This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

DnA

Re: Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

Mon May 04, 2009 6:11 am

Agitprop wrote:
DnA wrote:
1) Age / Location / Occupation
32 / UK / Consultant

2) What real estate do you own?
Nothing currently looking to purchase when I get back to Vancouver

3) What's your view on the market going forward? Buyer or seller? Which parts of the market?
I'd imagine the market is going to stabilise, prices are high, but the GVRD is one of the most attractive places to live in the world so people will pay to live (t)here. I'm looking to purchase vacant land in or around North Van to build a home. Or if the price is right a condo downtown and a recreational lot for a cabin :mrgreen: If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

4) Anything else?
Good website, I like to see everyone's opinion.

Do you have a similarly rosy outlook for the UK? Are you still in the UK, or have you made your move? Welcome, btw. :)

Outlook for the UK in my opinion doesn't look as good (though I'm no expert). Confidence is diminishing and it is very much taking on the role of a fallen empire.
Hopefully it returns, the UK has some amazing places to offer, but I'm not too sure british pride can drag them out of this mess.

luke8000road
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 15, 2009 9:26 pm

1) 28 / Singapore (born & raised in Van) / Investment Banker
2) Just getting started....have a few condos in coal harbour...1100-1400sf
3) Quite bearish on the 'commoditized' downtown market e.g., sub 800sf Yaletown type of stuff....as well as the interest rate sensitive segment e.g., multi-tenant, entry level homes in subdivisions......bullish generally on vac'n properties and high end lots/homes.
4) I'm totally flabbergasted at people that mindlessly snap up crappy over-priced condos in less-than-desirable locations
good lists

NotaRealtor

Tue May 19, 2009 1:25 pm

24 / Fraser Valley/ Government Worker

Just a real estate plot in India [50k], that I bought in cash.

3) What's your view on the market going forward? Buyer or seller? Which parts of the market?
I feel the market is headed for a dip in prices, its out of wack, people dont have money, but it continues to go up. I will keep renting until I find a good deal.

4) Anything else?
I love real estate talks, and am currently designing my own website www.urhomesold.net - Hoping it will be an outlet for people to list their home.
www.urhomesold.net

List your home for free online.
For Realtors & Individual Home Sellers.

RiskArb
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon May 25, 2009 4:48 am

luke8000road wrote:
1) 28 / Singapore (born & raised in Van) / Investment Banker
2) Just getting started....have a few condos in coal harbour...1100-1400sf
3) Quite bearish on the 'commoditized' downtown market e.g., sub 800sf Yaletown type of stuff....as well as the interest rate sensitive segment e.g., multi-tenant, entry level homes in subdivisions......bullish generally on vac'n properties and high end lots/homes.
4) I'm totally flabbergasted at people that mindlessly snap up crappy over-priced condos in less-than-desirable locations
good lists

Why would you copy my introduction verbatim? Very odd posting history too

Johnny Horton

Mon May 25, 2009 3:10 pm

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :mrgreen:

jason2010

Fri May 29, 2009 10:48 am

36/new immigrant from China/Software engine

None, rent in Richmond right now

Not sure. I am bearish if judging from economics data. However, there are many other factors. Shadow inflation is one of my major concern. Immigration process handling is speeded up since last year. There may be many immigration population in the coming year. I am a buyer.

illmatic
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 30, 2009 8:41 pm

4) Anything else?

1) 27/Burnaby/Software Engineer
2) Nada.
3) The bear argument is a lot more compelling in my mind. I play the stock market, and thankfully live well under my means (effectively zero debt). I'm not at all attached to the Vancouver-area, if prices here never get reasonable enough pour moi, I'll simply buy/live elsewhere. Looking for a 45% drop off-peak before I'll enter the market for a condo...
4) I'd rather shoot myself than signup for a long-term (25+ years) mortgage. If I can't put 75% down on a place, than I will conclude that it's too much for me. My aim when I buy a property is to pay it off in full in under 5 years. My income is well above average and this should be possible. If not in Vancouver, definitely elsewhere.

Last thing, I don't like how our society has become. Buying a house and renting out the basement suite to make ends meet? More and more households needing multiple incomes to sustain their standard of living? No thank you, I like privacy and freedom. :-)

narci
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi, New here. Wife and I have been looking for months for a piece of property we can call home. Lots of interesting views and topics on this forum.

mansonms

Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:06 am

You must have owned quite a lot properties at some point of your life if not now.

Beaker
Real Estate Talker

Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi, new to the forum although I've been visiting for sereral months

4) Anything else?

1) 31 / New Westminster / Engineer
2) Nothing
3) I will be a buyer in the future, but waiting to see how things play out through next spring.
4) Grew up in lower mainland but have been living in the USA until I moved back here in 2005. RE sticker shock was hard to get over when I moved back to Vancouver. Apperantly there was a real estate boom while I was gone!

easyrent
Real Estate Talker

Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:43 am

Karl from Vancouver. We [ EasyRent Real Estate Services Ltd.]offers listing services for Vancouver Apartment Rentals featuring condos, townhouses, and new homes. Search listings to find your next home.
EasyRent Real Estate Services Ltd - Vancouver apartment rentals

instigator
Real Estate Talker

Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi,

I've been lurking around for months now finally want to jump in and join RE talks.

I'm going to be a new landlord.

I am buying my second property. A new home, principal residence with suites in clayton area of cloverdale.

My old house in guildford that i bought back in 2003 will be rented. There will be positive cash flow there and hopefully in my new home as well.

I'm definately interested in learning from some veterans about being a landlord and investor.

see you guys around.

majesus
Real Estate Talker

Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi, new to the forum, this would be my first official log in.

29/Van/ Engineer (seems to be alot of engineers according to the previous posts)

None yet, buying my first home soon

No idea, no one really knows.

4) Anything else?
Like to learn about real-estate. I find it very interesting.

silva27

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi everyone!

I signed up back in 2008 and got sidetrack a bit. I'm back on a more serious note on investment (RE) so to introduce myself:

1) 27/ Hanoi/ Architectural & investment
2) 5 bdrm home in Calgary
3) none so far...

Thanks

Braden

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi, All.

My name is Braden. I'm a Vancouver resident who rents in the West End. My investment objectives include Vancouver Real Estate, but I can't currently class myself as a buyer.

My objective here is to network with Vancouver property owners looking to earn extra income by renting their garages or basements to hobbyists, small businesses and co-ops. If you have a storage or work space that isn't being used, consider the fact that it could pay a portion of your monthly mortgage and get a hold of me if you're interested in exploring the idea.

I'm looking forward to being a participating member of the forum.

Ciao,

B