This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

jesse1
Real Estate Talker

Re: Is it me or is the Westside getting creamed?

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:25 am

Hey jimtan, as my ex-colleague close to retirement quipped, "Once you leave, you're out."
There is no shame in overpaying

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:25 pm

jesse1 wrote:
Guys, hey guys (I don't think there are any girls here), I went to a party on the Westside and guess what nobody brought up real estate! What is this devilry you ask? Here is my conjecture: I think it's because they don't want to be labeled racists.

One lady did bemoan having to live around City Hall instead of the much more pleasant neighbourhood where the party was. And the house where the party was at was bought recently with inheritance money. So everyone was on their best behaviour, as you can well imagine. Anyways we got talking about ski equipment and some guy I met knew a lot about the company I work for so that was fun. All his kids rent in the city (God knows how they afford it), but one's moving back east soon, and he's thinking of moving out soon too. Thank goodness for the smalltalk though. And no real estate talking.

I like to save my real estate talking for RET.com.  It's such a boring topic of conversation generally - yet realtors and mortgage brokers and builders seem to think that is the only thing that people want to talk about - no matter how many people are yawning around them.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:47 pm

The broadway subway was announced to be fully funded today.  the Westside is going to the moon!

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:06 pm

tdma800 wrote:
The broadway subway was announced to be fully funded today.  the Westside is going to the moon!

Watch for all the zoning bylaw changes around the station stops

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:48 am

Watch for SFH to get smoked as nobody wants to live too close to skytrain - especially in Point Grey or Kits.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:50 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:
tdma800 wrote:

Watch for all the zoning bylaw changes around the station stops

Educated people know anywhere near the skytrain is what people want. with the new funding, things are going to the moon! especially close to UBC

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:32 am

reallyreal2 wrote:
Watch for SFH to get smoked as nobody wants to live too close to skytrain - especially in Point Grey or Kits.

I wouldn't buy a detached around train station, but rezoning will ensure plenty of condos surrounding these stops. Detached prices around these developments are sure to sag...homeowners there won't be happy. Watch for a NIMBY campaign.