This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS


Moderator: admin

  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:17 am

Everybody ready for their daily dose of real estate news?

http://vancouversun.com/business/mortga ... hmond-home

Demonizer - why aren't you on your robin hood campaign of unfairness to locals when getting mortgages when compared to foreigners? LOL
 
Demonizer
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:56 am

locals can still afford mortgages. just maybe not in the amount that they were able to afford.

i just got a mortgage for $730K, payments are only $2800 per month

Canadian born and raised here. no help from no one.

on another note, the interference by government to instill housing affordability changes is totally artificial and not unlike communist dictatorship regulations.

when you ask someone who is wealthier to help support the lowest class of society, that's communism. taking from the rich to subsidize rental housing for the low income general population is communism.

Toronto is not taking the direction that Vancouver has dim wittedly done. First a foreign tax, then a speculation tax, then a vacant housing tax, what next? 

is it doing anything? NO, it hasn't made it easier for first time buyers to buy. it hasn't changed anything excepted dropped the volume of sales which hurts everyone really. the jobs, the income, the taxes, our general population (jealous xenophobes) of society (half baked dumb assed low level people) in general has proverbially shot themselves in the foot.

the mentality they foster is if they can't have it then they will bring anyone down who is trying to.

it's rather childish. because they have denied their reality. they are in denial that they simply just suck. no matter how hard they try not to it's inevitable like a self fulfilling prophecy, it's just baked into their dna.
 
Demonizer
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:24 pm

if meek and docile little socialist hippie canadians are too stoned or drunk to understand the value of the property they have been squatting on for generations then it's their own fault that someone who has money actually is bucking up to bring value and enjoy their lives in paradise.

if they see little value in it for generations then there is no choice but to find those who value it. 

that's business. that's their chance lost.

the old saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

love it or leave it

you snooze you lose

finders keepers, losers weepers.

these are all western sayings by the way. not communist chinese or foreign sayings
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:09 pm

Someone needs to relax a little  :D :) :P

Anyways... nobody is saying that people can't buy here - just that the citizens (the ones that are responsible for making Vancouver great and have built this place into a desirable location for decades) should capitalize on their hard work.  It is like the Chinese complaining that they can't buy a Gucci handbag because it is too expensive - well buck up and pay the premium for paradise.  Or they can just do what is normal in China and copy Vancouver (much like they do with LV purses) - they have a bunch of ghost cities already.. turn one into Vancouver.

Can't have your cake and eat it too....
 
Demonizer
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 pm

There is already the "vancouver forest" built in china.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-est ... e32166336/

http://www.kryton.com/wp-content/upload ... a-2011.pdf

I disagree with your statement that somehow vancouverites built this city and made it great.

It was from people from all over and some were vancouverites and some became vancouverites.

What you said doesn't really make sense because a kid in school living here a few decades hasn't built much. It's a group effort. All groups effort not just one. Not just a few whiney entitled Donald trumpeteer types and their offspring.  I hear it all the time.  The entitlement based on bs fabrications, figments of imagination and delusions

That somehow their rights are more so than others
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:26 am

Demonizer wrote:
locals can still afford mortgages. just maybe not in the amount that they were able to afford.

i just got a mortgage for $730K, payments are only $2800 per month

Canadian born and raised here. no help from no one.

on another note, the interference by government to instill housing affordability changes is totally artificial and not unlike communist dictatorship regulations.

when you ask someone who is wealthier to help support the lowest class of society, that's communism. taking from the rich to subsidize rental housing for the low income general population is communism.

Toronto is not taking the direction that Vancouver has dim wittedly done. First a foreign tax, then a speculation tax, then a vacant housing tax, what next? 

is it doing anything? NO, it hasn't made it easier for first time buyers to buy. it hasn't changed anything excepted dropped the volume of sales which hurts everyone really. the jobs, the income, the taxes, our general population (jealous xenophobes) of society (half baked dumb assed low level people) in general has proverbially shot themselves in the foot.

the mentality they foster is if they can't have it then they will bring anyone down who is trying to.

it's rather childish. because they have denied their reality. they are in denial that they simply just suck. no matter how hard they try not to it's inevitable like a self fulfilling prophecy, it's just baked into their dna.

A good way of entertainmentis watching the complaints all over the media about OMG empty homes! OMG!!unfair!   People should be happy there are empty homes.  School, Sewer, Garbage, and other taxes paid for services that wont be used
 
Demonizer
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:48 pm

tdma800 wrote:
Demonizer wrote:
locals can still afford mortgages. just maybe not in the amount that they were able to afford.

i just got a mortgage for $730K, payments are only $2800 per month

Canadian born and raised here. no help from no one.

on another note, the interference by government to instill housing affordability changes is totally artificial and not unlike communist dictatorship regulations.

when you ask someone who is wealthier to help support the lowest class of society, that's communism. taking from the rich to subsidize rental housing for the low income general population is communism.

Toronto is not taking the direction that Vancouver has dim wittedly done. First a foreign tax, then a speculation tax, then a vacant housing tax, what next? 

is it doing anything? NO, it hasn't made it easier for first time buyers to buy. it hasn't changed anything excepted dropped the volume of sales which hurts everyone really. the jobs, the income, the taxes, our general population (jealous xenophobes) of society (half baked dumb assed low level people) in general has proverbially shot themselves in the foot.

the mentality they foster is if they can't have it then they will bring anyone down who is trying to.

it's rather childish. because they have denied their reality. they are in denial that they simply just suck. no matter how hard they try not to it's inevitable like a self fulfilling prophecy, it's just baked into their dna.

A good way of entertainmentis watching the complaints all over the media about OMG empty homes! OMG!!unfair!   People should be happy there are empty homes.  School, Sewer, Garbage, and other taxes paid for services that wont be used

people will find a reason to complain about anything for the sake of complaining. just awful negative people.

Image
 
Demonizer
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:52 pm

tdma800 wrote:
Demonizer wrote:
locals can still afford mortgages. just maybe not in the amount that they were able to afford.

i just got a mortgage for $730K, payments are only $2800 per month

Canadian born and raised here. no help from no one.

on another note, the interference by government to instill housing affordability changes is totally artificial and not unlike communist dictatorship regulations.

when you ask someone who is wealthier to help support the lowest class of society, that's communism. taking from the rich to subsidize rental housing for the low income general population is communism.

Toronto is not taking the direction that Vancouver has dim wittedly done. First a foreign tax, then a speculation tax, then a vacant housing tax, what next? 

is it doing anything? NO, it hasn't made it easier for first time buyers to buy. it hasn't changed anything excepted dropped the volume of sales which hurts everyone really. the jobs, the income, the taxes, our general population (jealous xenophobes) of society (half baked dumb assed low level people) in general has proverbially shot themselves in the foot.

the mentality they foster is if they can't have it then they will bring anyone down who is trying to.

it's rather childish. because they have denied their reality. they are in denial that they simply just suck. no matter how hard they try not to it's inevitable like a self fulfilling prophecy, it's just baked into their dna.

A good way of entertainmentis watching the complaints all over the media about OMG empty homes! OMG!!unfair!   People should be happy there are empty homes.  School, Sewer, Garbage, and other taxes paid for services that wont be used

they are just mad they aren't them. if they were in the same position they would likely do the same. who doesn't want to protect their money and assets. 
canadians dont understand that people from other countries don't trust banks so they buy physical property. that is their bank.
they are taking all the risk too if the prices devalue.

that's what all the awful people want. they want people to lose equity and value in their biggest investment. that's pretty cruel.

"OMG an empty 5 million dollar house !!!"

it's not like you were going to even buy a $500k house anyways. or even $50k or even $5k a lot of times. these awful dreadful people.
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:20 pm

wow - you just don't stop do you... must be a realtor figuring out how he is going to pay the next BMW payment thinking this was going to last forever...LOL  :lol:
 
eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:41 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:02 pm

demonizer,

you honestly didn't buy a home to treat it like a bank, did you?
Expecting to create wealth from your property is a recent (last 100 years or so) phenomenon.
Throughout human history, property ownership has been about providing a safe and stable place to house your family.
So just do that - and treat equity gains as a bonus.
 
Demonizer
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:25 pm

no, i said before, i bought a dumpy starter home on a decent lot (too bad the neighborhood wasn't that nice) to live in of course in  2003 but it is also an investment. then i sold it and built a new home to live in in 2008. 

I like building out lots, it's a bit of a passion like motorcycles. that's the controlling part of my personality. i think i mentioned this before and it's common. i like to design my environment, control the design. even though small scale, i like deciding on the details like colors and materials. i did think about being an architect growing up but couldn't do it. too much effort.

However, i just recently bought into a 12,000 sq/ft lot with a builder and his developer just outside of metro vancouver. near the mountains and lake. I won't say where it is.

so basically i'm a becoming a small scale developer. I buy lots from the builder/developer to build with and sell the finished homes.

it's an emerging as a part of me. although i do many other things for multiple income streams. like working full time, renting the basement and operating small business as well as study stocks to buy and play.

i put a lot of hard work and effort into making money and i still aint rich. I'd consider myself a bit above middle class. it ain't easy. but working hard does help. working hard is not the end all though. you need to be working smart as well.

black slaves worked hard too. hard work does not guarantee success. but it's better than being lazy.

but to answer your exact question. i do choose to buy/develop homes to make money. or why bother. for charity?

if anyone is going to invest that kind of money, hundreds of thousands, anyone would expect a decent return.
Last edited by Demonizer on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Demonizer
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:32 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
demonizer,

you honestly didn't buy a home to treat it like a bank, did you?
Expecting to create wealth from your property is a recent (last 100 years or so) phenomenon.
Throughout human history, property ownership has been about providing a safe and stable place to house your family.
So just do that - and treat equity gains as a bonus.

throughout human history, the acquisition of lands through violence and theft have always had a goal to make money. to rape and plunder the land and resources.
this has been going on for thousands of years since the beginning of mankind.
i don't see a difference. anything that can be bought and sold is a commodity. anything physical whether it's gold, oil, sugar, wheat.
anything and everything can be an investment to make money it seems.
true story. i didn't make this stuff up.
 
Demonizer
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:33 pm

work harder, work smarter and take risks with the profits.

it's risky for sure. you can lose but you can win big too.

that's the fruits of risk. but you can lose a lot if you make mistake with risk and don't weigh or calculate that risk properly.
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:10 pm

winners don't cry....winers do.

which category do you fall into?
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: The dragon in the room: Hostility toward rich, Chinese newcomers

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:21 pm

whatever happened to demonizer?  

Is he still crying in his wonton soup?  Maybe he is being deported..... nearly 500 Chinese are going home.

LOL
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests