLord
Real Estate Talker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:28 pm

reallyreal2 wrote:
VanLord wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:
Vancouver is the home of money laundering through the principal residence exemption.  

Regular joes are still getting well below ask for homes - these "sales" are grey market transactions that fooled many of the suckers in Vancouver.

Lots of houses out there getting nowhere near peak prices - I wonder why?  LOL

Can you show some examples!

Just look at some of the sales that are completely out of line with other current listings - if a house sells for overask or well above market when there are a dozen sitting there for cheaper, don't you ever say "hmmmmmmmmmmm?"

you still didn't show any examples, you just made vague references...at the end of the day even if the market is down 15%, what difference does it really make??  I think the market will be healthier with a small correction, which it seems has already happened and there is support to keep prices from falling further

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:36 pm

ReallyReal2, Jimtan (aka Dunt-Man aka dumbass aka moron)

They have now moved into "Post-truth politics"

Post-truth politics (also called post-factual politics) is a political culture in which debate is framed largely by appeals to emotion disconnected from the details of policy, and by the repeated assertion of talking points to which factual rebuttals are ignored. Post-truth differs from traditional contesting and falsifying of truth by rendering it of "secondary" importance. While this has been described as a contemporary problem, there is a possibility that it has long been a part of political life, but was less notable before the advent of the Internet. In the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell cast a world in which the state changes historic records daily to fit its propaganda goals of the day.

TDMA is actually right. We are going to the moon. I hope my Rogers covers the roaming.

PS. Dunt-man is a moron. He likes to think of himself as a finical wizard, with stocks and Brexit and bitcoin and all that BS.. He sold his house to early and went full bear retard mode hoping the market would crash so he could buy again. But this moron made mistake #1 of investing. Never short a position naked. Your loss can be infinite, skys the limit for prices (as hes well aware of now) stuck renting unable to buy back in. However going in long naked is a acceptable practice.

dun dun dun. IDIOT

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:18 pm

[quote="yzfr1"

PS. Dunt-man is a moron. He likes to think of himself as a finical wizard, with stocks and Brexit and bitcoin and all that BS.. He sold his house to early and went full bear retard mode hoping the market would crash so he could buy again. But this moron made mistake #1 of investing. Never short a position naked. Your loss can be infinite, skys the limit for prices (as hes well aware of now) stuck renting unable to buy back in. However going in long naked is a acceptable practice.

dun dun dun. IDIOT[/quote]

You may try to sound sophisticated. But, you're just name calling. People like you should be banned from the forum.

Looking at Steve's March stats, much more comprehensive and perceptive than yours, detached sales still below 10 year average. The greatest inventory is in Vancouver West which has been leading the charge.

Link that to latest government measures, it's clear that momentum has been broken. Now, it's just the panicked first time buyers still pushing the low end.

I don't bother debating with you because you have no content. To understand the present, you must know the past. You don't know squat about Adam Smith and the context of the invisible hand!

To build a narrative of the future, you must have an analytical grasp of the present, and the ability to know what matters. Just cherry picking doesn't count. Hah!

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:44 pm

He sold his house to early and went full bear retard mode hoping the market would crash so he could buy again.

Is this true?
I've been giving examples since 2009 of idiots who've done this and lost.
Never never never bet against Vancouver.
Only the foolish and greedy attempt it.

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Looking at Steve's March stats, much more comprehensive and perceptive than yours, detached sales still below 10 year average. The greatest inventory is in Vancouver West which has been leading the charge.

These are not my stats, they are official numbers that are reported to the government. These numbers are official, there is no more "comprehensive" stats. Those are the numbers of houses sold and those are the prices sold for. There is no arguing that, it is what it is. So what if detached sales are below 10 year average, all we care about is the price.

"The greatest inventory is in Vancouver West. NOPE again you are full of Shi** 595 this year vs 571 last year. Its in 3rd place you donkey.

Link that to latest government measures, it's clear that momentum has been broken. Now, it's just the panicked first time buyers still pushing the low end.

Panicked first time buyers pushing the low end? Again no citation, just flapping your gums. Majority of sales were from 900-5 million range. Refer to my nice pic.

I don't bother debating with you because you have no content. To understand the present, you must know the past. You don't know squat about Adam Smith and the context of the invisible hand!
I posted actual stats. You have not posted a single piece of solid information, and I have posted on several occasions you don't know what you are talking about. You have yet to call me out on any "false" or "wrong" information I have posted.

To build a narrative of the future, you must have an analytical grasp of the present, and the ability to know what matters. Just cherry picking doesn't count. Hah!

I don't know how this is cherry picking, its information for the entire market, not a single sale. I don't think you understand what cherry picking means.

ImageImageImage

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:56 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
He sold his house to early and went full bear retard mode hoping the market would crash so he could buy again.

Is this true?
I've been giving examples since 2009 of idiots who've done this and lost.
Never never never bet against Vancouver.
Only the foolish and greedy attempt it.

Dunt-man bought some condo, I would search up his old posts but he has so many it would take me years. Maybe he bought Olympic village or some crap. I remember all the bears made fun of him. He lost his nerve and sold from the social pressure. He second guessed himself. He was a full retard bull when he had the condo, and overnight he became a bear just to fit into this board. That's why he post so much garbage. He actually cares what people think about him on this board.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:

i.e. when I bought my place I brought a 10% downpayment - income mattered.
My next purchase I'll be bringing 1.3M in equity - wealth matters.

You poor thing. Your equity comes from your home. Equity goes up when RE goes up. But, it also means the price of your next purchase went up too. Unless, you are selling out and moving to ...

What are the chances of you upgrading to Vancouver West? Or, upgrading to a bigger house?

Wealth is something created by tech millionaires and funded through the stock market. To them, their home represents a small part of their equity. Their prospects of upgrading are good if their Enterprise can continue to grow at 20% per year.

Dont cry for me jimbo. I'm sitting real pretty

You're a newbie at this. So, my advise is to never count your chickens before they hatch. Until you get cold hard cash, your million is just paper.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:49 am

yzfr1 wrote:

Post-truth politics (also called post-factual politics) is a political culture in which debate is framed largely by appeals to emotion disconnected from the details of policy, and by the repeated assertion of talking points to which factual rebuttals are ignored. Post-truth differs from traditional contesting and falsifying of truth by rendering it of "secondary" importance. While this has been described as a contemporary problem, there is a possibility that it has long been a part of political life, but was less notable before the advent of the Internet. In the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell cast a world in which the state changes historic records daily to fit its propaganda goals of the day.

TDMA is actually right. We are going to the moon. I hope my Rogers covers the roaming.

dun dun dun. IDIOT

Post truth politics is saying we are at peak pricing yet doesn't understand when or what peak might be.  
Take a look at the six month change and tell me if it is a "+" or "-" sign before each of the numbers.
Post truth - you are what you talk about.  Hurts, doesn't it  :lol:

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:44 am

reallyreal2 wrote:
yzfr1 wrote:

dun dun dun. IDIOT

Post truth politics is saying we are at peak pricing yet doesn't understand when or what peak might be.  
Take a look at the six month change and tell me if it is a "+" or "-" sign before each of the numbers.

Nah man, we are the paper millionaire club. We could care less about -10k here or -50k off peek price there.

We are at a all you can eat buffet, so someone sneezed on the desert cart. That's fine they are about to bring out the lobster corse.

Only thing that hurts is your knees, stuck sitting in a small chair at the kids table with Jitman and TDMA eating croutons and bacon bits while the rest of us are feasting on Turkish delight.

Its not to late, there is plenty of room at the big boy table. We are nice, lots of $$$ to go around.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:01 am

yzfr1 wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:

Nah man, we are the paper millionaire club. We could care less about -10k here or -50k off peek price there.

We are at a all you can eat buffet, so someone sneezed on the desert cart. That's fine they are about to bring out the lobster corse.

Only thing that hurts is your knees, stuck sitting in a small chair at the kids table with Jitman and TDMA eating croutons and bacon bits while the rest of us are feasting on Turkish delight.

Its not to late, there is plenty of room at the big boy table. We are nice, lots of $$$ to go around.

hahahahahahah... now that's something to be proud of.
I wouldn't repeat that ever again if you wanted someone to take you seriously in the future - mind you, you are probably used to not being taken seriously by now.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:28 am

Dear yzfr,

Please take a break.

Jim