This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Re: Shady Realtors Anecdotes

Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:19 pm

I see a bunch of realtors complaining about government intervention in the RE market and that govt should not have policies that effect the "invisible hand".

I wonder how many were crying when the govt had Canadians backstop mortgages for the banks:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-est ... ice=mobile

These realtors are such hypocrites.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:43 am

reallyreal2 wrote:
I see a bunch of realtors complaining about government intervention in the RE market and that govt should not have policies that effect the "invisible hand".

I wonder how many were crying when the govt had Canadians backstop mortgages for the banks:

takes 1 to know 1

Demonizer
Real Estate Talker

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:25 pm

reallyreal2 wrote:

regardless, you were pounding your pud either way

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:47 pm

Demonizer wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:

You never told me where to send the soother?  
I think you are the funniest person on this site - probably a failure at multiple ventures and need the handout of real estate appreciation to make it.  LOL  

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Demonizer wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:

Its likely he is seething with envy at what others make due to the amount

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:54 am

CBC getting involved now....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/real-estate-agen ... -1.3833572

LOL - and some realtors are complaining that they are not being liked in the media.  How tone deaf are these people?  

:lol:

chuck2005
Real Estate Talker

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:41 pm

In the Comox Valley, home seller's agents have 'held off'all other offers, thereby allowing their buyer to be the only offer presented.  They get full commission.  The home seller never sees the other offers (and doesn't know they exist) and could have received more money in a multiple offer situation.  Everyone and their brother from the Lower Mainland bought a retirement house here this summer; it was multiple offer city,  but we always heard of realtors "holding off" other offers when their own client was offering.  Nothing was ever done about this.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:23 am

chuck2005 wrote:
In the Comox Valley, home seller's agents have 'held off'all other offers, thereby allowing their buyer to be the only offer presented.  They get full commission.  The home seller never sees the other offers (and doesn't know they exist) and could have received more money in a multiple offer situation.  Everyone and their brother from the Lower Mainland bought a retirement house here this summer; it was multiple offer city,  but we always heard of realtors "holding off" other offers when their own client was offering.  Nothing was ever done about this.

Not surprised.
How anybody can trust a realtor is amazing. 

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:25 am

chuck2005 wrote:

Realtors only have to present all offers if the customer hasn't given instructions on that types they want to receive

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:57 am

When money is involved its hard to have ethics especially if you know you can get away with it. 99% of the population will cave... cant just judge these guys so harshly. If were in the same given situation I expect the outcome to be no different.

When I bought my first Condo, I dint know anything and showed up without a realtor. After the end of the showing he gave me bottom dollar of what the seller was willing to do which was $15,000 of asking in 2008 because he told me the seller was desperate.

Im sure I could have gotten more.. maybe it was a trick.

But what I learned from then and now. Its up to the buyer to be informed. No ifs and butts. Everyone should be a informed consumer, that way no one can take advtange of you

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:12 pm

100% agree.

Don't trust a realtor.  They are one step below a used car salesman.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:53 pm

So I wonder if Mike Stewart is subject to any audits because of his tax avoidance scheme he proposed?

What a dummy - mind you, he's a realtor so that goes without saying hahahahahahahahahah   :lol:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:55 pm

by being a realtor a person is of good reputation unlike the average population.

VanBullBear
Real Estate Talker

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:30 pm

You know it's really bad when they resort to media manipulation by posing as Chinese buyers.. these guys got caught with their pants down.

MAC Condo marketing had a couple of their Asian employees pose as tourist wanting to buy out a condo with their parents money. This was aired on TV, getting pretty desperate these dirty realtors.

source:
https://betterdwelling.com/media-manipu ... narrative/
click on the video

TO THE MOOOOOOONNNNNN........ :lol: :lol:

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:12 pm

VanBullBear wrote:
You know it's really bad when they resort to media manipulation by posing as Chinese buyers.. these guys got caught with their pants down.

MAC Condo marketing had a couple of their Asian employees pose as tourist wanting to buy out a condo with their parents money. This was aired on TV, getting pretty desperate these dirty realtors.

source:
https://betterdwelling.com/media-manipu ... narrative/
click on the video

TO THE MOOOOOOONNNNNN........ :lol: :lol:

Realtors... the best is when they try to claim they are professionals.  LOL - professional scam artists