This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Re: New to Real Estate (Vancouver) - Need Strategic Advice

Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:01 pm

So what happens when all the lemming run back to China? Your wealth gonna save the prices? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

To save you the time, they always go back.... one after another. :mrgreen:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:02 pm

doesnt matter. the higher the better

VanBullBear
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:16 pm

I'm glad to have decided not to buy in an overbought market...

Instead of trying to chase the price like a sucker, I decided to invest my savings.
I also took a portion of my savings and started trading oil and gold futures. I have learned a lot about trading the market since then.
One of the critical things that I have learned is to not chase the price, a price action so steep (like the one we recently experienced) is an indication of market hysteria. Purchasers are buying out of fear and greed. The fear or being priced out and the greed of making easy money. This hysteria is usually a sign of sharp market turns because people are not buying out of fundamental reasons but rather emotionally driven.

With that said, the fundamentals are also changing...
The Canadian dollar is recovering as oil recovers. I expect to see oil back at upper 50s to 60s by the end of this year or early 2017.
To compound to the strengthening CAD, the 15% offshore tax that the government has imposed should deter foreign money even more.

The huge decline in volume (number of transactions) is further indication that the market is not finding any buyers at these price levels.

Nobody can predict the future, but the market seems to be turning. All it takes is for the market psychology to turn bearish and the prices should fall further.
I will be staying out of the market in the mean time.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:42 am

A smart person would not gamble on the stock market ahd instead buy a primary residence as that is the only thing in Canada that allows a normal citizen without a corporation or complicated shelter to avoid the most tax.  For those worried about their job, you can buy mortgage insurance for that(not life)

VanBullBear
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:49 pm

tdma800, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

Display this post.

This is awesome, it seems that the lonely troll is enraged by the fact that he is in ignore and was called out for the fact that he is a lonely individual with no life outside of the internet.

It's really quite transparent, why bring up my old thread otherwise?

This is for your own good TDMA. You are in the anger stage, you will get through this and come out a better person. There is no value in trolling all day long, fishing for any kind of validation or human interaction. There is a more wholesome world out there than these forums. You are lonely deep down inside but you can change this.

This ignore feature is awesome, HIGHLY recommend for those who don't want to listen to full time trolls.
Definitely a much better feel to this forum now. :D

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:07 pm

Intelligent people don't risk their money on the stock market.  When you live in the place with the lowest property taxes in the nation why not. Buy a place with the discounted loans you can get.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:09 pm

VanBullBear wrote:
tdma800, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

Display this post.

This is awesome, it seems that the lonely troll is enraged by the fact that he is in ignore and was called out for the fact that he is a lonely individual with no life outside of the internet.

It's really quite transparent, why bring up my old thread otherwise?

This is for your own good TDMA. You are in the anger stage, you will get through this and come out a better person. There is no value in trolling all day long, fishing for any kind of validation or human interaction. There is a more wholesome world out there than these forums. You are lonely deep down inside but you can change this.

This ignore feature is awesome, HIGHLY recommend for those who don't want to listen to full time trolls.
Definitely a much better feel to this forum now. :D

Been using it for months.  TDMA adds no value to the conversation.    Pretty much the Kellyanne Conway of RET - I've put her on ignore too!

LOL

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:10 pm

People who like to make money would do well to buy a home as they can sell it later without paying tax legally.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:12 pm

LOL - TDMA with a muzzle on.  I can't heeeeeeeeeear you!!!!  LOL - go find other ways to troll like commenting on Vancouver Sun articles!!!!  I get the sense that you look for friends there also!   :lol:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Need to mop up the drool from the envy

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:24 pm

You should make friends with Mike Stewart - he is right up your alley..... telling people to criminally avoid taxes.  What a dunce!

:lol:

Remember - don't bother replying... I can't heeeeeeeeeeeear you!!!  ROTFLMAO!!!!

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:26 pm

The same amount of drool like you'd seen in a KBS tv show -- except in this case its envy not romantic lol

Tsawguy
Real Estate Talker

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:46 am

Yes, the ignore feature is great. For those that don't know click "add foe" beside a users name to ignore their posts.

adios tdma800 troll